Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back in the Shop - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited July 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageBack in the Shop - 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Our 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG is back in the shop.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Posts: 365

That's never good. I have no idea what would cause a squeal, a rough idle, and a CEL. Sounds like a belt, but that would be pretty easy to diagnose. Regardless, it isn't going to be cheap when it involves a V12.

• mdm08033mdm08033 Posts: 8

Everything logical tells me to stay away from one of these, but the idea of an inexpensive CL500 has me using cars.com's search engine every day.

• diigiidiigii Posts: 156

It consumes oil more than gas so it is obvious it is an internal problem. Could that squealing sounds you hear be the start of an expensive engine repair?

• darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606

What's the over/under on "Pick a reliable car to have as your daily driver: MB CL65 or Tesla S"?

• I'm guessing turbo failure since it happens on acceleration and the CEL is probably indicating that plus a misfire.

• What's up? I saw the pic of the Coil Pack. Is that similar to my Direct Ignition cartridge on my 1999 Saab? The DI was a $600 part on my Saab.