Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Hyundai Sonata Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    Extended warranties are nothing more than a form of legalized gambling - and they're a sucker bet at that. The car owner is betting something expensive will tank. The manufacturer and take-yer-money-ship are betting your money it won't. Can you guess by now who usually wins? (Hint, the manufacturers have the inside dope from the oddsmakers - their respective engineering departments...) The take-yer-money-ships love selling these policies - fully half the upfront cost goes right into their pockets unless you negotiate. When I bought my '03 Sonata GL V6, I got the $1,100.00 song and dance, too. I wasn't interested. By the time the new car sales manager realized I wasn't gonna budge at any price, he'd already dropped the policy price to just under $600.00. I used that "saved" $1,100.00 to upgrade my base model's "mouse fur" upholstery to replacement leather seat covers several months later. My take-yer-money-ship's service managger initially quoted me $1,700.00. We negotiated. You may yet have the opportunity to beat the odds with your policy. But, if not, consider the matter a precious learning experience degree from everybody's ultimate Alma Mater: the Universal College of Hard Knocks.
  • Options
    id10tid10t Member Posts: 5
    My sales rep warned me about a widspread complaint from 06 Sonata owners re CEL and he told me the most common cause they have seen is new owners topping off the fuel tank with too much gas. Apparently the Sonata is more sensitive to this than the American cars I have owned. When I asked how to clear the fault he said the dealer would clear it one time and after that they would bill me for getting the CEL to turm off. So I have been very careful not to continue pumping much after the auto shut off from the gas pump. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    I read many positive remarks about the new 06 prior to my purchase. Since my purchase I have been quite disappointed with this car.
    1. Tranny fishing is annoying
    2. Clock spring in the steering wheel had to be replaced because the steering sounded like a loose marble rolling around underneath the air bag.
    3. Solenoid in the tranny shifting mechanism clicked anytime the car was stationary and the brake pedal was depressed. Replaced.
    4. The radio picks up electrical noise anytime the brake is applied. New radio on the way.
    5. Air conditioner compressor activates unpredictably.
    6. HomeLink garage door opener does not have a backlight to make it easier to find the correct button at night.
    7. Suspension is quite noisy (thump sounds) when driving over streets unless they are very smooth surfaces.
    8. Fabric lining in the trunk is too thin to adequately suppress road noise from rear wheels.
    9. One large speaker (instead of two evenly spaced) on the rear windshield deck and it is off center to the driver's side.
    10. Less than advertized fuel economy.
    11. From my experience the 06 is not ready for prime time in spite of the hype out there.
    12. Like many other manufacturers the are engaged in what I call 'almost in time parts deliver'. None of the parts replaced/ordered thus far was stocked at my dealership.
    13. When incoming air is blowing through the filter the stupid pollution sensor is constantly switching from inside recirculate mode to outside air mode.
  • Options
    hsonata06hsonata06 Member Posts: 4
    I recently purchased the '06 Sonata LX, and I am experiencing the same rattle/rumble thumping noise in the rear passenger hub area!!!!

The service department said everything was working to Hyundai specs (they had a "Hyundai engineer" test drive it with me and he said it was normal road noise - baloney), and the general manager said he is trying to get Hyundai to address the issue, but to no avail.

It occurs on bumps and dips usually below 30 mph. It is especially loud under 5 mph when you go over a bump or dip.

There is also a constant droning/resonating hum noise when the car hits about 30 mph and higher, which is most noticeable on concrete.
    :lemon:
  • Options
    metronuimetronui Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. Just bought a 2006 Sonata LX. I guess the solution is to never fill it up, or as someone else suggested, turn the radio louder. Frankly, it's pretty annoying.

Also, I just noticed that I hear a 'click' when the automatic transmission makes its first shift. This only happens after the car has been started and makes its initial shift. After the initial shift, I don't get the noise any more, whether stopping at a traffic light, stop sign, etc. Almost sounds as if some kind of cable or arm associated with the the automatic transmission is passing by some obstruction and once beyond does not retract back to the obstruction point until the car has been left to rest for any period of time.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I take it back to the dealer to check out? Sounds like such a nit, but having just shelled out $20k, not something I really want to hear in a new car.
  • Options
    w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    id10t wrote: "9. One large speaker (instead of two evenly spaced) on the rear windshield deck and it is off center to the driver's side."

This speaker is not a wide range speaker, as are the two rear speakers located in the lower trim area of the rear doors. Rather, the speaker located on the rear deck is a sub-woofer.

I'm not exactly sure why Hyundai chose to mount the rear speakers in the rear doors, but perhaps they had no other place to mount the sub-woofer for the premium audio system other than the rear deck. This is one item of the Sonata's design that I'm not too crazy about either. For proper dispersion, and enhanced bass response, the two rear speakers should have been mounted on the rear deck as they are in the Elantra.

Re. "12. Like many other manufacturers the are engaged in what I call 'almost in time parts deliver'. None of the parts replaced/ordered thus far was stocked at my dealership."

Register for access to Hyundai's online parts ordering system, and order your parts directly for delivery at your dealership. This eliminates the entire dealer interface, with the exception the parts are shipped to the dealer for pick-up. You don't even have to pay for them at the dealer, as the website accepts credit card payments.
  • Options
    "There is also a constant droning/resonating hum noise when the car hits about 30 mph and higher, which is most noticeable on concrete."

The blame rests squarely with the standard equipment Michelin "ENERGY MXV4+" tires. The tread is compounded to maximize fuel economy and tire life, but this entry-level Michelin line also exhibits more rolling noise and poorer wet weather traction than most other brands. Additionally, Hyundai's minimal noise suppression efforts with the new generation Sonatas don't help matters.
  • Options
    cxccxc Member Posts: 122
    I have a 2006 Sonata LX with about 5000 miles. I have not experienced the degree of problems you described here. I am interested in two of your problems - "1. Tranny fishing" and "5. Air conditioner compressor activates unpredictably". My 06 LX transmission is silky-smooth during up hill, down hill, or picking-up speed;I can not even tell when the compressor activates. My Accord does "tranny fishing" a lot while my Odyssey makes noticeable noise when the compressor engages. Could you tell me how to reproduce the above two of your observations?
  • Options
    pruoffpruoff Member Posts: 18
    You said you had an appointment with a field tech representative - what happened? Hyundai is scheduling one to look at my car.
  • Options
    zen2zen2 Member Posts: 226
    Hmmm, do you think you just got a Monday car? I have 4000
    miles on my GLS V6, and have experienced none of the
    problems you have listed. The biggest problem I have
    had is the driver seat comfort, which I think have
    finally solved. I discovered that you can make the
    front of the seat higher by actually lowering the seat, thus giving more thigh support than when the seat is fully raised. I mentioned this to one of the crack salesmen
    last time I was in the dealership, and he said to just
    use the front dial. :)
  • Options
    w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    I wouldn't call the Energy MXV4 Plus one of Michelin's entry-level tires. It's one of their Grand Touring All-Season tires, several steps above their true entry-level Passenger All-Season tires. Additionally, they are not cheap, as the price is typically $100 to $115 each for the 195/60-15 size.

Nevertheless, they're certainly not the best tire available for that level of money. Check out the reviews on www.tirerack.com, and you will understand why this tire is generally not up to the task, especially in the wet and in snow.
  • Options
    silverfox1silverfox1 Member Posts: 91
    Just noticed that my 06 Sonata LX windshield washers were not functioning this morning. Wiper is activated and fluid in the reservoir. Also temperature is almost 40 degrees this morning in WI. Anyone run into windshield washer motor problems? Have a appointment at the dealer on Friday to service the problem.
  • Options
    jimmy81jimmy81 Member Posts: 170
    What a great way to test out a car. Rent one. I had an 06 Sonata LX for a long weekend. I liked it, but was annoyed by a few things.
    1. This is not a quiet car - even a Camry rental was better
    2. The driver's seat does not tilt up enough! Felt like I'd slide right off it during a hard stop.
    3. Various little buzzes and gear noises.
    4. Overall gas mileage was under 20mpg - altho I was driving it mostly in town - still kinda low.

And the CEL light did come on as I was turning the car in!
  • Options
    The topography in my area is hilly but not very steep hills. In one particular stretch of highway near my home this car downshifts and upshifts 5 times from the lowest point to the top of the hill that is 1.5 miles in length. There are sections of hill then levelling off then start up another slight incline until you get to the top. I like to maintain approx. 1800 RPMs at about 40 to 45 MPH. The tranny just can not find a point where it is happy driving in slightly hilly terrain. The compressor activates usually if the outside humidity is higher than usual. It even activates when the system is turned off. Maybe this thing is just so automatic there is no manual control.
  • Options
    I had a Chevy Impala with ABS that would initialize the ABS at the initial shift of the transmission. The noise I hear from my 06 LX occurs in a similar fashion when I drive off in the morning and the noise is made one time by the time I get to my street. After this initial occurance no more sound until the next day at the initial tranny shift,so I am wondering if the ABS is initializing. I need to ask my dealer about this and get a confirmation. It is quite fascinating and irritating trying to separate normal sounds from abnormal sounds with my vehicle. Dealer trys to paint most everything as "normal and expected" road noise like someone mentioned earlier :cry: .
  • Options
    slm1slm1 Member Posts: 28
    They came to the dealership I bought the at. I was not there and the Hyundai tech did not even call me to discuss what they did. Instead, the dealership service clerk who had nothing to do with the evaluation told me "nothing wrong with the car" So I quess the answer to your question is "they did nothing" Please tell me how yours goes. Also, what state are you in ~ I am in Illinois
  • Options
    Sorry they did nothing, but I'm not surprised. I'm not expecting anything from the service tech, but I will have to go through the motions before I file with the Better Business Bureau. If you haven't filed a claim with them yet, do it now. Start getting all your information together. Since my dashboard actually makes a noise when it vibrates, I have it on video tape. So get any information you can, including copying the emails from other people on this and other web sites. The BBB is supposed to give you a hearing regarding your car. At least they do in Ohio, where I live. Check your handbook - every state is different.

After that, you are free to file in court. Since I work in a law firm, I will get advice from the attorneys here if nothing else works out. Also, contact your local news channels that do investigative reporting for consumers. Every news station here has one, and I will be contacting them if nothing happens with the service tech.

Also, I found a web site that stated one of the problems with the 2005 4 cylinder Hyundai (which was seldom) was irregular idling vibrations. I don't have the site with me, but I will email it to you later. You might want to copy it for your records.

I will use evey legal means I can to get my car fixed.

Good luck, and let me know how things work out. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    Took my 06 Sonata LX to the dealer and had my windshield washer pump replaced. Took a little over and hour and they also washed the car. Can't say enough about the great service from this dealer (Arrow Hyundai).
  • Options
    stockmanjoestockmanjoe Member Posts: 353
    Yes I have the same sound when the gas tank is full. You can hear the gas sloshing around in there. It is very annoying. I wonder in they can fix under warranty some way.
  • Options
    Thanks for continuing to post on Edmunds. I dont feel alone in this situation. I am going to file with my Attorney General. I dont know if BBB will be good for me. I got a letter from Hyundai Regional manager of customer assurance, who told me the vibration is "Characteritic of the 4 cyclinder" and suggested if I was unhappy I should contact BBB. So I get the feeling a BBB complaint may be the wrong direction at this time. I will contact a newsperson, I did think of doing that after the letter from the regional manager came. I know they can fix the car. By the way, do you think our cars were manufactured at the same plant. I have heard certain plants and/or dates are sometimes coincidital of car problems. I am very upset about this, my car vibrates so much that I shake in the seat. I cant stand to drive the car but I cant buy a new one. I have 4400 miles on it and have owned it since July 30, 2005. Please let me know how you are making out. Good luck to you and Me!!
  • Options
    All right man - power to the people!!!! Stick to the Man! Don't back down - no surrender. I am serious. The harder you push the quicker they will resolve your issue.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support Stockmanjoe. I will need all the support I can get from anyone here at Edmunds. It is not fun to fight for what is right. And a lot of work. I have spent many hours so far involved with this issue. My new 2005 Sonata would be a nice car if it did not vibrate.
    You know, most people would not bother with the aggravation of the process to get a problem fixed when there is opposition. Also, I am female,in a good old boys arena, so I get alot of BS, because they figure I wouldnt know better anyway. But I have no choice. I have only had the car 6 months, paid $1000.00 in sales tax and of course depreciation, that I would not recoup if I was to get rid of the car. Then pay said sales tax again on a new car. I dont have this kind of money to let Hyundai off the hook.
    If anyone can give imput as to what the problem is or where to write a complaint, please help. This vibration is not a slight but a SEVERE vibration. How a Hyundai rep could test drive my car and tell me it is normal is hiding something (avoiding recall) or maybe protecting something..... like bonus.. for least amount of cost on Hyundai warranty repairs. I m sure Hyundai's warranty is watched carefully. And Im sure the dist. sales and parts rep watches his numbers on what repairs are ok'ed. Like I said before, not too many people have the time or patience to fight car problems, so they get rid of it,hence, Hyundai and dealer dont have to deal with it anymore. After all, warranty work is at no charge to the customer but (I guess) charged to Hyundai and dealer.
    PRUOFF- Please write in Edmunds the website you talked about in privious email.
  • Options
    jackb4jackb4 Member Posts: 1
    My wifes 2002 Sonata just started not to play CD, it gives a error code #6, The owners manual sayes needs to be reset, anyone know how to reset? I would think the only thing to do is disconn battery? Other then that the vec has 46000 miles V6, have had no problems, ride just like the day we picked up.
  • Options
    Sorry - I have no idea if they were manufactured in the same plant. Wouldn't doubt whoever put our cars together fell asleep on the job! They're probably sitting there with a bunch of parts, wondering where they were supposed to go.
    If I get no satisfaction from the service tech, I will be filing with the BBB. Since I live in Ohio, I have to do this before any other legal action. I work in a law office, and I've been talking to an attorney who is thinking over the possibility of a class action law suit. Don't know whether she will do it or not, but it is a possibility. And I know something like that takes a long time to settle, but it might be worth it to get some satisfaction. Right now we are waiting to see what the tech says before we decide what to do next.
    It would be nice to get one of our cars fixed so we'd all know what the problem was. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    The website is www.safetransportcar.com - choose Hyundai Sonata Consumer Report, and then under that choose Hyundai Sonata Problem. It mentions irregular idling vibrations. Our problem has a name - and Hyundai definitely knows there is a problem. They are just pretending there isn't one because I think it's expensive for them to fix. But I'm not stopping until they fix mine or give me my money back, which would suit me just fine - I would be happy if I didn't have to deal with Hyundai again.
  • Options
    I am so glad to have someone else just as determined to get this problem resolved. I have spent so much time on this issue. I am writing to everyone and anyone to get someone to hear this problem and act on it. I hope we dont lose contact since between us both I think we can get some action. I am going to talk to BBB today to see how many complaints of this kind have been resolved. I will keep you posted.
  • Options
    lightfootfllightfootfl Member Posts: 442
    Does anyone know if you can have more than 2 fobs for the Sonata?? I was told that was the max "programmable" for use.
    Having had a bad experience in the past with a Ford FOB unit I finally had 4 units made. I need more than 2. Any suggestions?? :confuse:
  • Options
    jimstrenkjimstrenk Member Posts: 56
    I'll have you know sir, that the service writer gave me a very quick "Yes, sir!" when I asked that the sensor get tested.

As it turns out, I was correct in thinking the sensor was faulty. The part was ordered and shipped to the dealer on 2/7/06. I have an appointment to have the sensor replaced on 2/10/06.

By the way, if you look through the documents posted on the Hyundai Service Technology web site, you will quickly realize that the sensor does a lot more than simply display outside air temperature.

The sensor is just one of many sensors and other items that control cabin air temperature and humidity. It does a lot more than simply report outside air temperature.

Your apology has already been accepted.
  • Options
    jimstrenkjimstrenk Member Posts: 56
    As it turns out, the reading is a lot more than just informational. The sensor is in fact an integral part of the complete auto temp control system.

A visit to the Hyundai Service Technology web site discusses how the Ambient Temperature Sensor plays a key role in computing temperature and humidity within the cabin. So, it does a lot more than simply report outside air temperature.

I will be having my sensor replaced on 2/10/06.
  • Options
    lambdalambda Member Posts: 5
    Well on Jan 6th I bought an 06 Sonata after reading all the accolades and the test drive.

Here's my story with problems so far:
    My Sonanta has a huge factory paint blemish/drip/glob visable from well over from 8 feet away at pretty much all angles delivered from the factory(was told the bumper needs to be bumper needs to be repainted right after I bought it,thanks factory Quality Control,you all need some damn glasses).Rediculus

A wad of tape bulging/sticking out from under the wooden trim under the radio.Gee what a neat job by a highly trained employee.

Sloppy glue hanging/dripping from under the exterior door trim.

The car now pulls to the right.

The rear tail pipes aren't symetrical with one hanging lower than the other by a good amount.The represenative belives it was damaged during the unloading off the truck.Fantastic.

Very loud pronounced squeak in the dash after on week of ownership.The styrofoam rubbing styrofoam type noise.Turns out it's the dash rubbing the defroster vent.Looks like factory missed putting the insulating tape on this part.The dealer put some felt in which doesn't fix entirely.They then decide to pull the entire dash gouging,scratching a lot of parts during it's removal.They reassemble it fixing the initial squeek however it starts a bunch of all together new rattles and squeeks,worse than the initial one.So now I got a scratched up misaligned squeaky dashboard.Great.....

Met with the regional rep today to discuss the issues.He listens to my complaints then answers in bizzare fashion,making excuses because it's a new production vehicle and squeaks and rattles are problems I am going to have to live with if the dealer can't fix it.He pretty much makes it out to me that Hyundai is doing me a favor by attempting to fix my car.
    We then go out to look at the car to see the scratches and stuff done by the dealer and goes into a tirade like an A-hole yelling that I am a nitpick that will never be happy with anything besides making him come out to the dealer for this crap then bolts off.It was really outta nowhere,the dealer seemed shocked.
    I WAS EXTREMELY ANGRY when he did this however I kept my cool.

I am trying to be understanding and patient trying to make them understand that I want my NEW CAR TO LOOK LIKE A NEW CAR! I guess Hyundai thinks that is crazy.

It's now in the shop for the 3rd time to try to fix the same problems along with some new ones.Let's see what's next........
  • Options
    skim1124skim1124 Member Posts: 2
    In the owner's manual, it looks like I'm supposed to be able to have two sets of data on the trip computer (Trip A and Trip B). But I haven't found any way to get anything but one trip (the letters A and B don't even show up). Has anyone experienced this? If so, is there a solution?
  • Options
    Alot of your complaints you shoud have noticed on the test drives that you made. Never just take one always take several during a period of several days. Also take the vehicle home with you and really check it out. Most places let you. Well you've learned a lesson anyway.

Man you got alot of problems. I have a GLS 4cyl. The only complaint after 2 months and 2,000 miles is the gas sloshing around in the tank when full. I bought the 4cyl for the gas mileage. The sales man kept trying to get me to buy a 6cyl "the gas milege wasn't that much different etc" I would go for it I am glad. I am happy with power and gas mileage. My car was built in the Asan Korea plant. I was a little worried about the new Alabama plant. We remember it took Honda a while to work the issues out of its American plants.
  • Options
    I had the same question about my 06 Sonata LX. It seems the A & B modes are for the non trip computer models. They have manual A & B modes. If you have a trip computer you do not have this feature.
  • Options
    bobadbobad Member Posts: 1,587
    Well, I've certainly read that story before. In fact, it's about the 4th time I've read it around the Web. I'm curious: What are you trying to accomplish by repeating the same story over and over? Are you implying that because you and your dealer are having a disagreement that all Sonata owners will too? Or,,, are you trying to get leverage against your dealer by airing your dirty laundry all over the Web?

I apologize if I sound harsh, but there's no way to get the point across any other way. Your story is sad, and it frustrates me a little that your dealer is not more accommodating. However, when I see your story plastered all over the place, I can't help but think it appears a little bit obsessive and vindictive. Surely you realize your repeated story could cause collateral damage to the reputations of perfectly fine dealers and a fine car. I hope that is not your goal!

Best of luck with your dealer, and please keep us posted on any updates. :)
  • Options
    I have this posted on one other forum on one other website and you know where that is.Show me if there are others.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear of your problems,

But you should have noticed alot of this stuff on you test drives that is what test drives are about tune out the salesman and pay attention to the car. You should always take several test drives with the same car and bring the car home overnight. Go over it with a fine brush. (Let the wife see it they are great nit pickers!) It sounds like alot of the exterior blemishes could have been seen by Stevie Wonder on a dark night - how did you miss them?

The term for it in the military and it is also ways drilled into our heads (when we mess up) and repeated over and over "Attention to Detail"!!!!!!!!

I am curiuous was your car built in the Alabama plant or Asan Korea plant?
  • Options
    Hi there,

Yes in hindsight I would of gone over things that in truth shouldn't be on a new car in the first place.It was very dark,in the low 30's and windy plus the wife/kids were with me plus this car is dark cinnamin,a pretty dark color.They were ready to go home,not see Dad running over the entire car,undercarrige and such with a flashlight on a brand spankin new car.I do go into that kind of stuff with all the used cars i've bought over the years and have never had a "surprise" down the road.

None of the squeeks and rattles were to be heard at all during the test drive,absolutely none and it's wasn't till a week after I bought it that the first on popped up.The car was built on 10/14/05 in Alabama and I bought it on 1/6/06.Been in the shop for 8 days now.
  • Options
    "The term for it in the military and it is also ways drilled into our heads (when we mess up) and repeated over and over "Attention to Detail"!!!!!!!!"

Yeah, there's another applicable military term, too (acronym, actually): SNAFU - situation normal, all (unnecessarily graphic word deleted for the sake of propriety) up.
  • Options
    I get a sloshing noise when the tank is full of gas. Also, I get a droning and rattle rumble noise from the passenger rear side. Someone said that on a 60 Minutes program a few weeks ago another car maker had the same rear end noise problem, and it was found that they failed to put a bushing between the gas tank and body of the car and/or the bushing was defective or the wrong one - have to get the news on the program findings because I did not see it. I'm ready to lemon this car to a lemon lawyer, but it's a shame.
  • Options
    Mine does it too, but I notice it more when the tank is full of gas. Also, I get a droning and rattle rumble noise from the passenger rear side. Someone said that on a 60 Minutes program a few weeks ago another car maker had the same rear end noise problem, and it was found that they failed to put a bushing between the gas tank and body of the car and/or the bushing was defective or the wrong one - have to get the news on the program findings because I did not see it. I'm ready to lemon this car to a lemon lawyer, but it's a shame.
  • Options
    Well I am soryy to hear all that and really hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    zen2zen2 Member Posts: 226
    Can I ask why you felt the need to post this three times?
  • Options
    m7chaelm7chael Member Posts: 11
    Battery died overnight, may have left the parking lights on. Can't move shiter in 06 v4 automatic. Does the shiftlock need to be activated to place the vehicle in neutral so I can move it to get access to jump it?
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I only saw it twice and I removed the duplicate. There are several different software issues here that can cause a message to post more than once. I think it's safe to say that if you see a word for word duplicated message you can assume the poster was not at fault.

In any case, that's the neighborly thing to do. :)
  • Options
    tb88tb88 Member Posts: 242
    ...Battery died overnight, may have left the parking lights on...

I doubt it! when you turn off the engine, all lights are off, even if you leave it on!
    Only inside dome still lights!
  • Options
    tb88tb88 Member Posts: 242
    You have to learn to live with it... Tranny fishing is the weak point here...

There is a way around it: since you drive 40/45mph I suggest you shift to 4th gear for that stretch of the road; that will keep it from shifting when you go up and down!
  • Options
    The good news is that he admitted something was wrong with my car. The bad news is that he reset the computer in the car, which did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. He was gone when I picked up the car. When I started it, you could hear the dashboard vibrating, so I asked the head of the maintenance department to come out to hear it and to feel the steering wheel shaking. He told me to call the guy in customer service and tell him that the problem was still there, and that he confirmed it. Called the customer service guy today and left a message that I was tired of fooling with it and to either fix my car, get me a new one, or give me my money back. Will let you know what happens when he calls me back.
  • Options
    But who is the "he" you mentioned. The dealership service guy or Hyundai rep. Let me know what the guy from customer service says. Is this customer service with Hyundai or dealership.

Good luck
  • Options
    The person who admitted something was wrong with my car was the service tech guy that Hyundai sent to look at my car. The customer service guy that I left a message with works for Hyundai. Let me know how things go with you.
  • Options
    Right now things are not going to good. The Hyundai people are not be nice about any of this. Basically, I have been "cut off" they do not want to discuss the issue or allow the dealer to service my car for the idle vibration. But I am not KO'd yet. I mortgage my home to but a nice car, for reliablity and the security Hyundai offered in its advertisement. I could of bought any car for the money I paid for this one and probably had less hassel if there was a problem. Hyundai puts a firm hand on the dealerships and what they will authorize for repair. You know warranty work cost $$. Please let me know how it is going for you. I need all the support I can get and helpfull information. Anyone out there have a idea how to get this resolved? Also, is there anyone out there owning a 2005 GL 2.4 Liter (4 cyclinder), automatic, that DOES NOT have cabin vibration while the car is in gear. Seems I need to prove that all 2005 Hyundia do not have the same problem as mine to prove to Hyundai that it is not normal for the car. Get a load of that, I HAVE TO PROVE MY CAR HAS A PROBLEM FOR THEM TO BELIEVE ME.