Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord Quality Control Issues

Comments

• kippikippi Member Posts: 16
    I'm very close to buying a 2005 LX 4cyl auto sedan (PZEV). I notice that the recent discussions here are about topics other than quality control on the Ohio-made cars. Can I take that to mean that their quality control is good? Anything that you can advise me on, particularly things to look for when choosing a new car, would be greatly appreciated. Also, if the new car starts to develop noises (body rattles or squeaks), will the dealer be willing or able to silence them?
  • ssean1968ssean1968 Member Posts: 2
    I own a Honda 98 accoord EX V6, and it's my 3rd Honda, and I've owned nothing but, for 17 years. I have always been a HUGE fan, as they are virtually flawless and trouble-free. IMO though, they have slipped a bit. Still much better than most makes out there these days, but it seems they aren't as flawless as they used to be. I've had a some electrical problems, and now I have a problem I may not be able to overcome, if I can't get it fixed. If anyone has experienced the following, and may know a solution, you comments would be much appreciated.

Here's the problem...

It will crank and start as flawlessly and quickly as you would expect out of a Honda, about 199 times out of 200. The 1 time it doesn't is the problem. You can hear it cranking strong and hard, but it just doesn't turn over. it's as if it doesn't have any gas (but it does, of course, and this is the 3rd or 4th tank since the last time, so it can't be a bad fuel). 3 weeks ago, I brought it in for it's 60,000 mile tune up, and the mechanic could not see anything wrong, and since he couldn't duplicate the problem, he had no way to troubleshoot it. Has anyone ever heard of this? Other than that, it runs and normally starts fine.

This is a real problem, as I am not good with fixing cars (that's why I buy Hondas ;-), and I REALLY don't want to get stuck somewhere. In the past it has started eventually, but I can also hear the battery getting drained while it's happening, and eventually, I sure I will get stuck somewhere. If I can't find the problem, I may have to sell it and but something else. How sad :-( And I was such a big fan!

Thanks all,
    Eric
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    ssean1968:

While I realize that you have "a real problem", since your vehicle is seven (7) model-years old with 60,000 miles on the odometer, I cannot agree that your one-out-of-two-hundred-times "cranking" problem as a design or manufacturing "flaw". It is probably just a typical maintenance issue.

Since you seem to be very satisfied otherwise, why would consider selling it without having a second (or third) mechanic check it out? You may want to have someone check the condition of the teeth on your flywheel. The symptom that you've described could be a result of one tooth being damaged. The vehicle might not start readily if that particular tooth was in a position where it should, but otherwise cannot, engage the gear on the starter motor.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Sean, i'm puzzled with your statement "You can hear it cranking strong and hard, but it just doesn't turn over" If you are hearing it cranking strong, then isn't it turning over??

Is the starter spinning, but not engaging with the flywheel? or is the engine turning over, but not starting?

Mrbill
  • cbakercbaker Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 Honda Accord V6 and had to get my transmission replaced at 54,000 miles. Now, I am at 85,000 and my transmission is starting to have the same problems again. The first time my tranmsission needed replacement, I received horrible customer service. After several phone calls, I finally ended paying for labor at a small cost of $1500 for a car that was only three years old at the time. Last year my alternator blew and I have had problems with the front rotors that had to be grinded down. Everytime I take my car to get serviced I take a deep breath and hope for the best but usually end up spending quite a bit of money. Before I go to Honda and deal with what I believe to be another transmission problem, I want to know if there are any recalls that are not publicized or if anyone has managed to get a new transmission from Honda after their warranty has expired? Oh, one word of advice, don't buy Honda and if you do get the extended warranty.
  • medmundmedmund Member Posts: 4
    I wonder if anyone has this problem or has knowledge of in. I have a 2004 Accord V-6 EX. Everything is fine except,,,, there is a small, "tinny"sound, vibration, coming from the driver, and sometime passenger side door. Sound comes from, apparently, inside the door, below the manual lock plunger. I can push hard there and make it stop but it comes back when I let up. Drives me crazy.
    I hate to take this kind of problem to a dealer, I'm old enough to remember the old bad times. Thanks
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    http://www.strategicvision.com/

the above link takes you to another independent quality rating. Lacrosse is under large cars and Camcord under mid but:

886 500 (large segment average 868)
    886 Maxima (large segment average 868)
    883 300 (large segment average 868)
    875 G6 (midsize segment average 852)
    874 LaCrosse (large segment average 868)
    853 Camry (midsize segment average 852)
    852 Accord (midsize segment average 852)

Now all the above cars were above or at average in their segment so they are not dogs but it does show how the domestics have this quality issue behind them on the new models. These are October/November bought vehicles so they are brand new models on the domestics and older models on the transplants. The domestics scores will only go up as they fix the early quality bugs.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    Looks like the G6 has a long way to go to get to average. Especially when you consider the much lower number that they produce.
    Since I (and presumably millions of others) have never read of "Strategic Vision" as a recognized authority on automotive quality, I read a bit about them and their philosophy on the website that you linked in post #3312. They appear to be a marketing-oriented organization interested in "social issues and trends". They compile data (in their own words) using "an individual's personal feelings and values--safety, security, trust, freedom, control, pride, self-esteem--are at the core of the buying decision and how people evaluate products and service after they have made those decisions".

They state "More than 40,793 buyers who bought 2005 models in October and November of 2004 supplied data. “We gather comprehensive data that reflects the breadth and depth of the ownership experience, including emotions. The information is used to calculate ‘Total Quality’ indices. These integrated relationships between attributes and emotions mirror how people respond to their new vehicle. Those product and performance characteristics that deliver more desired emotions more strongly impact the perception of Total Quality.”

This does not impress me personally as being the most reliable gauge of automotive quality beyond the initial six or fewer months used as the basis of their published numbers. I'd rather see owner reports about the quality of their vehicles after they've driven them for one or more years. That is the only way to determine longer term reliability, when the excitement and emotion about a new purchase has worn off somewhat.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I like to compare cars that have 100,000 miles and higher. Initial quality is one measurement but I think the long haul is much more important.

I think domestics have improved and that's a good thing. Only time will tell.

I've never heard of Strategic Vision either. Lots of opinions out there.
  • gee35coupegee35coupe Member Posts: 3,387
    I've heard of them and I've seen them mentioned in advertising before. They collect information more for manufacturers than for public consumption. Until recently I hadn't heard of Choicepoint. But we all just found out they may have sensitive data on ALL of us. Just because you havent heard of a data collection entity doesn't mean they aren't relavant.
    A lot of these "data collection entities" come and go. Some are better than others.

Everyone has an opinion.
    Let it be known that the top vehicle in Strategic Vision's 2004 top small car was the Saturn Ion. That speaks volumes about how useful their reports of the first few months of owner satisfaction may or may not be.
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    higher is better

JD power is being announced this week. Lets see what they report.
  • toygetrtoygetr Member Posts: 3
    Hmm, sounds suspiciously like the words of a......salesperson. Hey, the check engine light can be MANY things, it's there for a reason. When the check engine light illuminated on my 98 Accord, it turned out to be the catalytic converter, which Honda would like to sell for $800.00 ++ at the dealer......Personally, I would run away from a car with a check engine light on, too many vehicles out there for sale, why chance it if you don't REALLY know what's wrong. The transmission issues are REAL so just be aware and check it out. Don't let some salesperson try to make you feel like you need to blindly buy a car just because it's a "honda" or a "certified Honda", whatever that means. :lemon:
    To find the post you were replying to.

Guess what? I AM, among other things a (gasp) salesperson! Imagine that?

I also try to dispense accurate advise. Most of the time a check engine light is the result of a loose gas cap. You are correct, however, it can be many other things, some expensive to fix. If I recall, this was a CERTIFIED car. that means that whatever the problem was it would be fixed before delivery. It would also mean that car would come with a warranty so it really shouldn't have been an issue. Check engine lights can be pesky ESPECIALLY on european cars wher it seems, they are almost ALWAYS on for some reason.

And, yes, I wouldn't buy a used car with that light on until the problem was identified and fixed.

Lastly, the little "lemon" emotorcons are getting pretty much over used.
  • nwbearnwbear Member Posts: 20
    I was more than a bit sceptical about Strategic Vision's ratings, especially since they directly contradict more established and well known sources such as Consumer Reports. After spending some time looking at their web site, I found it very interesting that the car companies with some of the highest ratings also seemed to be some of Strategic Vision's biggest customers.

This isn't true across the board, but there is definitely a connection. It seems to me that they have engineered their research methods to produce certain results, and that the car companies pay them to be able to influence their methods.

A top rating from CR is worth millions in sales. Since CR's ratings are not for sale, why not find some ratings that can be bought? You might even call that strategic vision.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    >Lastly, the little "lemon" emotorcons are getting pretty much over used.

I turned off all emoticons. In preferences along left side of window, in message board settings ir a square to uncheck and they're gone. But the :smile that turns each one on does show in the messages when you read them.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• chirochiro Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am having the same exact problem as you on my car, 98 Honda Accord EX Coupe. It seems that you can hear it turning as if it wants to crank, but doesnt catch. :confuse: I've been told that it could be different things i.e.( distributor, ignitor, catalystic convertver, air filter , cheap gas or that I need a tune-up.) I got the tune up and air filter but that didnt fix the problem. Problem is the light doesnt stay on all the time for the machine at autozone or advance auto parts to read the signal. Tell what you had to do to get yours fixed. I dont have alot of money to keep trying to figure out if it "could be this" or "could be that."
  • korvsjapkorvsjap Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a Honda Accord EX-L (4cylinder) automatic.

I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to cars that I own. I tend to feel, hear and sense things that others wouldn't even consider or notice.

When i'm at stop with the A/C on, the car vibrates a bit, which is normal. However, when the compressor kicks in, the vibration increases a bit, which is normal. Then the compressor cuts off and that's when the car lurches. I tried depressing the brake harder, but it still does it but not as much. I don't see this as normal because who literally steps on their brakes at stop?

Anyone else having this problem? Am I being overly sensitive? Before, this is my first 4 clyinder in about 10 years. However, the previous 4 cylinders I've owned (hyundai sonata's) didn't have this type of problem.
  • ray15ray15 Member Posts: 2
    Does Honda document what "fixes" it has made since the 2003 Accord came out? The dealers , I think do a dis-service to Honda by saying "nothing has changed since 2003. I am sure if there was a bug in the original 2003 Honda has fixed it in subsequent years - am I right? For instance there was a automatic transmission problem in 2003 , would you think the 2005 doesn't have that same problem? I would like Honda to list the "bugs" that have been fixed since the first 2003 Accord.
    Also - doesn't it annoy you when a new car dealer down plays your 2003 Accord trade in and in the same breadth praises the same car in 2005. I want to trade my 2003 Accord EX L for a 2005 Accord EX L. But, the dealer insults my 2003 to validate giving me a mere 13, 500 for it against a new 2005.
    ray1kon@verizon.net
    >I would like Honda to list the "bugs" that

Honda won't even let you get the TSB information at AllData. Their info on the Hondas and Honda Acuras is blocked from the public.'

>the dealer insults my 2003 to validate

Are you going to continue to try to deal with this person? I'd be somewhere else..., fast.

ray15:

Honda surely is not unique in not providing the kind of "improvements, fixes, bugs, problems" list that you'd like to see. I believe that if you ask your question of ANY automobile, or airplane or golfcart, or tricycle, or cellphone, or... (you name the technology)... manufacturer on the planet, you'll get the same answer. That information is proprietary to the manufacturer, and shouldn't be expected to be provided to us common folk.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Just because a car is 2 years into model production, it doesn't mean that the car is better in the 3rd year, then it was in the first year. Manufactures constantly look for cost saving changes that are ongoing during production. They also rely on their suppliers to make reliable parts, but suppliers also look for cost saving changes as well. Some of the changes can decrease the reliability of a product.

It is not unusual to go to a dealer, ask for a replacement part, only to find that they need your cars date of manufacture or even your VIN number so they get the right revision part for your car.

Things constantly change, and not all changes are for the better.

Mrbill
    Your point is very good. But there were some problems that kept getting posted, like body popping noises on bending at driveways or brake rotors warping for some reason, that didn't keep showing up in 04.

• haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    "Honda surely is not unique in not providing the kind of "improvements, fixes, bugs, problems" list that you'd like to see. I believe that if you ask your question of ANY automobile, or airplane or golfcart, or tricycle, or cellphone, or... (you name the technology)... manufacturer on the planet, you'll get the same answer. That information is proprietary to the manufacturer, and shouldn't be expected to be provided to us common folk."

Sorry, that is simply not so, blane. Hyundai (validated by personal experience) and Toyota (indicated by several posts on Edmunds' Camry discussions) both allow online searches of their TSBs by the "common folk" public. Salient TSBs can be searched as easily by inputting a particular vehicle's VIN to save time. Hyundai's only requirements are that the user register an account (free) and have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed in order to access the information onscreen. Printouts are only a click away through Acrobat Reader. I doubt those two companies are alone in their enlightened policy. I know for a fact that all Hyundai current and past models' (U.S.) factory shop manuals are available for online persusal, too.
  • sero21sero21 Member Posts: 2
    Any news on this? I have the exact same problem and have gotten the same responses...fixed the catalystic converter, fixed the distributor....still have the problem. Car "turns" but doesn't "catch". Please share!!!! Thanks!
  • jrpripjrprip Member Posts: 1
    This problem is related to a certain fuel relay under steering column. Repair cost 160 bucks and fixed me right up. I went to 3 different garages and the third guy I went to immediately knew what the problem was and got the part. I got same thing though, timing chain, converter, etc.
  • westcrownswestcrowns Member Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Accord V6 EX with 6 speed manual transmission. This is probably the best car I have owned in 40 years of motoring on both sides of the atlantic with the following exception. The paint finish looks good but is very prone to chip particularly on th hood and front fenders. The paint finish is obviously too soft and not up to the quality of the past 4 GM vehicles which I have owned and driven under similar conditions. I am hoping that Honda will recognize this failure and agree to re spray my vehicle to a better specification. Have other members had similar experiences and how have Honda resolved their problems?
  • ezshift5ezshift5 Member Posts: 858
    ...I certainly agree with the initial portion of your second sentence. My '05 version of your vehicle is easily the best car I've ever driven. (Both sides of the Atlantic).

(I drove an old Ford as a GI stationed in Germany)....

..regret your paint situation. I'll burn some incense for you, hoping Honda will make your day (and respray!)

best, ez......... ;)
    Hope springs eternal (but accomplishes nothing).
  • avianfluavianflu Member Posts: 33
    Imidaol97-
    Here are the TBS for '05 Accord 4 cylinder:

Got them off Alldata.

Service Bulletins
    TSB Number & Issue Date TSB Title
    05-021 JUL 05 Suspension - Rear Stabilizer Link is Broken
    04-057 JUN 05 Body - Creak or Click Noise From A-Pillar Area
    03-036 JUN 05 Steering - Vehicle Pulls to The Right
    SN050600-011 JUN 05 A/C - Heater Blows Cold Air, A/C Blows Warm Air
    05-016 MAY 05 Restraints - Child Seat Anchor Locating Button Missing
    03-036 MAY 05 Alignment - Vehicle Pulls to the Right
    SN050503 MAY 05 A/T - Axle Seal Leakage
    SN050504 MAY 05 Engine - Crankshaft Stamping Location Changed
    SN050508 MAY 05 Exhaust System - Catalytic Converter Noise
    SN050515 MAY 05 Instrument Cluster - Rewriting ODO Data
    SN050509 MAY 05 Instruments - 'CHECK FUEL CAP' Message
    SN050506 MAY 05 Wind Noise - Simple Way To Replicate
    05-012 APR 05 Body - Moonroof Glass Weatherstrip is Damaged
    SN050407 APR 05 A/T - Do Not Remove Torque Converter From Mainshaft
    SN050413 APR 05 A/T - Scratches Around Shift Lock Release Slot
    SN050418 APR 05 Body - Plastic Body Clip Removal Tips
    SN050409 APR 05 Engine Controls - MAF Sensor Value Incorrect Reading
    SN050314 MAR 05 A/T - Fixing Banjo Bolt Leaks
    SN050312 MAR 05 Audio System - Muted Speakers
    SN050309 MAR 05 Audio System - Radio Volume Drops
    SN050315 MAR 05 Brakes - Rear Brake Disc Thickness Manual Revision
    SN050316 MAR 05 Engine Controls - Clearing DTC's
    SN050311 MAR 05 Windshield Wipers - Blade Care & Replacement
    03-007 FEB 05 Interior - Headliner Sagging In Rear
    SN050202 FEB 05 A/T - Avoiding Fluid Contamination
    SN050215 FEB 05 Audio System - Never Play CD's With Adhesive Labels
    SN050214 FEB 05 Body - Door Glass Weatherstrip Damage
    SN050206 FEB 05 Engine Controls - DTC P0172
    SN050210 FEB 05 Navigation System - Replacing Lost or Damaged DVD's
    01-023 JAN 05 Engine Controls - Updating ECM/PCM Software
    04-065 JAN 05 Homelink(R) System - Won't Learn Garage Door Opener Code
    SN050106 JAN 05 Audio System - Registering Replacement XM Recievers
    SN050107 JAN 05 Cruise Control - Unit Input Test Manual Revision
    SN050109 JAN 05 Engine - Oil Recommendation GF-4 Standard
    02-064 DEC 04 Navigation/Voice Recognition System - Operation
    SN041106 NOV 04 Audio - HVAC Subdisplay / Clock Has Wrong Time
    SN041107 NOV 04 Low Fuel Indicator Comes On At 1/4 Tank
    SN040703 JUL 04 A/C - Poor Cooling During Hard Acceleration
    SN030502 MAY 03 Clearing DTCs & Setting ECM/PCM With The HDS

To get a copy of any of these TBS, just call your local Honda service dept and they usually fax over a copy for free.
  • avianfluavianflu Member Posts: 33
    Westcrowns-
    Concur with your observation on the soft paint;
    with less than 3ooo miles on our '05LX, we have numerous dings on the hood and front fenders and painted bumper. As to getting Honda to do anything.. well that is a very remote possibility.

Another thing, about half the '05 Accord hoods and trunk lids on the dealers lot, were installed crooked. We saw a wider sheet metal gap on the driver's side than the pasenger's. You can quickly check this by putting together 3to4 credit cards and miking theses gaps. Interestingly some Mercedes fail this test as well.
    Never heard of this one before!
    You can check some on your lot pretty quickly to see if that's true, can't you?

Funny, I am with these cars every day and have been for over ten years.

Never once, ever, have I heard of this or had a customer mention it. Mus not be much of a "problem".

So, I could take a stack of credit cards...on one side, three cards fit, on the other side, I can jam FOUR cards in!! Oh, HORRORS!!

Funny what is a big concern to some people....
  • terry19terry19 Member Posts: 4
    My 05 Accord had a problem from the get go with steering wheel vibration after many visits between honda dealer and michelin dealer they found bad rim on the car. The rim got replaced and the tires were stress tests. However, I still now feel humming in the steering wheel especially when its very windy and over 100km/hour anyone knows of any similar problem, also what else could it be suspension? or other problem maybe it seems like honda having a quality control issue. :mad:

Thanks,
  • oldjoeoldjoe Member Posts: 132
    Gee that is funny. That was one thing I looked for when I boughyt my 05 back in June. The alignment I saw and on the car I purchased was perfect...a mark of a quality built Honda. Are you sure you were at a Honda store and not the Hyundai store where I would agree with you ... al Hyundais fail the test but almost no Toyotas or Hondas. .
  • bs3bs3 Member Posts: 1
    At 52,000 miles my Ex V6 had to have a power steering belt replaced at the dealer. On the return trip home the car quit and would not start. Will turnover or crank and it's getting fuel, but it will not start. Had it towed back to dealer that is now telling me that they feel that it is a "timing issue". Any chance anything they did when replacing the belt impacted this? Or has anyone else had similar problem with this car? Quoting a very high repair if it has "jumped" timing.
    A 2001 Honda V6 may be new enough to have direct ignition. If so, the problem might be something as simple as a failed camshaft or cranshaft position sensor. Don't panic until you actually have reason to. If the problem is a jumped cog on the valve timing belt, it can happen. They're typically recommended for changeout around 90,000 miles or more in normal service for Hondas*, but there's always the lame one that gets through Honda's and Honda's supplier's QC. This timing belt is not at all related to the power steering belt that you had replaced, so I doubt a failure, if it occured, was related to installation of the new PS belt.

*60,000 miles in "severe" service according to my '96 Accord's owner's manual - check your own owner's manual for your year Accord.
    The other side of the coin...there are many other car salesmen/mechanics contributing to the Honda forums making up failures that cannot possibly happen. It is hilarious to those of us that actually own Hondas and sometimes it gets to some of the actual Honda owners...take the Hyundai potshots taken at Honda lately...if they were so goo, they would sell...which they are not. Honda forums as well as Toyota forums put up with this subculture for many years...ho hum...the Yugo is out of business, but its salesmen and mechanics are still with us. Don't forget, Buyer's Remorse and just plain trouble-making are some people's "getting-it-off" on many forums...Honda is a choice target. many of the reported "severe" problems with Honda are mechanically, electrically or logically impossible. These people will always be with us, yelling for their 15 minutes of recognition...laugh at them and then sit back and relax, reading the "Real Story" of Honda and Toyota products.
  • infamous425infamous425 Member Posts: 2
    hello,

i have a 2002 accord coupe ex v6. Bought it new and never been in an accident. just yesterday the check engine light came on. I took it to my mechanic to get the code read. it said p1607 ECM/PCM Internal Circuit Failure.

Has anyone had this problem before? If so, what caused it and how much to get it replaced?

TIA
    You respond to a message 1.5 years old!!! Sheeesh.
    I checked after reading but it's not April 1.

I'm sure all those problems are made up from nonowners too. Same thing in the other discussions. Others just come in a aggitate about perfect cars with wonderful reputations and try to sully their reputations with false reports.
    LOLWROFL

• hopesuphopesup Member Posts: 1
    i just bought a new 2006 ex-4 leather .
    it rides like a jeep. that is jumping all over on every road crack and forget the bumps!
    i'm bringing it in to service and want to know what to expect.
    i was driving a toyota avalon and did not expect to drive a car that bounces on every crack in road.
    there must be something wrong in suspension, shocks, struts.
    anybody have this problem?
    from hopesup
    ..suspension differences when moving from Toyota to Honda..

..are rather obvious....

.the Toyota ride is quiet, well-cushioned and just peachy..

on the freeway/highway/street - - - in a strait line!

.Honda much firmer. communicating "road feel" big time - -really quite a difference. I can hear your chagrin.......

I went from a 2k Solara 5M to an '05 HA EX V-6 Coupe 6M...

...we be talking serious differences here............

On a more positive note - provided your dealer is as world class as mine in the northern California foothills - you can look forward to a nice chat with your favorite tech.
    I would recommend you keep in mind the Toyota-Honda suspension persona: they are in different universes.

...note we both have leather.....a first for me. But concur with you - - - the road feel does indeed pervade...

...Solara and I never bonded;not the case with the coupe.

all the best, ez
  • infamous425infamous425 Member Posts: 2
    just a update for my ECM/PCM failure. its covered under factory warranty for 8 yrs and 80k miles so honda will be replacing mine no charge. and they also have to reprogram the keys.

and to the person above complaining about a firm ride. driving a toyota is like riding on a boat. honda's do have a firmer ride but more sporty handling (though not sporty enough for me stockwise :D ). did you test drive before you bought it?
    Honda has traditionally emphasized handling over the equally traditional emphasis of ride comfort in Toyotas. I doubt this suggestion is likely to be the cause of your new car's uncomfortably stiff ride, but check your tire pressures. Car factories overinflate to about 40 lbs to avoid flatspotting the tires during shipping. If the dealership's detail team neglected to adjust the tire pressure downward to the owner's manual recommended amount, the ride characteristics would end up even additionally harsher.
  • jawwadjawwad Member Posts: 1
    I agree 100%. My accord 2005 had over inflated tires, about 37lb. and the drive was so rough. But after I noticed and reduced it to the recommended tire pressure (on doorjamb), it became very soft and normal driving. :)
    Removal of the lock on the passenger side is pretty standard in the industry...there used to be a bunch of complainers on a Ford Escape forum also (not Edmunds). It really is not a problem but a minor annoyance for some people. I doubt if Honda or anyone else is going to put the lock cylinder back in.
    ...pax side lock cyl excepted, the AV6 EX 6MT Coupe in my garage offers multiple engineering positives: transmission has triple-cone synchros on the first four; even has one on REVERSE.

..innovative design elements far beyond my former Solara SEV6 5MT are (IMHO) impressive. High beam actuation SUPPLEMENTS (vice supplanting) the low beams. A snappy little lite filters down upon the gearshift knob.

On a hot day you can lower the windows from afar........

Driving astutely (AKA: 2200RPM/6th) folks with an economy bent can durn near approach 600 miles on a tankful of 87...

...o ye of little faith....

..ez
This discussion has been closed.