Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota. Replaced the computer and it still won't turn over with the key.

mandyspet124mandyspet124 Member Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Dodge

hey guy i have a 2002 dakota replaced the computer and it still want turn over with the key,no lights come on when i turn the key to the on positon ever thing else works checked the fuse no power to the starter fuse inside the truck can soneone please help.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Have you checked the neutral safety switch on the transmission (for automatic), or the clutch safety switch (manual transmission). Are there are security warning lights showing?

I presume since the vehicle doesn't start, even briefly, that this isn't a security system issue.

Has anyone done a computer scan? What prompted you to want to replace the PCM?

• mandyspet124mandyspet124 Member Posts: 3

IT a manual and I have checked clutch safety switch it seem to work .when I turn the key to on no lights come on the dash, it want do anything in crank pos,computer smoked that's why I replaced it , scan shows no codes , in the fuse box in side the fuse marked engine relay #10 has no power and the one marked starter #12 has no power. i bought the truck not running so just trying to get it started . got me stumped