Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a 2002 Dodge Dakota. Replaced the computer and it still won't turn over with the key.

mandyspet124mandyspet124 Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Dodge

hey guy i have a 2002 dakota replaced the computer and it still want turn over with the key,no lights come on when i turn the key to the on positon ever thing else works checked the fuse no power to the starter fuse inside the truck can soneone please help.

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490

Have you checked the neutral safety switch on the transmission (for automatic), or the clutch safety switch (manual transmission). Are there are security warning lights showing?

I presume since the vehicle doesn't start, even briefly, that this isn't a security system issue.

Has anyone done a computer scan? What prompted you to want to replace the PCM?

• IT a manual and I have checked clutch safety switch it seem to work .when I turn the key to on no lights come on the dash, it want do anything in crank pos,computer smoked that's why I replaced it , scan shows no codes , in the fuse box in side the fuse marked engine relay #10 has no power and the one marked starter #12 has no power. i bought the truck not running so just trying to get it started . got me stumped