Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Volvo 960 problems

haileyboohaileyboo Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Volvo
Help. I have '96 960 wagon. Have always had maintenance hassels. I really like the car, but am thinking of trading in SOON. In addition to usual things like battery, brakes, timing belt & tires, in the last year I've replaced central locking system relay, A/C compressor, dual feed vacuum element in dash for a/c( and they tell me more to come), and radiator. I have a leaking rear shock and another wierd problem. About twice a week when I start the car--it won't go into gear and the windows won't roll down. Turn key off, turn back on and it all works. It also seems like the transmission is acting strange but I might be getting paranoid. Am I in for spending big bucks from here on out? Has anyone had this failure to go into gear problem and if so, what did it cost to fix?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,473
    Honestly I think the 960 is a troublesome car, especially in 95-96, and you should dump it as soon as it is working properly.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• apd1apd1 Posts: 1
    I have a late 97 S90 (re-badged 960) that today started flashing the orange arrow on the dash - which the manual tells me is a potential transmission problem. Car drives ok, any ideas what is up? It looks serious.....

A.
  • lancerfixerlancerfixer Posts: 1,308
    I'd take it to the dealer or an independent mechanic and have them read the diagnostic code. If it drives fine but the light's flashing, that's really not a whole lot of information to go on. You might get more luck with your question at http://www.brickboard.com which sort of a Volvo-specific Edmund's.
This discussion has been closed.