Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,388

@graphicguy said:
    RB.....BTW....I see the prices of 4K TVs dropping like stones. Are you tempted (cause I am)?

Not yet; I'm still very happy with my 2008 Kuro Elite. I'm waiting for prices to drop a bit more along with the availability of 4K content. And I want to see a few OLED sets...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    "But Loma Linda has a neuro-surgical wing where they specialize in brain and spinal tumors."

GOOD NEWS!!! We just got a call from my son's primary physician - the transfer to Loma Linda Medical Center was approved. Thank goodness! He sees the neurosurgeons next Tuesday. From what they told us, they specialize in laser technology in addition to regular surgical removal of benign and malignant tumors of the brain.

We'll find out in the next few weeks if it's malignant or benign and if it's operable. I pray it's benign and operable.

Thanks for all you prayers and support. I greatly appreciate it.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,981

@abacomike said:the transfer to Loma Linda Medical Center was approved.
    "

That's a good sign...things are going in the right direction. Good news!

About Camry's, I guess we are profiling, but, I am sure certain makes draw certain buyers.
    When I am following someone I can't see steering I know I am going to have a problem..., just using defensive driving.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

@fezo said: Has big time hearing issues with some serious hearing issues he was born with but with hearing aids far beyond anything I'll ever need help him con

First, I would rather use a laptop or desktop over a tablet anytime. I think they were invented as a weapon of torture for human beings.

I give so much credit with people who have a handicap but never complain, and have happy productive lives.

We have friends who are in wheelchairs....they are a couple. She has been a doctor and he sells insurance. They meet us at restaurants or at home. They fly or drive back and forth to their place in Florida. They do a lot of volunteer work. They never complain and get more out of life than a lot of people without any disadvantages. They adopted two children. When I hear someone complain I think they should watch these people.

On a car note he found a car he can drive (besides their large van). He got an older Monte Carlo with the largest door possible. He can get the wheelchair into the back and still get into the car.

• Options

OF, were you having a problem finding pictures of a 2015 Mustang? Just google "image 2015 ford mustang"
    Here is one pix, but there are lots;

Even pricing info at Edmunds

edmunds ford/mustang/2015/

• Options
    @driver100 said:

"OF, were you having a problem finding pictures of a 2015 Mustang? Just google "image 2015 ford mustang" Here is one pix, but there are lots; "

That is one gorgeous looking car. Has the lines of Italian and German sports cars. If I was spryer, younger and more flexible, I'd definitely want a car like that in my stable. Unfortunately, my replaced left knee joint prohibits my using a clutch - only way I would drive a car like that is if it had a manual transmission - and I can't manage that for long periods of shifting.

Alas, too little left in this body for really "driving" a car like that.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,712

@driver100 said:
    OF, were you having a problem finding pictures of a 2015 Mustang? Just google "image 2015 ford mustang"
    Here is one pix, but there are lots;

Even pricing info at Edmunds

edmunds ford/mustang/2015/

Thanks, but it wasn't pictures I was looking for it was actual road tests and reviews. I want to see one in person too. Seem to be taking forever for them to arrive at dealers.

Those are nice pics though. :p

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

If you get the feeling that used car prices are getting crazy, you're right.

In 2006 I purchased a 2000 Chrysler Concorde with 61k miles from a dealer for $6850.

Today I see this CL ad.
    http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4609702943.html

Granted it's a two year newer model but it's twice as old as my 2000 was when I bought it for the same price with less milage.

Are we still feeling the reverberations from fewer new cars being sold during the recession?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited August 2014

@oldfarmer50 said:Thanks, but it wasn't pictures I was looking for it was actual road tests and reviews. I want to see one in person too.
    Those are nice pics though. :p

There is some good information about the 2015 Mustang, but, it looks like no one has driven one who can write a review yet.
    The inside looks pretty nice too:

Lots of good basic info at the friendly Edmunds site;
    EDMUNDS - 2015 ALL NEW REDESIGNED MUSTANG

In the cons it reminded me of a CR review. Cramped rear seat.....well, if you are buying a Mustang did you expect it to be like a limo inside?

Pros

Wide range of engine options; new rear suspension promises better handling and ride dynamics; more refined interior.
    Cons

No lighter than before; cramped rear seat.

What's New for 2015

The Ford Mustang has been fully redesigned for 2015.

Unfortunately, I can't arrange for one to come to your house so you can see it in person B)

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,902

@oldfarmer50 said:
    If you get the feeling that used car prices are getting crazy, you're right.

I was at my dealers yesterday for an oil change and was talking to my sales guy. He was on his computer looking at auctions and was complaining about how much money the used cars were going for. He said he bid on 22 vehicles and only got 4 of them.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Kirstie, kyfdx, steve....

Just a quick note, I use Yahoo as my browser. Not every time, but most times when I put Edmunds into the search bar, Yahoo reports back that "Edmunds" is not an authorized Yahoo web site and to enter at my own risk.

Probably some certificate thing that I'm not aware of, but thought you're WEB people would like to know what Yahoo is saying about you guys.

I'm such a tattle tale......

;)

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

I'm not sure what the Yahoo browser is (is that like the old Excite.com site?). If you go to yahoo.com and type Edmunds or Edmunds.com in their search bar, it seems fine here, at least in Chrome or IE11..

You may want to try clearing your browser cache and see if that affects it.

Anyone else?

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,164

That's a browser I had to look up. Learn something here everyday (sometimes more). It's Axis by name and for iPads and Iphones but also for Ch/IE/FF/Safari via a plug in.

http://www.cnet.com/news/here-comes-yahoos-own-web-browser-axis/

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    edited August 2014

Interesting. @graphicguy, are you getting here on a desktop, tablet or phone?

Actually it may be best if you report this via the Help link and put all those kinds of details in there. That way the issue will find its way to the right IT section faster. Thanks.

• Options
    henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

@venture

I was at my dealers yesterday for an oil change and was talking to my sales guy. He was on his computer looking at auctions and was complaining about how much money the used cars were going for. He said he bid on 22 vehicles and only got 4 of them.

Back in 2011 or thereabouts, I was shopping for a used car. At the Mercury dealer, I had picked out a 2010 Grand Marquis with about 25k miles, advertised online for $16,900. The salesman and I were negotiating, I offered $16,900 out the door (to include TT&L), which would have made the actual price around $15,700. I had received a preliminary agreement, and was waiting to go to the finance office to pay out.

In walks the used car sales manager, who had just that minute came back from an auction. He said that cars similar to the one I was trying to buy were going at auction for $17,500, and I absolutely could not have the car at the already agreed on price of $15,700. He did agree to sell it to me at the advertised price, but I was a little miffed about them backing out of the deal, so I declined.

And before you ask, no, I really don’t think it was a gimmick to try and raise the price on me. The sales manager seemed genuinely confused, confounded, perplexed and mystified by the way used car prices were escalating. It it was acting, he should have earned an Academy Award.

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
  • Options
    sterlingdogsterlingdog Member Posts: 6,984

@nyccarguy said:
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm changing my profile pic for a little bit to show support & solidarity for Mike. I thought the pink ribbon license plate was appropriate for our forum. If anybody would like, I'll gladly email the image if you'd like to do the same.

Changing that profile picture is no surprise to me. You're always so considerate and thoughtful of others.

Richard

• Options

@Kirstie_H said:
    Ignore the aggregate 4-star rating - our ratings system has so many variables to check that it's possible to have a vehicle with awful mechanical and build quality issues receive a high aggregate rating. Seems that transmission and electrical problems are a very common complaint.

My nephew purchased a new Grand Cherokee last year in Dubai when he moved there to work. He and his wife are not happy campers. They complain about the lack of comfort and the rough ride. There have also been some electrical issues. I owned one back in the 90s and liked it. You do get that "feel of the road" that I don't care for myself. That is why I traded it for a Tahoe earlier than I would have normally.

Richard

• Options

@tyguy said:
    We considered dropping the Eyesight option, but several discussions in the last two weeks have changed our minds. The final discussion that swung me towards Eyesight was actually a candidate I was interviewing for a position reporting to me at work, and he was recovering from a significant accident that would have been prevented with Eyesight. At that point I made the decision that if I could afford a safety system that may save my family, myself, or others the pain and agony related to a preventable accident, then I must act on that ability and choose safety over leather or hatred for a sunroof.

So, we went down a trim level to Premium and opted out of the leather. We can add aftermarket leather later if it bothers us, but considering the van we’re replacing is fabric and we’ve been happy for 12 years, I don’t anticipate doing so.

Once we picked our trim level over the weekend, I worked up the pricing on an Excel sheet with the options, MSRP, Invoice, and my target price. I also researched contact info for 7 dealers near us. In the process of choosing the Outback, we had visited 2 different local dealers with 2015s in stock that gave us a perspective of the Premium vs Limited, and we decided to give them first shot. We visited one Saturday, but he told us they were blocked by Subaru from ordering Eyesight due to heavy demand and limited supplies. We checked that finding with others and confirmed we could indeed order, we just couldn’t expect delivery until later in the year when Subaru caught up.

Today I emailed both those two local dealers with my options and the price I thought was fair, which was 3% under invoice plus TTL. I arrived at that number by reading the online forums and choosing a slight aggressive figure knowing I had time to wait if needed. Gratefully, one came back right away with a positive confirmation that we can order and at a price that was just $50 higher than what I quoted. I was fine with that number, and tonight we’ll head over to place the order into Subaru’s system along with a deposit.

Exciting! I’m thinking delivery will probably be late October, hopefully in time for me to apply Opti-Coat 2.0 before the temperatures become too cold to properly cure it. Eyesight has been delayed and the only deliveries with the option have been demo cars for the press. Time will tell.

Congratulations on your new purchase. You did some great research and put much thought into this important decision. We have some friends who own a 2012 Outback. They love their car. From what I've heard, you made an excellent choice.

Richard

• Options

@dino001 said:

Dino, I so agree with you about the bakery business in main line grocery stores. That stuff is beyond awful! My wife and I usually bake our own cakes and pies handed down by family and friends. I do have a neighbor who runs a bakery and catering business. His pastries are delicious and even his pies are excellent. He makes a divine lemon pie, as well as a wonderful coconut pie. As for the grocery stores, no thank you when it comes to baked goods.

Richard

• Options
    edited August 2014

@driver100 said:

I see that you finally have a chance to try out the Cadillac. Please do so. You may very well enjoy the experience. Now that the truck is out of the picture, we're considering the smaller Lincoln and/or Cadillac, along with the Honda Pilot. We need to make a decision soon because the convertible will sell better during the hot weather. It's funny how that goes. People with convertibles know that they are most enjoyable during cooler seasons. Those who haven't owned one often think that the summer is the time to enjoy a convertible. They just don't know! Enjoy your car hunting.

Richard

• Options

@dino001 said:

I detest that commercial because of the Egyptian and African conotations. It smacks at the idea that only those of darker complexion would, could, or care to drive an Escalade. That is so untrue. It's like Driver's comment about the old, white fat man with a cigar driving the Cadillac. People of all races, genders, and economic levels drive Cadillacs. Some drive new ones and some drive old ones. People drive what they like, what they want, and what makes them feel good. There's nothing wrong with that. What's wrong is that we pigeon hole both cars and people. One of my bosses used to say that perception is reality. Though that may be true, it's a shame that we don't perceive reality to be the real truth.

Richard

• Options

@driver100 said:
    I said to the Mercedes salesman, that was easy. You came up right away with the right trade in number, and no hesitation on 4% off why wouldn't I just go for it.

When I awoke this morning at 6:00 PDT, I emailed my Mercedes Dealer and asked if he would kindly email me back a copy of the 2015 E400 they ordered for me along with a copy of the ordering guide for the E400. I just received all the info from him.

I do not know if there are major differences between the U.S. bound E400's and the Canadian bound E400's, but if you have any quesitons about "standard" and optional equipment and U.S. pricing, I'd be more than happy to oblige. I know the car they ordered is due to be built on September 12th and is due to arrive at the dealership about 5 weeks later. The MSRP on the car is $69,990.00 including transportation. I know you got the 4-MATIC, which is usually about $2500 more than the rear wheel drive version.

I saw the color you ordered, "Diamond Silver Metallic", a year or so ago on one of the cars he had in inventiory. Yes, it has just a hint of blue in the hue, but mostly silver - excellent choice. I just prefer the light gray.

It would appear that you got a great price, driver - getting 4% off MSRP on a brand new model is not an easy task - and you will be one of the first to own a 2015 in Canada, that's for sure. Most dealers do not budge on cars when they first arrive as a new model. That new engine should be great - improved economy with 26 more horsepower - how good it that? I have a twin turbo on my current car and there is no lag or hesitation at all when "kicking" it down.

When you get your new car, you should join the Mercedes Benz Club of Canada. In Canada, after 1 year full membership, you can print out a coupon for $1000 off on your next Mercedes. Here in the U.S., it's only $500.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

@stever said:
    Interesting. graphicguy, are you getting here on a desktop, tablet or phone?

Actually it may be best if you report this via the Help link and put all those kinds of details in there. That way the issue will find its way to the right IT section faster. Thanks.

Will do. It's a problem with iOS as well as OSX 10.9.4.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

Thanks, I see certificate errors now and then on my desktop but have never seen that on the iPad. But I only surf with it using Safari.

• Options
    edited August 2014

Just checked a phone number that came in. It's a telemarketer. So I noticed a
    link to this on the scam numbers page:

http://800notes.com/videos/n2GZu0HK_gU/i'm-an-indian-too-telemarketer-prank-call-12

Hilarious.

Here's another!

http://800notes.com/videos/E2GZo43G_gU/save-the-telemarketers-telemarketer-prank-call-10

• Options

@sterlingdog said:
    ...certain complexion...

I think the intent of that commercial was to flatter those of a certain complexion which made it pretty tasteless to say the least. I think they call that targeted marketing.

• Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

No Pope Mobile but...

Would you believe when the Pope arrived in South Korea today his conveyance of choice was a Kia Soul? Koreans who are so status conscious could not believe their eyes, that the eminence would ride in a Soul. (pun not intended)

Well, it was not a stunt, as the Pope is a genuinely humble man. At the Vatican he runs around in a Ford Focus, what humility. I know he took a vow of poverty but there ought to be limits placed on modesty and humility.

Would anyone care to speculate what the Pope would ride in when he visits the U.S. or Canada? An Escalade perhaps? I think not.

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,743
    edited August 2014

@graphicguy said:
    Then again, tell Sony about that. They already went down that road with Beta.

Yes, GG, the 8500. I was going to buy a Panasonic VT, but poof! They went away...

Shopping for a stand for the darlin'. The one I picked out, made (in the USA!) from reclaimed wood with drawers, side cabinets, covered wire management holes and a unique finish (the beginning of my "eclectic" furniture collection!), well, I guess I have good taste. Not available until Halloween! So, do I wait, maybe buy an IKEA interim thing or move on... First world problems continue to haunt me.

The true picture of the plasma, rich blacks, along with the motion representation sold me. I watched a baseball game, side by side, plasma and 4k LED. Grounder to short, shortstop scoops, throws and... for a second there are two baseballs on their way to first on the LED! Not so on the plasma. Tax free weekend in MA, so a bit of a savings there.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options

@henryn said:

How nice---another Grand Marquis fan! I always loved those cars but it never worked out that I bought one.

Richard

• Options

Thanks Richard. I hope you're doing well and enjoying your new position in the museum.

We just received our Vehicle Order Number from Subaru with a delivery estimate of early October. That'll be perfect timing with temperatures just warm enough to apply the Opti-Coat 2.0 paint protection before we have the clear film installed. Since we're not in a hurry to sell the van, we'll just patiently wait to list it on Craigslist until the new Subie is received and all the paint protection installed. Winters are brutal on paint and windshields here.

• Options

@abacomike said:
    fezo said:

"Go to Sloan on Monday and my platelets had shot up 17,000 points. Almost makes them to where they were before the episode. Slow and steady once again."

Good to hear you feel like you are feeling better, fez. As far as Sloan Kettering, it's a great hospital.

I wish I could get my son in there, but his insurance is somewhat restrictive. He is supposed to be officially transferred from Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage to the Loma Linda medical complex in the Inland Empire (Riverside County). They are supposed to be the best for his medical condition. Laser is also an option for him.

Stay well and keep in touch.

To Mike and Fezo: Thinking about you both and keeping you in my prayers.

Richard

• Options

@sterlingdog said:I see that you finally have a chance to try out the Cadillac.
    Richard

I had good intentions but I never actually made it to the Caddie dealer, the Jag dealer, or the bmw dealer. I guess you haven't caught up in all the posts yet or you would know.
    btw...nice to have you back for now.

I did try the A6, and when we got to the Mercedes dealer, which we thought was a long shot to begin with, we were surprised to find it was exactly what we were looking for. You know when you put a suit on and it just feels right...little things that are hard to explain.

I like large windows to get a sense of light, seats go high to get a high position, the feel of the road but a little softer ride, elegant with styling that is to our taste.

I could have kept looking, and at one time I would have tried them all, but, I really don't think I could find a car that suited us. I think the fact we moved quickly helped us get the good deal too....the salesman had us before we could change our mind.

• Options

@driver100 said:
    This doesn't do it justice but gives an idea of Crystal grey interior with black trim

Driver, congratulations on a beautiful purchase. I know that you will enjoy it. It's a fine automobile.

Richard

• Options
    edited August 2014

@abacomike said: you got a great price, driver - getting 4% off MSRP on a brand new model is not an easy task

Now that you mention it, he ran down the price and options, and subtracted the trade, added in extras. He gave me what I was hoping to get for the trade in, and then I said, well if you can take 4% off which bmw and Audi did for us in the past, you will have sold a car. He hesitated, and then he said I can do that.

Like I just wrote to Richard, I think he sensed I wasn't there to B.S., he had me in the showroom ready to sign, and if he messed it up at that point they could lose the sale. There's another dealer 20 minutes away.

That $69990 price is interesting. Mine was based on a 2014 E350, but will stay at 4% off whatever the price happens to me. The E350 was $66800 and they all have AWD here.

They can hold out for full MSRP on a new one, but, I would just shop until I found a dealer who will give me the discount.....might not find one but I think someone would rather make 4% and get the service work than get nothing - besides, it was a very easy sale from someone ready to buy.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @driver100 said:

"That $69990 price is interesting. Mine was based on a 2014 E350, but will stay at 4% off whatever the price happens to me. The E350 was $66800 and they all have AWD here."

Remember, the E400 takes the place of the E550 here in the U.S. That means it will come standard with the Premium Pkg, Lane Tracking and Blind spot Monitors, Leather Seating, 18" AMG Wheels with all-season tires, heated and ventilated seats, and fold-down rear seats. All of the above are extra cost options on the E350.

Additionally, they added a rear spoiler, Burl Walnut wood trim, wood/leather steering wheel, the lighting pkg which includes full LED lights and adaptive lighting, Harman Kardon surround sound, parking assist pkg. W/surround view camera and wheel locks.

It's a 2WD, not a 4-MATIC.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384

Richard - the other thing people don't realize about convertibles is that some of the best rides in them are at night. Nothing against the sun - it's my favorite star - but rides under the stars are great.

Today I had the great misfortune to see a Jeep Wrangler in that same orange as that Dart. Talk about eyeslaughter. Fortunately on my way home it was on my blind side. I was never so grateful for the mostly useless eye.

2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • Options

@sterlingdog said:Driver, congratulations on a beautiful purchase. I know that you will enjoy it. It's a fine automobile.
    Richard

Thanks Richard. I asked the Audi salesman about the Cadillac CTS and he said it is a great car, it will have more gadgets on it than you will know ever existed. He said it is a great car and you will save $10 to $15K, but, it just won't feel quite the same. Depends on how important that is.

All the other things he said seemed to be true, so I believed him. Still, I would have liked the chance to try the Caddie and Jag, but a bird in the hand..............

• Options

@abacomike said:

Remember, the E400 takes the place of the E550 here in the U.S. That means it will come standard with the Premium Pkg, Lane Tracking and Blind spot Monitors, Leather Seating, 18" AMG Wheels with all-season tires, heated and ventilated seats, and fold-down rear seats. All of the above are extra cost options on the E350.

Additionally, they added a rear spoiler, Burl Walnut wood trim, wood/leather steering wheel, the lighting pkg which includes full LED lights and adaptive lighting, Harman Kardon surround sound, parking assist pkg. W/surround view camera and wheel locks.

It's a 2WD, not a 4-MATIC.

The Packages are different here. I got the Premium Pkge but that gives me Blind spot, lane track, choice of wood or aluminum trim, harmon kardon sound and surround camera I think.

I can't get a copy of the options, only the dealer has it. I also got the wooden steering wheel with a flat bottom. I don't need a car that stops when the cruise is on, or that parks itself, etc.

I'll know more when they publish the actual list.

• Options
    @driver100 said:

"I can't get a copy of the options, only the dealer has it. I also got the wooden steering wheel with a flat bottom. I don't need a car that stops when the cruise is on, or that parks itself, etc."

The park assist gives you front and tear sensors which, in my opinion, are very important. As for the self-parking, I agree - not important. Also agree that the Driver Assistance pkg is a waste.

You might want to consider the lighting package though. The standard headlights on the car are OK if you don't drive at night much.

I went into Mercedes of Palm Springs late this morning to see if they had any info. Small dealership, etc. the had very little info. Besides, it is obvious that Canadian cars have different packages with different equipment.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance to you.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

@abacomike said:Besides, it is obvious that Canadian cars have different packages with different equipment.

No problem, I appreciate the help. You helped sort out the 400/550 situation. I also feel good that you think I did well getting the 4% off. They gave in fairly easily so I wondered if I should have tried for 5% or 6% off. I am happy with 4 and I think I am satisfied.

I know you loved your Mercedes and so that gave me a lot of confidence in the product.

All help is useful and appreciated.

• Options
    mako1amako1a Member Posts: 1,855

_ I also got the wooden steering wheel _

top it off with this and be a real cool cat

2013 Mustang GT, 2001 GMC Yukon Denali

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,607

Nothing like a knacker knob to dress up a new car

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

What good is it if you don't have a bench seat :p

• Options
    @driver100 said:

"I know you loved your Mercedes and so that gave me a lot of confidence in the product. All help is useful and appreciated."

Anything I can do to help - just let me know!

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

Imidazol97,

Thanks for the additional info.

The message thing on my account might not be the best way to communicate though. I was looking at the number next to that little icon for 4 days not knowing it meant someone sent me a message. :(

• Options
    edited August 2014

The message thing on my account might not be the best way to communicate though. I was looking at the number next to that little icon for 4 days not knowing it meant someone sent me a message. :(

• Options

@mako1a said:
    _ I also got the wooden steering wheel _

top it off with this and be a real cool cat

That brings back memories. When I was a kid, my friends father had one of those on his 54 Ford. When he came home he would turn a sharp right onto our street, all using "the knob", then he lived in the 2nd house on the left and he would crank the steering wheel to the left to drive into the driveway.....all in one motion, all at full speed.

That friend has become a major judge who gets some of the biggest criminal cases, he isn't the friend who killed two people. Murdered one girlfriend and killed a passenger in his car while driving DUI.

• Options

This has to be some sort of record. Talk about The Walking Dead. :o
    http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/4619904431.html

• Options

@oldfarmer50 said:

Hope you aren't considering that one...walking dead is probably right.

My guess is he thought he could get a car for $1000 - found out it was too much to take on, decided to sell, ask $1200 and hope he gets his money back.

It would make a nice bar for the backyard, or let your kids play taxi in it.

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

@oldfarmer50 said:

He should have said, "Lots of miles, but all highway". :p

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460