Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End Sedans (under $16k)

Comments

• backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,911
    >>> I'd rather have a blast driving my car, than worry about a couple percentage points of resale value. <<<

Amen.
  • carleton1carleton1 Posts: 560
    Excellent reasons. The Annual Auto Show will give my wife and I an excellent opportunity to look at and sit in all the new cars. I was impressed with the seating comfort of the Protege seats during the last 2 annual auto shows.
  • >>> I'd rather have a blast driving my car, than worry about a couple percentage points of resale value. <<<

Double Amen.
    No, I don't know where he is but his total absence from these forums, including the ECHO forums, since Dec. 28 is puzzling. We can only hope he won a trip to Bali or someplace that does not have Web access. What is really weird is his last post, from Dec. 28:

"I am not Tpeng, but I am answering for him since he seems to have vanished into the night. I am not sure if Tony confirmed this, but I believe the dealership was the one you mention." [italics added]

Now is that a strange coincidence or what?
  • bri70bri70 Posts: 147
    With all this talk about resale value etc, I thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

I own a 2000 Elantra and just bought a 2001 Elantra GT. I test drove the Pro 5 (ride was too harsh)recently and test drove the Sentra and Corolla before purchasing the 2K Elantra.

For my taste, the Elantra GT is the best all-around small car out there. The heck with resale, the GT has the best combination of ride, features and price for its class. Power everything (except seats) leather seats (nice quality), ABS, moonroof, traction control, side airbags, alloy wheels, trip computer for under 15K.

And with the sports-tuned suspension one of the best rides of any car I have driven. My ex gf has a BMW 330xi. I *&^% you not, the GT's suspension compares well (ahem... as for acceleration, steering, etc. well it is an economy car.)

BTW, I couldn't even test drive the 2002 Sonata or Sante Fe. They were both sold out.
  • Goes into the "other" category. I think he threw his computer out the window after reading a certain somebody's post. Ironically the mystery person I am speaking of hasn't posted lately either!
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Manson, WAPosts: 7,243
    thom..........ground control to major thom! Echo-Toyota-Echo....what could be a finer economy car then Toyota's Echo? Tee-hee...just kidding! Just seeing if our friend Mr.major is paying any attention to us! Sure dig Kia's Spectra over Toyota's Echo!

2011 Kia Soul Sport 5-speed

• protegextwoprotegextwo Posts: 1,265
    1390 Questions for protegextwo: These are written as honest questions (and not to argue or provoke) by carleton1 Jan 12, 2002

Carleton, I'll answer your query asap. I have been very busy at work and I have not had a chance to give yoo a thoughtful response.:-)

-Larry
  • randyt2randyt2 Posts: 81
    My guess is that he is/was enjoying an extended holiday vacation. Either that or he tried that pretzel manuever.
    You don't think a KIA Spectra ate him and his ECHO in one big bite? Nonetheless, I do hope he is alright?

-Larry
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    He's downloaded a new game which has taken his attention. He's alright and will probably be back.
    C Stand, you didn't tell him we missed him?
  • Games can be addictive. Looks like that anonymous poster is back that I spoke of.
  • As Carleton told you, I have been busy playing a game that I got hooked on. Blame it on my roommate who downloaded it. It is called 5 Card Slingo for anyone who wonders.

Thanks for your concern over my whereabouts.

I know it will be over the $15,000 ceiling, but has anyone been following the Dodge SRT. It is basically a Dodge Neon with a turbocharged 2.4L engine. Dodge says it will be the second fastest Dodge in production. Second only to the Viper.
  • Today I entered the low end arena. I bought a 1996 Corolla DX with sunroof, 6 disc CD, ABS, wood grain trim, keyless entry alloy wheels, and power everything! I really like it. Here are some pictures.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=584227&uid=467343&members=1
  • csandstecsandste Posts: 1,866
    Personally I like that platform (especially the Prizm) much better than the present one. Maybe even better than the 03's-- we'll see.
  • spiritzspiritz Posts: 21
    Coolguy, please post your driving experience.
    Major, good to see you again.

-Spiritz-
  • My roommate's son has seen pictures of the 2003 Corolla and it left him drooling. Me thinks Toyota will have a hit on its hands.
  • I'll keep you all posted. I haven't driven it that much because I don't have insurance on it yet. Although I did drive it around the subdivision a little. Today I'm going to clean out the already clean interior. It's no Sequoia like I have been driving, but for what it is, a mid 90s compact sedan, its good! I love the visibility in it. I won't be so afraid of changing lanes and backing up now. The rear window is very expansive. The only quirks it has right now are the trunk and sunroof. The sunroof was added after production so the motor of the sunroof just be warm for it to let the sunroof close. The trunk sometimes won't open with the key. That just might be a winter thing though. The thing I like about the 96-97 models is that the tail lights have that clean look to them. Even the 2000 Corolla's tail light has that dusty dull look. The 96 has that very shiny and clean look.