Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently own a 2019 or newer RAM pickup? A reporter would like to speak with you. Please reach out to [email protected] by 1/27 for more info.

Buick Encore engine upgrade - More power?

rbrooks802rbrooks802 Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in Buick

Thinking about buying this but wanted to know if there is a way to upgrade the engine. Larger intercooler? CAI?

Best Answers

Answers

• Google Trifecta Tune
  • Trifecta Tune only works with Cadillac.
  • Thanks for the info. I thought this would or could be easy but it looks like the design of the engine isn't built for simple and easy.
  • I'm just a normal guy who likes the way the Encore looks but wants a little more power. What you are talking about would end up costing as much as the car itself.
  • rbrooks802rbrooks802 Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    Thanks
  • No, I haven't driven one yet but with 138 hp and 10 seconds to get from 0-60, I think this vehicle will be a nightmare to get up to highway speed. With all the 4-cycle engines on the market, to use one with that little hp in a vehicle that weights 3800 pounds, is not a good match.
  • suydamsuydam Posts: 4,677
    edited April 2015
    With the turbo its a breeze to get up to highway speed. No problems at all. It also weighs less than 3800 pounds. I think FWD is around 3100 lb. Again, try driving it.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere