Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

07 GMC Envoy rear hatch window not locking

traysertrayser Posts: 5
edited August 2014 in GMC

Just bought this 07 Envoy and everything is still unfamiliar to me. I don't yet know if this is a problem, but I can't seem to get the window in the rear hatch to lock. (all other doors will lock).The hatch itself will lock with the remote, but the window won't. I shouldn't be able to press the button on the window. If I do press the button to open the window, the hatch will unlock. Is there a sequence to follow that will lock the window? Why bother locking all the other doors when someone can gain access from the unlocked window. I read the manual, but couldn't find anything on this. Any help appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Hmmm.....so somebody at the factory put a wave washer in upside down? How much of a job was this in terms of time?
  • Just being a diy'er, it took me about an hour. I imagine an experienced tech could do this fix in 15 minutes.