Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Chrysler Cirrus Engine Cutout

akitambakitamb Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Hello - I have a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus LXI. I have experienced a serious problem with the car about three times now. While I am driving along the road, the engine just dies - the guages freeze, and I loose power steering and brakes. I have to pull over to the side of the road, and then try to restart the car. If I try to start it up right after it stalls, it will not, I have to wait about five minutes. I've brought it to the dealer, and it is there again right now, but I am loosing faith in their ability to solve the problem. The first time this happened, I got a message "no bus" on my information panel right above the gear selector display. This is a serious problem, because if this car were to just cut out on the highway, who knows what could happen. Any ideas are appreciated... thanks very much.

Comments

• pjyoungpjyoung Posts: 885
    With a 1973 Plymouth. They had to replace the ignition wires. They would heat up, everything would quit...engine, electrical, everything. I had to wait about 5 minutes to restart. Trying it earlier than that and the engine wouldn't even crank. They replaced those and everything worked fine. I know that's 30 years ago, but it's worth asking about.
  • zueslewiszueslewis Posts: 2,353
    and we ran into this problem on several Cirrus/Breeze/Stratus models. On most cars, we found a bad ground at either the ECM, PCM or fusebox. I don't know whether it was the lightning speed with which these cars were constructed, or the ability for ground screws/bolts to back off, but they died while driving, surer that s---. (Texas phrase)
This discussion has been closed.