Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

97 f150 overdrive switch broke off

ezrydrezrydr Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Ford
We bought 97 f150 new, has 52000 mi, end of gearshift knob with the overdrive switch broke off. cost of repairs $150, $50 was covered by extended warranty, leaving out of pocket cost of $80. Dealer would not budge on cost, called the Ford Cust. Service rep, no luck there either, asked for her supervisor, they called back, said I was SOL, supervisor said her supervisor does not speak to or communicate with customers.

A couple of the employees at the dealership, said this is not an uncommon problem, they see it quite often. after some research, it appears Ford does not have a tech bulliten on this problem.
What do I do now? Cust service rep said that if Ford put out a recall on this problem, I would be reimbursed at that time. I think that there is not much of a chance of that. Has anyone else seen this, and what was your expeirence?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,482
    I think legally Ford's obligation is over on this.
  • 0patience0patience Oregon CoastPosts: 1,712
    $150 is very reasonable and very fair, especially for the fact that the vehicle is at least 3 years old. The other option is to try gluing it on, but it won't last.
    Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.