Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Simple Button Operation - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited July 2014 in BMW
imageSimple Button Operation - 2014 BMW 328i xDrive Gran Turismo Long-Term Road Test

Why did any car company every make this simple operation more complex?

Read the full story here

Comments

• adamb1adamb1 Cookeville, TNPosts: 122

How do the on-board computer computations of mpg compare to log book computations?

• Presumably the LT Passat is similar to my 10 Jetta TDI which has a dedicated button on the cluster just for resetting the trip meter. It's on the right hand side of the cluster and says "0.0".

• the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,079

I love how integrated the display graphics are with the gauge fonts. It's also a very clean design and uncluttered with fluff and bling.

• schen72schen72 Posts: 433

My 2006 Acura RL has a setting for "auto trip meter reset." After you fill up the fuel tank, Trip A automatically resets to zero. Is this a rare feature?

• @schen72 said:
    My 2006 Acura RL has a setting for "auto trip meter reset." After you fill up the fuel tank, Trip A automatically resets to zero. Is this a rare feature?

My Acura TSX also has the auto reset after fill up. Can't be just an Acura thing.

• kcaikcai Posts: 15

@allthingshonda said:
    what if it fails? Is there a hand switch button to use as well?

• @kcai Yes there is; old fashioned switch just like the BMW.