Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Nissan Sentra Rear Left Tire Squeaking Sound

dkaraledkarale Posts: 3
edited April 2014 in Nissan
I have a 94' Nissan Sentra. The problem for this car is when I drive between 1-25mph, the rear left tire makes squeaking sound like a mouse. When drive above 25mph, the sound seem to be miniumize or gone. The sound is very annoying. Does anybody know what might be the problem? I think there might be a metal bended or something. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    Have your brake pads checked would be my first guess...does the noise go away the instant the brakes are very lightly applied?
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Posts: 2,228
    I would check the rear brake linings and also the rear wheel bearing (or hub whichever it has). One of these two things are most likely your problem.
  • dkaraledkarale Posts: 3
    I have all four brake pads inspected during the my car's inspection a week ago, they are all good. I guess there's one thing that could cause the noise is the wheel bearing. Doesn't anyone have other sugguestions that I should look into for this problem? Thanks for the advise guys!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    I wasn't thinking the pads exactly, but the clips that hold them...they can touch the rotor. Same with drum brakes, the shoes or some part of the e-brake can make contact. So I'd look for marks on the hub or rotor.

Also, this car can be run on a lift and the noise better located.

Bearings usually don't squeek, but I guess they could.
This discussion has been closed.