Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    I can't believe the Steelers first loss is about to be to Washington. Wow.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,565

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Here is the New Years menu which at $50 Cdn p.p. would be about $35 each U.S.D., and you get 2 of each;
    2020 New Year’s Eve Hors D’ Oeuvres Party To Go

Phyllo Shell with Smoked Cheddar & Apple Jelly
    Masala Rubbed Chicken Satay
    Petite Bouchee with Cambozola Cheese
    Spice Seared Ahi Tuna Sashimi with Lime & Pickled Cucumber
    Lamb Rack Chop with Almond Pesto
    Mango Chutney Glazed Jumbo Shrimp
    Naan with Cremini Mushroom, Aged Brie & Truffle Oil
    Chocolate Pink Peppercorn & Raspberry Square

** 2 of each of the above per person **

$50 Per Person plus tax
    I'm going to place an order before they get booked up! Isolating won't be too bad!

Sounds good to me even if I haven’t heard of half of that stuff. Gotta be better than ordering frozen steaks from those Omaha steak places (which I have never done). But a few years ago when I was working I was surprised at how many dopes that I worked with did that as a New Years Eve family tradition.

jmonroe
    Did what? Eat at expensive restaurants or ordered frozen steaks?
    Made eating steaks ordered from one of the Omaha steak joints part of their New Years Eve family eating celebration.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    qbrozen said:

Lots of people here in the Burgh believe it. This loss has been in the making for at least 3 or 4 weeks because the Steelers have abandoned the run game in favor of the short passing game. It’s football, there are times when you have to put your head down and eek out the tough yards. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

Lots of people here in the Burgh believe it. This loss has been in the making for at least 3 or 4 weeks because the Steelers have abandoned the run game in favor of the short passing game. It’s football, there are times when you have to put your head down and eek out the tough yards. Play the game the way it was meant to be played.

jmonroe
    What? You want them to keep doing what got them an undefeated record? Sheesh.

Seriously, though .... WASHINGTON! Only thing worse would be losing to the Jets.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    qbrozen said:

jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

jmonroe

Seriously, though .... WASHINGTON! Only thing worse would be losing to the Jets.
    That would only be possible if the Jets were on the Steelers schedule. Maybe next year.

jmonroe
  • Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2020
    qbrozen said:

jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

jmonroe

I hear ya.

The running game has been a concern for a while. It's almost non-existent. If you can't score from the 1 yard line in 5 tries; that says something.

When you throw that many times you are lucky you don't get intercepted. That luck finally ran out. 5 or 6 dropped passes certainly didn't help either.

Of course it's still better to be 11-1 than in the situation a lot of other teams are in. :)

I forgot: Congratulations to Alex Smith. I doubt there are many who would have undergone what he did to be able to play again at that level.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,095
    It's always a good day when the Steelers take one on the chin. :stuck_out_tongue:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165

About the Steelers, true but only recently. The team with the most regular season wins is the Bears with almost 140 more wins than Pittsburg (but playing a dozen more seasons). Then the Packers, then the Giants, with Pittsburg coming in fourth.

Considering Pittsburgh was consistently between terrible and mediocre during pre-merger decades (one playoff appearance before 1972), fourth place seems quite generous, perhaps a testimony for their performance after the merger. These regular season wins gave Bears just one post-merger championship (eight before), which is not whole lot, is it? Looks like Bears are all about past glory and consistently squandered opportunities. Packers and Giants have much better balance between pre- and post-merger performance.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    venture said:

qbrozen said:

jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

jmonroe

I hear ya.

The running game has been a concern for a while. It's almost non-existent. If you can't score from the 1 yard line in 5 tries; that says something.

When you throw that many times you are lucky you don't get intercepted. That luck finally ran out. 5 or 6 dropped passes certainly didn't help either.

Of course it's still better to be 11-1 than in the situation a lot of other teams are in. :)

I forgot: Congratulations to Alex Smith. I doubt there are many who would have undergone what he did to be able to play again at that level.
    Like you said the Steelers are 11-1 which is gobs better than a lot of teams. Not to name names, they are far better than any team in the NFC East division but that ain’t saying much so I’ll stop right there.

I pointed out the lack of the Steelers run game and I don’t have a quick fix for that but they have dropped at least a dozen passes the past two weeks and that is not an exaggeration but I think I have a fix for the sudden loss of holding onto the ball that has popped up recently. My fix is that before next Sunday nights game with Buffalo, Tomlin should send his entire receiving corp to the lost-and-found to look for their hands and not allow them onto the field until they find them.☹️

jmonroe
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330
    dino001 said:

About the Steelers, true but only recently. The team with the most regular season wins is the Bears with almost 140 more wins than Pittsburg (but playing a dozen more seasons). Then the Packers, then the Giants, with Pittsburg coming in fourth.

Considering Pittsburgh was consistently between terrible and mediocre during pre-merger decades (one playoff appearance before 1972), fourth place seems quite generous, perhaps a testimony for their performance after the merger. These regular season wins gave Bears just one post-merger championship (eight before), which is not whole lot, is it? Looks like Bears are all about past glory and consistently squandered opportunities. Packers and Giants have much better balance between pre- and post-merger performance.
    Fourth place isn't all that generous seeing that the Pirates are one of the oldest teams in the NFL, and if you go by win/loss percentage then they drop to 9th place and Green Bay makes the top spot.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    ab348 said:

It's always a good day when the Steelers take one on the chin. :stuck_out_tongue:

HEY, weren’t you taught it’s not nice to gloat.

You and @imidazol97 are stought GM loyalists, so was I until 1995, never owned a car that wasn’t built by GM when I bought my first car in 1961. But, I wised up when it became painfully clear that GM forgot how to build decent cars. Did you hear me come in here and blast GM for having a few bad decades, NO you didn’t. It didn’t make me feel good that one of the worlds largest corporations had gone south. I just quietly went elsewhere. You got a lot to learn.😎

jmonroe
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,674
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

Here is the New Years menu which at $50 Cdn p.p. would be about $35 each U.S.D., and you get 2 of each;

$50 Per Person plus tax
    I'm going to place an order before they get booked up! Isolating won't be too bad!

Sounds good to me even if I haven’t heard of half of that stuff. Gotta be better than ordering frozen steaks from those Omaha steak places (which I have never done). But a few years ago when I was working I was surprised at how many dopes that I worked with did that as a New Years Eve family tradition.

jmonroe
    Made eating steaks ordered from one of the Omaha steak joints part of their New Years Eve family eating celebration.

jmonroe
    I may be setting myself up for criticism but I sent my BIL in Florida some frozen steaks for Christmas. I’d rather give him fresh ones but the logistics don’t work.

Are you saying these places don’t provide a good product?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

dino001 said:

Fourth place isn't all that generous seeing that the Pirates are one of the oldest teams in the NFL, and if you go by win/loss percentage then they drop to 9th place and Green Bay makes the top spot.
    Believe it or not, where a team ranks in all-time wins only means something to those that get hung up on history. What most people care about is how many championships a team has acquired recently. The 4 Super Bowls that the Steelers won back in the 70’s means very little to the fans around here today. What they want is one they get to see today. It doesn’t look promising that the Patriots will win one this year but their fans will hold onto their accomplishments until the day they die.

It’s going to be a cold day in Hawaii when any team does what they have done for two decades. That history will live on forever.

jmonroe

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe
    I may be setting myself up for criticism but I sent my BIL in Florida some frozen steaks for Christmas. I’d rather give him fresh ones but the logistics don’t work.

No, I’m not saying the product is bad, although I have never bought them myself. A couple people I know have said they have gotten steaks just as good at their local butcher shop and even grocery stores. It’s not fair to compare a nice filet to a run of the mill strip steak, which BTW I have not purchased for years now. My go to steak is a nice thick ribeye and when I feel worthy I get a nice filet.

You should not feel bad about sending frozen steaks to family members for various occasions. From what I understand, sending those steaks is a well received gift. Sending a gift card to the recipients local butcher shop, probably not so much.

Rest assured, you done good.😀

jmonroe
  • Options

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

The problem with freezing is that it creates ice crystals that has negative affects on the meat. Now a real good steak that's been frozen will taste better than a cheap steak but not as good as it would have been if it wasn't frozen. Plus if its been poorly frozen freezer burn could result ruining the steak.

So it might be a good product and might be good even after being frozen, but it won't be as good as the same product that's fresh and never frozen.

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,165
    edited December 2020

dino001 said:

At least they are not (new) Browns or Lions. :laughing:

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    edited December 2020
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

HEY, weren’t you taught it’s not nice to gloat.

You and @imidazol97 are stought GM loyalists, so was I until 1995, never owned a car that wasn’t built by GM when I bought my first car in 1961. But, I wised up when it became painfully clear that GM forgot how to build decent cars. Did you hear me come in here and blast GM for having a few bad decades, NO you didn’t. It didn’t make me feel good that one of the worlds largest corporations had gone south. I just quietly went elsewhere. You got a lot to learn.😎

jmonroe
    @jmonroe1 @jmonroe
    Now, I didn't do or say anything. Yet I'm included here. I was not a staunch GM loyalist, I just bought the best car at the best time at the best place.

But there were some who would continually lambast GM as the ultimate black sheep of the family of automakers. Anything that happened was an example of bad GM was. Car caught on fire like a Tesla? GM's fault. Tesla fire, not so much.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

No, I’m not saying the product is bad, although I have never bought them myself. A couple people I know have said they have gotten steaks just as good at their local butcher shop and even grocery stores. It’s not fair to compare a nice filet to a run of the mill strip steak, which BTW I have not purchased for years now. My go to steak is a nice thick ribeye and when I feel worthy I get a nice filet.

You should not feel bad about sending frozen steaks to family members for various occasions. From what I understand, sending those steaks is a well received gift. Sending a gift card to the recipients local butcher shop, probably not so much.

jmonroe
    Ribeye is the best steak IMHO. Filet is tender, yes, but low on flavor. There are reasons it’s so often wrapped in bacon or doused in sauce.

Ribeye needs nothing other than some coarse salt and pepper and a screaming hot grill or cast iron pan. Few minutes on each side and a couple minutes rest = perfection.

*extra thick ribeye finish in oven for a few minutes.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    I don't want to inflame old wounds about the
    Steelers, but my friend always orders his steaks
    done "Pittsburg." Black on the outside and blue on
    the inside due to rareness.
    tjc78 said:

Ribeye needs nothing other than some coarse salt and pepper and a screaming hot grill or cast iron pan. Few minutes on each side and a couple minutes rest = perfection.

• Options
    I can do rare, but prefer medium-rare. Anything more cooked is unacceptable!

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Smart man and you got the cut right too. 🤓

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

dino001 said:

Believe it or not, where a team ranks in all-time wins only means something to those that get hung up on history. What most people care about is how many championships a team has acquired recently. The 4 Super Bowls that the Steelers won back in the 70’s means very little to the fans around here today. What they want is one they get to see today. It doesn’t look promising that the Patriots will win one this year but their fans will hold onto their accomplishments until the day they die.

It’s going to be a cold day in Hawaii when any team does what they have done for two decades. That history will live on forever.

jmonroe

Actually all time wins can be a good indicator as long as its comparing like teams. In other words you cannot really compare The Chicago Cubs and the Arizona Diamondbacks as the Cubs won over 11,000 games in their history but the Diamondbacks have played less than 3,700 games total. That's why I prefer to look at the win loss ratio. While that might not properly represent the present condition of a team it does give a good indication of the team as a whole especially when we talk about teams that are in their second century of existence as fortunes do ebb and flow.

My main concern with championships and league standings with football based season to seaon is that the season is really to short to overcome statistical anomalities. That is an average team in football can hit a streak near the end of the season and make it through the Super Bowl. Or a great team can hit the momentary skid and miss out of the big dance. In hockey, basketball and baseball the seasons have more games which allow for a more smoothing out of averages. Also due to limited games in a season and one game playoffs a bad call, bad play or just the team having an off day can change who goes to the next round while in other sports teams have a chance to overcome those things, i.e. one bad game doesn't necessarily ruin a season.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    tjc78 said:

How about ketchup? :)

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    Only reason ketchup should be anywhere near a steak is if there are French fries on the plate

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    There was a box of steaks, burgers, and something else I don't remember sitting near our back door one time from Omaha Steaks. We didn't order them. (Cover Sandy's eyes - I suspect it was a lazy mail carrier) - maybe UPS guy?

I called Omaha and they said to keep them and they would send another box out.

Everything was very good. :)

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Now I know the apocalypse has arrived. The Ohio State - Michigan game has been cancelled.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    edited December 2020
    We all know the Michigan didn't want to play that game.
    Eliminates large chance of getting embarrassed and might prevent Ohio State from qualifying for playoffs.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    tjc78 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    Ribeye is the best steak IMHO. Filet is tender, yes, but low on flavor. There are reasons it’s so often wrapped in bacon or doused in sauce.

Ribeye is my favorite steak!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    suydam said:

Now I know the apocalypse has arrived. The Ohio State - Michigan game has been cancelled.

Outrageous. The OSU would have clobbered them. The only team I care about and now the rivalry game has been cancelled. I feel sick to my stomach.

Day has said the requirement for at least six games played for title eligibility needs to be revisited.

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

dino001 said:

jmonroe

Actually all time wins can be a good indicator as long as its comparing like teams. In other words you cannot really compare The Chicago Cubs and the Arizona Diamondbacks as the Cubs won over 11,000 games in their history but the Diamondbacks have played less than 3,700 games total. That's why I prefer to look at the win loss ratio. While that might not properly represent the present condition of a team it does give a good indication of the team as a whole especially when we talk about teams that are in their second century of existence as fortunes do ebb and flow.

My main concern with championships and league standings with football based season to seaon is that the season is really to short to overcome statistical anomalities. That is an average team in football can hit a streak near the end of the season and make it through the Super Bowl. Or a great team can hit the momentary skid and miss out of the big dance. In hockey, basketball and baseball the seasons have more games which allow for a more smoothing out of averages. Also due to limited games in a season and one game playoffs a bad call, bad play or just the team having an off day can change who goes to the next round while in other sports teams have a chance to overcome those things, i.e. one bad game doesn't necessarily ruin a season.
    One bad game will definitely ruin a season if you make it to the playoffs in the NFL. Those are the rules. You can’t apply the rules of other sports to all sports. Maybe that is why football is the most popular sport in America. Baseball is still hanging onto the old saying that it is “America’s Pastime” (very apply named BTW) because we all know that time is past, like it or not.

jmonroe
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Just saw Tyler Hoover as a reporter at the broadcast of (socially distanced) Barret Jackson auction.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    One of my kids is interviewing for global level job.
    Also in the interview are the person currently in the position who is leaving, next level up global person(leader?), and the other person also interviewing.
    Weird and of course conducted remotely, participants are in 3 different countries.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2020

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

The problem with freezing is that it creates ice crystals that has negative affects on the meat. Now a real good steak that's been frozen will taste better than a cheap steak but not as good as it would have been if it wasn't frozen. Plus if its been poorly frozen freezer burn could result ruining the steak.

So it might be a good product and might be good even after being frozen, but it won't be as good as the same product that's fresh and never frozen.
    Speaking of “freezing”, I wish you northerners would keep your cold weather where it belongs - in your own backyards and not send it down here to South Florida. It is supposed to go into the low 40’s tonight and stay in the high 50’s tomorrow - brrrrrr!!! We even have a windchill factor due to 15-20 mph winds from the north.

I expect to see iguanas 🦎 in the streets tomorrow after they fall out of the trees tonight.

At least I’ll get a chance to finally use my heated steering wheel option tomorrow morning! 🤓😜🤪

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

Also in the interview are the person currently in the position who is leaving, next level up global person(leader?), and the other person also interviewing.
    Weird and of course conducted remotely, participants are in 3 different countries.

I thought it was so weird being hired without ever meeting face to face. We did video interviews, but it's still not the same IMO.

My wife just hired someone fully virtual as well. She said was tougher than in person.

• Options
    @tjc78,
    The good thing is she can still work locally and just travel a few times a year.
    Another strange thing is, that after the interview is done, 3 of them are having a meeting with a large customer.
  • Options
    Makes sense if she will be customer facing, however, first I've heard of that!

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    The reason ribeye steak is tastier than filet has to do with how the meat is aged.

At the steak house I go to (NYY STEAKHOUSE) they dry age the ribeyes and delmonicos but the filet mignon steaks are not aged because of the grain of the filets and because they are naturally tender.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    @tjc78,
    Before Covid, went to customer meetings in Atlanta, Bentonville, Charlotte and Seattle(all domestic).
  • Options
    abacomike said:

The reason ribeye steak is tastier than filet has to do with how the meat is aged.

At the steak house I go to (NYY STEAKHOUSE) they dry age the ribeyes and delmonicos but the filet mignon steaks are not aged because of the grain of the filets and because they are naturally tender.

Filet has almost zero fat. Ask any chef, fat = flavor.

I’ve tasted filet at several high end steakhouses and IMO it just doesn’t have the flavor a ribeye has.

• Options
    Hey guys, we have to stop all this talk about ribeyes. Lots of lurkers around here. Guess what the next shortage is going to be? TP is bad enough. I don’t want my grill to go into hiding.😫

jmonroe
  • Options
    abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

Speaking of “freezing”, I wish you northerners would keep your cold weather where it belongs - in your own backyards and not send it down here to South Florida. It is supposed to go into the low 40’s tonight and stay in the high 50’s tomorrow - brrrrrr!!! We even have a windchill factor due to 15-20 mph winds from the north.

I expect to see iguanas 🦎 in the streets tomorrow after they fall out of the trees tonight.

At least I’ll get a chance to finally use my heated steering wheel option tomorrow morning! 🤓😜🤪

It's so cute when people in Florida complain about their so called cold weather.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,437

abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

It's so cute when people in Florida complain about their so called cold weather.
    I just got back from filling up my truck & my wife’s Pilot. It is 26 degrees here.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    I dragged my wife out for a 30 minute walk after Jeopardy. I lied and told her it wasn't cold. I should have had warmer gloves!

I told her she better not complain about this, since she is the one trying to convince me to move back up to the northern snow country. Maybe if I make her freeze enough, she will agree to go south instead?

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Aged beef:
    I recalled that beef was aged in a "cooler" that was cool but not cold, and I recalled pictures of meat hanging. This was done for weeks to get the beef to deteriorate and make the fibers more tender.

You can do it yourself at home according to this article.

"These days, most beef is aged in plastic shrink-wrap—a process known as wet-aging. Dry-aged beef, on the other hand, is exposed to air so dehydration can further concentrate the meat’s flavor. It’s a more expensive process than wet-aging, however, because the meat loses weight from dehydration, and it also must be trimmed of its completely dried exterior. "

https://finecooking.com/article/how-to-dry-age-beef-at-home#:~:text=All%20fresh%20beef%20is%20aged,process%20known%20as%20wet%2Daging.

Before

After and 6 ounces lighter

• Options
    I recall a comment by a policeman who had gone into a restaurant on a suspected break in call. There was meat spread out all over the kitchen counters, left at room temperature overnight apparently to age. Apparently this is how the meat was prepped before use in the various oriental recipes by that cook...

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

dino001 said:

jmonroe

One bad game will definitely ruin a season if you make it to the playoffs in the NFL. Those are the rules. You can’t apply the rules of other sports to all sports. Maybe that is why football is the most popular sport in America. Baseball is still hanging onto the old saying that it is “America’s Pastime” (very apply named BTW) because we all know that time is past, like it or not.

jmonroe
    No it's not a rule, it's a consequence of the schedule.

Baseball is called America's pastime due to it's a better sport to watch live with a group of people. It's played in the summer when it's warm and your not freezing to death and it's no continual action so you can have conversations with friends and the crack of the bat will tell everyone that something is going on with the game. In short it welcomes more of a picnic attitude than most other games.

Also don't count on football being the most popular sport in America for long. May factors are conspiring to knock it out of that spot.

And I still think that a football team should be allowed to field a 12th man in the opposing teams uniform.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

jmonroe
    There was a box of steaks, burgers, and something else I don't remember sitting near our back door one time from Omaha Steaks. We didn't order them. (Cover Sandy's eyes - I suspect it was a lazy mail carrier) - maybe UPS guy?

I called Omaha and they said to keep them and they would send another box out.

Everything was very good. :)
    Luckily my BIL got his so that’s one less worry. I used Kansas City Steaks.

We used to go to a rustic themed steak house (you know, peanut shells on wood floors) and I’d get my steak Pittsburgh style. Sooooooo good.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguy said:

I dragged my wife out for a 30 minute walk after Jeopardy. I lied and told her it wasn't cold. I should have had warmer gloves!

I told her she better not complain about this, since she is the one trying to convince me to move back up to the northern snow country. Maybe if I make her freeze enough, she will agree to go south instead?

My wife is from the Philippines and she didn't experience cold weather until she came to the U.S. in her early 20's. She described her arrival in Chicago in January pretty much like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCmp2qbrZUQ

After almost 40 years of being in Chicago and she has never gotten used to it.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    tjc78 said:

I thought it was so weird being hired without ever meeting face to face. We did video interviews, but it's still not the same IMO.

My wife just hired someone fully virtual as well. She said was tougher than in person.
    My job interview for Enterprise was by email. They tried to slide me into being a car cleaner but I said no thanks. They then interviewed me for a transporter. The in-person part was “when can you start”? My kind of interview.

I remember way back I had to fly in and stay overnight for an interview. They wanted me to come back for a second round but I declined. To much fussing. I became a farmer instead.

• Options
    abacomike said:

jmonroe1 said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

$50 Per Person plus tax

jmonroe

jmonroe

Ha ha, that’s what you get for rubbing your warm weather in our faces as we shiver.😩😩😩