Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• misterepmisterep Member Posts: 52
    Car_man ,

Thank you for all you do to save us from the dreaded card dealers.

I have been shopping for four weeks...although not every week and have come to the following deal. I am eligible for GM employee pricing.

2006 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD

MRSP: $37,840

Negotiated price $34,340

Rebates and Cash back total $6,000
    (thisis 3,500 rebate + 1,000 employee bonus cash + new 1,500 bonus cash)

I am also planning to put $2,000 down into the deal

I want to lease for 36 months at 12.000 miles per year

I live in Indiana and pay the 6% sales tax on the amount of the vehicle used.

What should I be paying? My calculations tell me $220 per month using 5% money rate.

Also....this is a very simple lease guide calculator I found. Hope it helps you and your readers.

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Thanks in advance...
    Sure is lonely out here lately. Nobody must be shopping these days....doesn't bode well for GM.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    No problem Ian. I'm glad that I was able to help you out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're right, dgruenberg. I always work up zero down leases for community members because it is in their best interest not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. You were smart to double check the lease payment that you were quoted, otherwise you would have ended up paying a lot more than you should have for this truck because the dealer "forgot" to give you a discount on it. Enjoy your new truck :).

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi teamdry. I personally feel as though it is in your best interest to roll the sales tax for your leased vehicle into your monthly payment. By doing so, you only have to pay 4.9% interest on it and you eliminate the risk of losing the tax that you paid if your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome oakridge067. You definitely don't do much driving. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy SLE with an MSRP of $31,185 and a selling price of $29,493.57 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $398. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be $382.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome, misterep. You don't have anything to fear if you are eligible for General Motors' Employee Purchase Program. You are going to get a good deal on the truck that you want without having to haggle. Unfortunately, the cash incentives that you mentioned in your post are not compatible with GMAC's special lease program. If you want to lease this truck through GMAC, the only one that you can take advantage off is the $1,000 employee bonus cash. I will work up a lease on this truck based upon a capitalized cost of $33,340, which is the selling price that you were quoted minus the $1,000 bonus. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 GMC Envoy Denali with an MSRP of $37,840 and a capitalized cost of $33,340 through GMAC right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $410.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • yingxiongyingxiong Member Posts: 12
    Anyone know what the lease cash/incentives are right now (25 SEP 2006) in the Northeast - Connecticut - for the 2006 GMC Envoy Denali? I'm sure the $4k cash isn't included.....

Thanks in advance!
  • sherm4sherm4 Member Posts: 1
    Went to GMC dealer last night. Negotiated a deal, just waiting to hear back from their financing guy. Please let me know if I did ok, or if I am way off. Got an 2006 Envoy XL SLE w/ leather seats. Price is $31,200 with nothing due at signing (taxes/title wrapped in to loan) Dealer told me I had to choose between $4000 rebate or 5.9% financing. I chose the 5.9% financing. (monthly payments for 72 months at $536) Please let me know if you need any other info to help me determine if I have a good or bad deal here. Thanx!
    (Detroit) - APU: GM executives were devastated Tuesday to learn of plummeting sales of their popular SUV - Envoy. 'These figures indicate a radical change in the go-to-market strategy is needed' said an unnamed exec, 'Apparently we had inflated the residual value in our leases to prop up sales in the previous quarter.'

I think 'go-to-market strategy' is code for massive rebates.
    Hi yingxiong. Unfortunately, General Motors is no longer providing lease support on 2006 models. If you want to lease an Envoy right now, you really have to go with a 2007 model. Do you want me to tell you what its lease program is like?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    I had inquired about an 06 Envoy Denali...
    The 2006 models are awful!!! I did do a 2007 lease for you, It is an slt with navigation loaded msrp is 39,700 I am quoting lease payment for a 24@12> with 2,000.00 down GMS (24@12> taxes included are 328.02) for a (36@12> taxes included are 344.14) This is better than what I can do for any Envoy 2006 model. and it is current year.
  • cbrun13cbrun13 Member Posts: 3
    I hope he meant the price offered?! If he meant the quality of the car or features then he is ripping on the 07 as well since they barely changed anything....

SLT with navigation is not a Denaly but a lower version.

What rates is he offering you on a 07 Denaly with navigation? I have an 06 Denaly and I am very happy with it. I had turned in an 04 Envoy to get the Denaly...The Denaly rides a lot better, feels much more responsive on the accel., is quieter, and the Bose sound system is phenomenal. I feel its really a different car. The wheels and other small outside changes are just icing on the cake.

I lease my Denaly 06
    27 months,
    0 down
    Navigation
    470/month
    4.9% rate
    GM Employee discount.
  • mwintersmwinters Member Posts: 2
    i am in the northeast as well and am interested in leasing a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali 4WD... do you know the most attractive base money factor and residual % are for verious lease lengths? 36, 39, or 48? I am being told 6.9% and 51% for 48 months. Thanks.
    Hello mwinters. GMAC's current base lease rate for the 2007 GMC Envoy is 5.9%. Make sure that the dealer that you are working with uses this rate to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mwintersmwinters Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Car_man... what is the base residual % for 48 mth term? also, is there a more attractive lease term than 48 mths as it relates to the base residual % and lease rate?
  • creasy1creasy1 Member Posts: 3
    I apologize if i am posting this in the wrong place. Today i looked at 2006 envoy xl that was fully loaded. I talked the salesman down to $30,968. When i asked him to run the lease numbers, his finance guy quoted me a residual value of 38%. The msrp on the car was $36,800 and the total residual value came to $13,984. The lease was a 3 year lease for 36,000 miles. In the end he gave me monthly payments of 674.69 (with nothing down). My questions is, how can this residual value be even close to correct? Confirm for me that this guy was trying to rip me off? and can someone help me with what the correct residual value is?
    it was a 4wd 2006 Envoy XL.
    Thank you in advance for any feedback.
  • knackllknackll Member Posts: 21
    Car Man,
    I'm thinking about leasing a new 2007 Envoy Denali w/MSRP of 40240. Do you know what the current incentives are on the vehicle and what kind of reasonabe cap cost I can expect from a dealer today (assuming the $40240 msrp)? Could you also be so kind as to provide me with the lease rate which I'm thinking to be 4.9% and the residual value on a 36mnth 12K (60%) & 15K (58%) lease. The numbers I come up with using a cap cost of $35240 = $429.00 mnth pretax (36mnth 12k 60% resid). Is this acceptable or am I far off.
    Thanks in advance!!
    knackll
  • threaderthreader Member Posts: 1
    Must be true that GMC are desperate for Sales.

I just bought a new 2006 Envoy SLT for $10550 off MSRP.

Was $4000 + $4000 GMC Discounts(Double red Tags??) and $2550 off Dealer Sale.

Wow even if the resale value sucks a fully loaded SLT for $24282 out the door is the bargain (tax +tags included)

Was an Ad car in Southern California.
    Can Anyone help confirm the details? - I'm thinking about leasing a new 2007 Envoy Denali w/MSRP of 38160. Do you know what the current incentives are on the vehicle and what kind of reasonabe cap cost I can expect from a dealer today (assuming the $38160 MSRP)? Could you also be so kind as to provide me with the lease rate which I'm thinking to be 5.9% and the residual value on a 36mnth 12K (60%) & 15K (58%) lease. The numbers I come up with using a cap cost of $35240 = $429.00 mnth pretax (36mnth 12k 60% resid). Is this acceptable or am I far off.
    Thanks in advance!!
    knackll
    knackll, my simple calculations assume the following.

38160 - MRSP
    negotiated price -35240
    rebate - 2000
    net cap cost after rebate - 33240
    36/12K lease and 60% residual with 5.9%money rate
    pretax payment of about 425/month
    misterep-I was quoted by the dealer the other day a 58% residual on 36/12 lease with a 8% rate on this Denaili Envoy. I never have seen such a high rate. I live in the Cleveland Oh. area. They tell me it's the only rate GMAC has out right now and can not do better. Do you think I'm expecting too much of a cap cost reduction of $4500 before rebates & incentive?
    Thanks again!!
    knackll
    knackll,

The GMS price on that vehicle is about 34600 or about 3600 off mrsp so the 4500 is a bit aggressive at this point. GMs is the price GM employees pay and is considered a good deal. My two cents....
    No problem, mwinters. GM's lease program on the 2007 GMC Envoy is not very attractive right now, regardless of what term one goes with. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 7.75% and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello creasy1. Wow, you were quoted a residual value of 38% on this truck. I thought that the 2007 Envoy's lease program was bad. Yikes. I don't believe that GMAC is offering leases on 2006 models any longer, so the lease that you were quoted must be through an independent bank. With such a low residual value, you would probably be better off financing or paying cash for the '06 Envoy that you're interested in. If you really want to lease, you probably would be better off going with an '07 model. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease with 12,000 miles per year are 7.75% and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi knackll. GM's lease cash incentives for the 2007 GMC Envoy vary by region. If you tell me what state you are in I would be happy to tell you what cash incentives are available on this model in your area. As far as how much you should pay for this truck goes, I suspect that you should be able to get one for a couple hundred dollars over invoice minus any available incentives. For additional feedback on how much you should pay, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "Chevy Trailblazer/GMC Envoy/Olds Bravada: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Unfortunately, this truck's current lease program is much worse than you were expecting. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali with 15,000 miles per year are 7.75% and 55%, respectively. Its 12,000 mile per year residual value for this term is 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • klanger83klanger83 Member Posts: 12
    What would one expect to pay for a base model 4x4 envoy, employee price, 36 mo, 15k miles? Are the residuals 55% on these too or just the Denali?
    Greetings klanger83. I would be happy to give you an idea of what sort of lease payment to expect to pay on this truck right now. In order for me to do so I need you to provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact model that you want. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • theericharris1theericharris1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi gang,

I am looking for the best possible 36 month lease on a SUV. I see there is a $4750 cash rebate on all 2006 Envoys.

Is GM still leasing 2006 models? There is a decent number of these cars on the lots and I'm hoping I could get a good lease deal. Our main issue is we are $4,000 upside down on a tradein, so most of the rebate will go towards the payoff.

Could someone give me the current residual and factor for a 2wd Envoy SLE MSRP $29,780? Looking for 36 months/12k miles.

Is there a website with every every manufacture's lease figures? Just so frustrating going to the car dealership, since they never fork over this information :(
  • emcgemcg Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2003 envoy xl lease 4yr deal looking to get out early and lease a2006 envoy xl for 3yr 15000mi whats my options long island
  • lisa765lisa765 Member Posts: 8
    Car_man,

(Note I am also posting this on the Chevy Trailblazer forum / Since they are essentially the same I wanted to make sure one doesn't have better terms than the other)

Thanks for answering my Impala question yesterday. I am also considering a GMC Envoy lease and am hoping you can help me with the "key numbers" so I am prepared at the dealer.

2007 2WD Envoy (from your previous posts it doesn't look like SLE vs. SLT matters)
    36 month lease / 10k miles per year
    I live in Indiana if that matters (zipcode 46902)
    I also have a current GMAC lease that I will be turning in

Can you help me with the following:
    Residual value?
    Base lease rate?
    Cap reduction, bonus, or other lease cash offers?

Also, if I did 39 months instead would that drop the residual?

Thanks for your assistance on these forums!
    Lisa

(Sorry for the GMC & Chevy duplicate posts. I didn't want to assume that all the terms were the same. This info is so helpful in getting the best possible price and much appreciated.)
    Hi theericharris1. Unfortunately, General Motors is not offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find out that will lease a 2006 model at this point. You would be better off waiting until you are less upside down on your new vehicle to get something new, but if you really want to get a new truck right now, you will be much better off going with a 2007 model. I am not aware of any web sites that provide accurate information on manufacturers' current lease programs to the general public. I can give you an idea of what GM's lease program for the 2007 Envoy is like right now though. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy 2WD with 12,000 miles per year are 6.35% and 58%, respectively. GM is providing lease cash on this truck in certain areas. If you tell me what state you are in, I can tell you if it has any cash incentives on leases of this truck in your neck of the woods.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi emcg. Unfortunately, General Motors is not offering leases on 2006 models any longer. If you want to lease one, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can even find out that will lease a 2006 model at this point. You actually would probably be better off waiting until you are right around the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle. Consumers usually have to pay money out of their own pocket or roll negative equity into their next loan or lease to get out of their leased vehicles early.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey Lisa. I believe that the 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer's and the 2007 GMC Envoy's current lease programs are identical, which makes sense given the fact that they are basically the same vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • loub2bloub2b Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man
    The base lease rate and residual changed last week and I wanted to confirm with you the changes. 8.1% lease rate and 58% residual. Live in Ohio. Checking lease rebates with you also. Going from a 2004 Envoy SLT to a 2007 Envoy Denali.
    Thanks...
  • frrussrefrrussre Member Posts: 41
    Hi, car_man I am ending a Ford Explorer lease, looking at 2007 Envoy SLT 4SA loaded South Florida, 36 month lease 12k per yr, Residual & int/lease rate would be helpful, thanks for any help.
    Reg. Frank R.
    Hi loub2b. An 8.1% lease rate? That's way too high. GMAC's current base lease rate for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy is only 6.35%. Its 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value is 55%. In your state, Ohio, in February General Motors is providing $1,750 lease cash on 36 month leases of the '07 GMC Envoy plus $1,000 bonus cash. Make sure to take these cash incentives into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi Frank. Here's the information that you're looking for. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 12,000 miles per year are 6.35% and 58%, respectively. General Motors is providing $500 bonus cash on this truck in Florida in February. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Car_man,thanks for the info.
    Reg. Frank R.
  • loub2bloub2b Member Posts: 5
    Thanks car_man, turns out I took advantage of 0.5% 60 month gmac financing plus $1,000 rebate, invoice, and multiple additional rebate deals going on in February. I went with a loaded Envoy Denali and my wife is thrilled. Compared to the 02 and 04 Envoy SLT's we have had, GMC designed some nice touchs with the 07 Denali. We had the air suspension in the 02 SLT, but it didn't even come close to the air suspension ride standard on the Denali.
  • jd000jd000 Member Posts: 10
    A deal like this wasn't available when I bought my '03 SLT. But does explain why I am having difficulty getting $15000 even if I throw in the GM Zero Deductible warranty with 45000 miles left on it. Yes, it only has 27,000 miles on it and it is garaged 90% of the time.

Great vehicle! It just doesn't satisfy my needs anymore.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Unfortunately the Trailblazer/Envoy depreciate about 13-14k from MsRP 1st year, so you really want about 10-11k off (all the rebates and any hidden cash) for a decent deal.

--jjf

A deal like this wasn't available when I bought my '03 SLT. But does explain why I am having difficulty getting $15000 even if I throw in the GM Zero Deductible warranty with 45000 miles left on it. Yes, it only has 27,000 miles on it and it is garaged 90% of the time.

Great vehicle! It just doesn't satisfy my needs anymore.
    Hi car_man,leased 6 vehicles in NYC, really easy compared to Sth Florida. I show others how to lease,not this time.
    2007 Envoy 4x4 SLT 4sa(Tuff find in FL)+ few options. Sticker $36k, negotiated down to $31,500 (Could do a little better). Then I change my mind ask for 36 mth lease @12k miles per yr, $2000 down + all tax's tags + bank fee,
    upfront.
    Quotes: $623 mo. $556 mo. Another dealer, $540 mo, got it down to $456 mo.
    Problem is, they want to revert to MSRP, with smaller discount, obviously much higher Cap cost.
    Gave up came home for now.
    Reg. Frank R.
    You're very welcome, Frank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    It sounds like you got a very good deal. Enjoy your new truck!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Folks must be shopping elsewhere....
  • vgupta_98vgupta_98 Member Posts: 12
    Dear Car_Man- Can you provide me the latest info on the Envoy SLT lease programs? I'm in San Diego...

1) Lease rates & residuals for 10/12/15K, 24,36,39, 48mo.
    2) Applicable incentives, rebates, and factory to dealer (unpublished) incentives.

Thank you in advance...

Vinay
  • gbarnes2gbarnes2 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Car_Man- Can you provide me the latest info on the Envoy Denali lease programs? I'm in San Diego...

1) Lease rates & residuals for 12/15K, 24,36,39,48mo.
    2) Applicable incentives, rebates, and factory to dealer (unpublished) incentives.

Thank you in advance...

Greg
  • jeimyj8171jeimyj8171 Member Posts: 1
    HELP CARMAN...I have a 2002 grandjeep cherokee laredo and I want to trade it in to lease a 2007 GMC Envoy. what would be the best way to go about that and approximatley how much the payments be a month???
    Here's the information that you're looking for, Vinay. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 GMC Envoy with 15,000 miles per year are 6.65% and 64%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 6.65% and 55%. The 48 month numbers are 6.65% and 48%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, the 24 month residual value would 1% higher and the 36 / 48 month residuals would be 3% higher. The 10k residual values are 3% and 5% higher than the 15k resids. I am not aware of any cash incentives that are available on leases of this truck in your area right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.