Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Residual value for a Mercedes C63 AMG

raminnoodleraminnoodle Member Posts: 9
edited August 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Does anyone know the Residual value for a 2012 c63 amg p31 package 36/15 or 48/15?

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Hi - are you getting ready to LEASE a used vehicle? Most leases are on new vehicles, so this question is a bit confusing. If you could provide more information on what you're thinking about doing, that would be helpful.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• raminnoodleraminnoodle Member Posts: 9

That is correct I am attempting to lease a used vehicle.

MSRP: 53,800
    Term: 36/15
    Mf: .0014
    Im just missing the residual value.

I guess my initial question is. How does one get used car residual values?

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

Hm... well, wait for one of our leasing experts to answer, but I'm guessing there is no standard residual like there is on new vehicles. I'm looking forward to the answer as well, as it will be educational for me.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Me too - @raminnoodle, any idea if this is a Mercedes backed lessor or is it a third party lessor?

We have enough trouble getting the manufacturer leasing information, much less the third party ones.

Its third party. Where do dealers get residues? From my research ALG has them but I do not want to pay $400 to check residues of a car I would like to purchase. I just want to make sure the residue the dealer is giving me is accurate and he is not under valuing it to make me pay more.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,584

Most banks get their used residuals from ALG, though Mercedes Finance may use their own. This isn't a path that I would even start down. The chances of a 2-yr old used car being cost-effective to lease are about 1%, even for a 1%-er...

Either way, we don't collect information on used car residuals. Too many variables.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator