Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What Car is Right For Me? Help Me Choose!

Comments

• Options
    rossm1rossm1 Member Posts: 14
    Hi

I need some advise from a person who has 2 kids (1 & 3 year old)
    I'm looking for a car :) that will be big enough for my family. I narrow down to 3
    Honda ODYSSEY, new RAV4 V6 or new camry V6
    I'm sure honda will be big enough but it's the most expensive and most gas thirsty (not sure about RAV4)
    RAV4 is in the middle but is much better (bigger) than a camry.
    Any advise?

Ross
  • Options
    misterjjmisterjj Member Posts: 32
    "Ford, Buick, Infiniti, Acura, Honda, VW, Volvo, Subaru, and Mazda all make 4-door sedans that blend sportiness, comfort, practicality, luxury and price to various degrees."

You left out Audi. I love my A3. Very sporty, great luxury, practicality of a hatch, and it looks great too!
  • Options
    lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    The Jeep is especially competent in off-road situations and has that "Jeep look"... a very American icon like a pair of Levi's. It can be had with the new Diesel engine if that is important to you.

The Saturn is a Saturn - meaning that it is going to be a more anonymous-looking vehicle over time. It can be had with the Honda 3.5L engine, however! The Saturn will most likely have a decent Dealership experience and the Jeep could be hit or miss in that department.

Are there any other choices you will consider? As stated earlier, the new RAV4 is a markedly improved version over last year's model and is similar in size to the Vue/Liberty. Of your choices, I would find the Liberty to have the superior build quality, but it would trail the new RAV4 in that department.

My personal take... I find Saturns to be great cars for people who don't like cars :)
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 384
    Ross,
    There's a reason why SUV's and Minivans have been so popular with the family set. They work. There's just a lot more usable space in them than the old sedan style. Not that there's anything wrong with a Camry- it's a great car. But it's a sedan.

Between the Odyssey and the new '06 Rav4- well, the Odyssey will be bigger- and more room is always better, as well as more utilitarian. The Rav4 has gotten stellar reviews so far- and will probably be more fun to drive. The Rav's hot V6 isn't going to be available until February or so. So- if you want a xmas present for your family, you've only got one choice. But- if you want the more thrifty 4cyl- you'll be able to get it in a couple weeks.

From a style perspective- I'd vote for the new Rav4. But the Honda will make life the easiest.
  • Options
    taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    I think a minivan is the way to go, and don't discount the Toyotta Sienna. When my sone was born, we had a Honda Passport. By the time he was 1 mo old, we hated it! That was a truck-based SUV, so my wife had to lift my son and packages UP and into the car and UP and out of the car. Very strenuous for her. I think the RAV is car-based, so you won't have those problems, but you still can't compare the space of a minivan to an SUV.

Picture this - it's an errand day. You, the wife and your children have already gone to a home decorating place like Bed Bath and Beyond, gone to an electronics store, picked up drycleaning and are now leaving the mall/Target/Costco with a full cartload. All of a sudden, it starts to rain. In anything, but a minivan, you'll need to figure out how to place your cargo so it'll all fit. WIth a minivan, just toss it in the trunk and go.

A minivan is the way to go!
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    There are many people who just will not buy a mini van - no matter what the advantages might be - it just has the image of - someone who drives a mini van.

People see their vehicle as an extension of themselves - and very few want the image that a mini van projects.

You can use all the logic in the world and you will never change it - its just the way it is.

This is not just a "man" thing either - I know a few women who feel the same way.
  • Options
    timababytimababy Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for a car for about $6-7k and I know for that price I could only get a car with 100,000 plus miles I was just wondering what cars should I be considering?
  • Options
    krzysskrzyss Member Posts: 849
    Krzys
  • Options
    starman98starman98 Member Posts: 119
    I can't believe someone recommended the Intrigue. The car has been out of production for 3 years and it is a maintiance nightmare. Who would want to buy an Olds now anyway?

The car didn't seel cause it is horrible unreliable junk.
  • Options
    ramogninoramognino Member Posts: 1
    This is my first post, so, excuse my newbieness.

I would like feedback on what would be the best choice for a used sedan 1996-2000 models.

My three prime factors:

1) good gas
    2) easy to fix
    3) reliable

As a person who knows little about cars, but wanting to learn a lot more about them (especially in fixing them), any help would be very, very appreciated.

Stewart
  • Options
    fredvhfredvh Member Posts: 857
    Toyota Camry 4-cylinder, Toyota Corolla, Honda Accord 4-cylinder, and the Honda Civic.
  • Options
    allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I'm buying a new car for the first time in almost ten years. I'm trying to keep the price as low as possible, definitely under $17k. I'm a single guy, so no requirements for a family. I'm not a fan of two door cars, however. My one requirement is a manual transmission.

Here is my current list of favorites-

Mazda3 Sedan or Hatchback
    Chevrolet HHR
    Kia Spectra
    Suzuki Aerio

The Honda Civic LX would be on the list, but no dealer in my state has been able to locate a manual transmission in a color I'd take. So, sadly, it's not a possibility.

Anyone have input or suggestions?
  • Options
    podrespodres Member Posts: 58
    You should consider the ScionTc. I test drove one, and it's a pretty nice car, good value, with lots of potential for customization, if you're into that sort of thing. There can be a wait to get them, depending on the market.
  • Options
    Actually, I've now decided on the Mazda3 s 5-door. I'm picking it up tomorrow.
  • Options
    dairyshickdairyshick Member Posts: 129
    On my numerous test drives, I failed to check out the sunroof. When opened, does the sunroof slide back into the roof panel or does it slide over the roof? I'm guessing it slides into the roof, but I never checked it to be sure.
  • Options
    z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    It slides between the roof and the headliner - never saw one that slide on th outside of the roof -

The wind noise is so loud I never open the roof?
  • Options
    It depends on the car, although most slide between the roof and headliner. I remember certain Mazdas in particular (MX-3, maybe?) slide on top of the roof.

Maybe moonroofs (clear glass with a separate cloth cover that slides just below it) slide between the roof and headliner and sunroofs (no glass) slide onto the roof?

I don't know, but I bet if the prior poster gives teh car model they want, they'll get an accurate response.
  • Options
    nhroadrunnernhroadrunner Member Posts: 6
    I need to replace my '99 Accord LX-V6 coupe with 135,000 miles. I live in NH and commute 90 miles roundtrip to/from Boston for work. Due to my desire for a more stable ride during the winter months, I almost convinced myself to buy a Subaru Forester (or Outback). But I think I'll miss the interior comfort and performance of a Honda V6 engine. Both brands have their +'s and -'s and I'm now beginning to think I'll be happier with a new Accord (V6 with traction/stability control) with a set of winter tires. I've never driven a car with winter tires and 90% of my driving is on the highway so I can't give up too much dry/wet traction. According to the reviews on tirerack.com, the Dunlop M3, followed by the Blizzak LM25, is the highest rated "performance" winter tire.

A new Accord V6 (leaning towards an EX, either coupe or sedan) with a set of winter tires will cost me about $4K more than a Subaru Forester (which comes with crappy Geolander all-seasons).

Help me choose! A new Honda with winter tires or an AWD Subaru?
  • Options
    strokeoluck1strokeoluck1 Member Posts: 37
    I'm confused, isn't this an Acura board?

- Rob
  • Options
    strokeoluck1strokeoluck1 Member Posts: 37
    Although I'm now the proud owner of an '05 Acura TL, I was also very happy with two American-made vehicles (yes, I know, the Acura is American made too...but you all know what I mean):

- Ford Taurus
    - Pontiac Grand Prix

Both were extremely reliable for me. I put on ~100,000 miles on both of them. My Mother-in-law is still driving my 2000 Taurus and it has about 120,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Although I never worked on my own cars the repair bills were generally reasonable when they did need minor repair (the Grand Prix literally never needed anything beyond routine maintenance; I think it's because GM has been making that same V-6 engine for so long). If I was forced to buy a four door vehicle for <$20,000 I'd look long and hard at those vehicles. Granted they don't make the Taurus any longer but you can find gently used ones for a heck of a deal. If you want a sportier look and feel then think about the Grand Prix.

- Rob
  • Options
    My '85 and '91 CRXs sunroofs slid up and out of the car. It was probably due to the lack of space for it to slide back into the roof and to avoid eating up headroom in such a tiny car. I've seen a few others like this, but can't remember what they were.
  • Options
    This is not an Acura board. It's a board for people to get advice on what car is right for them. If you went into the Acura section and this was listed as a Board that discussed them, it's probably b/c some posts reference Acuras. It wouldn't surprise me if this post was listed as pertaining to every car, make or model (except maybe the exotic sports-cars, since I don't see them mentioned here).
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    This discussion is listed under the nine cars you see in the header. I swap some in and out from time to time depending on what's being discussed here. For instance, the Subaru Forester was mentioned, but we didn't have a Subaru listed. So that it would show up on the Forester board, I added the Forester category above. This gives more chance of those familiar with the Forester to drop by.

There's a long-winded answer to a question you didn't ask. ;)
  • Options
    Thanks, Pat :) I never noticed that list before!
  • Options
    bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    The VW Jetta won the comparo in the Feb. 2006 Car and Driver Magazine. It beat out the Acura TSX, Honda Accord EX V-6, Mazdaspeed 6, and Pontiac G6 GTP.
  • Options
    kk2482kk2482 Member Posts: 33
    Have you gone to test drive the new AccordV6 or the Subaru Forester? That will help you determine your final choice.

I personally would have a difficult time as well due to the fact that Honda has perfected the traction for their cars as of 2003 and advances are installed with each new vehicle C/D notes. Hondas also - you have experience with their maintenance and expenses. Subarus - a few of my long time friends have Subarus, one living in the Colorado area says that its perfect for handling the dramatically different weather conditions, however it is more expensive in repair - which has only happened to him once for the AWD maintenance.

I do have a question for you about your Honda - does the maintenance light go off at the scheduled times? and how is the cost of its maintenance? It sounds like you enjoy the Honda through and through. I am thinking of purchasing the Honda Civic Hybrid ... any thoughts on this? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    proeproe Member Posts: 157
    Yes, the maintenance light comes up at preset time. However, you can reset it ;)
    I have a 1996 accord and it has been problem free and my maintenance cost has been pretty low
    If you go with Edmunds comparison test between Toyota Prius and Honda Civic Hybrid. It seems like Prius would be better choice than Civic Hybrid.
    BTW, it seems like Toyota will be the first automaker to have a hybrid in every line up in next 5 years :surprise:
  • Options
    Thank you for the information :D Best of luck with the Honda/Subaru decision!
  • Options
    ftrainftrain Member Posts: 29
    Here's the situation: My wife and I both drive small economy cars with over 100,000 miles on them. They are running okay, but not great. We have kept them longer than either of us expected because I am in graduate school and have wanted to keep expenses down while I'm on loans. But I have promised her a new car when I graduate in six months, and given that we're going to be moving to a colder climate and doing a lot more driving probably in worse conditions (especially in the winter), I think we're both going to need a new one, and I'm not really sure where to start looking.

I think I'm going to put a price limit of $20K on each of them, but perhaps the more important number is the monthly payment--I realistically don't want to spend more than $700 a month combined, and would like to spend less if possible. (Maybe I should lease?) I want sedans or coupes. No wagons, or SUVs, or trucks, or minivans. We would like something "fun" to drive, but I don't know how to define that. At the same time, reliability, durability, and total cost of ownership are VERY important. Probably the most important factors, actually. Given that, and past experience, I don't see myself buying anything domestic. I kind of like the looks of the new Ford Fusion, but I can't imagine buying the first generation of any American car (maybe I'm overreacting to that, though). I'm fine with only 4-cylinders. Front-wheel drive would probably be nice.

So, I guess I'm thinking about a Civic or Accord, or a Camry (though I have always found them boring as hell), or a Mazda 3 or Mazda 6. But are there any other obvious contenders I should add to my comparison? My wife loves the Volvo S40 or the Acura TSX, but I don't think they're in our budget (even if I got less of a car than her, I don't see how we would swing either of those). Let me know if anyone can offer advice here. I feel like there are a zillion cars out there and I know about only a few, and maybe I'm missing a chance at a real bargain from another manufacturer.
  • Options
    The first thing you can do is scan the list of discussions on our Comparisons board. We are talking about all the vehicles you mention in one discussion or another there. Feel free to jump into any or all of them.

And you can use the Browse by Vehicle search on the left side of the page to find dedicated discussions on each one.

Don't miss our Smart Shopper board where you will be told that the worst thing you can do is shop on monthly payment alone. Check it out.

And last but not at all least, check out the wealth of information on Edmunds.com. You can look up specs and reviews (editors and consumers) as well as all kinds of other stuff for each vehicle and there is a general Buying Tips section that is very helpful.

How's that to get you started? :-)
  • Options
    thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    No, they are neither the same exact size or shape.
  • Options
    For your situation: The Edmunds website listed below is excellent for comparing cars in a certain class AND researching the true cost of owning any car that might be of interest to you. It's helped me out a great deal! I have also been researching the car market for about 10 months and am looking at the same type of cars you are thinking about. Below is what I have uncovered. I hope this helps! http://www.edmunds.com/apps/cto/CTOintroController

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr (approx. $12500 used & in great condition) (avg cost per mile - $0.33)
    - very reliable w/ good resale value, its engine doesn&#146;t have the pep that a Mazda will provide while keeping your gas mileage quite efficient. (Mazda&#146;s lineup has DOHC - dual overhead cam - which helps in the stepping on the pedal w/out killing your engine) &#150; Also, I don&#146;t know if you&#146;ve owned a Honda before, but the required maintenance is more frequent than other models. Maintenance is more expensive on them at times b/c the big stuff has to be done at the dealership - and if it isn't done by the dealership - best of luck - many places here in New Jersey won't touch a Honda&#146;s required maintenance.

2002 Honda Accord LX 4dr (approx. $12000 used & in great condition) (avg cost per mile - $0.36)
    - incredible ratings - retains its resale value, good mpg w/reg maintenance (tires/oil) you can have a smooth running car up to 150,000. Remember that it&#146;s a Honda and maintenance that's required should be done at the dealership to maintain their warranty. I don't know if traction control is avail. w/ the 2002 Honda Accord. That&#146;s something you'll have to check into. I know the Traction Control and the EBD (electronic brake distribution) is a necessity with the weather conditions that occur.

The Camry I haven't owned and can't comment on - however I've heard it's a good car if well maintained. I haven't heard any exciting remarks about them - mainly that they are good family cars.

2002 Mazda 626 I have owned a newer Mazda and can tell you their cars are fun to drive while still avg&#146;ing 28-30 mpg for me. That&#146;s w/ 70% hwy - 30% city. It has approx. 85,000 miles on it, and has only required the tires and oil changed ... the transmission does shift a bit harder every now and then (its an auto trans) I&#146;d purchase another Mazda however it wouldn't be my 1st choice. Reason - I get the runaround at the dealership too often (and I&#146;ve taken it to a dealership in several diff cities).

I know you didn&#146;t list it, however I would suggest to you the 2001 Buick Regal GS (approx. $8500 used - great condition) (avgs cost per mile - $0.35) It is a fantastic option, 27-29mpg using 93octane - Supercharged V6. My sister & her husband (in their 20s/30s) purchased a brand new one. They&#146;ve only changed the tires/oil since then - everything is perfect plus the auto trans shifts smooth as butter. They&#146;ve put over 90,000 on it. It hasn&#146;t required any major maintenance even at 4 yrs old. This Buick is listed as #1 for smartest sedan purchases (used car market). It also comes std w/ Traction Control & EBD Electronic Brake Distribution - the Buick has saved my sister & family a few times when driving in bad Jersey weather. (This Regal GS model automatically comes w/leather, heated seats, st.wheel controls, TC, EBD, dual zone air, and a ton more features)*also the insurance rates are lower on this car - dunno maybe b/c its more of a fam car? who knows. Best of luck in your car search! :)
  • Options
    1stly, even though you didn't say it, "used" is the way to go. With the S40 & TSX, those cars have been out for a few years and should be available at a good price. I would also suggest you research Mitsubishi. I forget what their small car is, but I know the Galant is a good car of average quality. Best of all is that they are terrible at holding their value. A 2 or 3-year old one should be had at great savings. The only exceptions to this might be the Eclipse and their Evo.
  • Options
    giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    "But I have promised her a new car when I graduate in six months, and given that we're going to be moving to a colder climate and doing a lot more driving probably in worse conditions (especially in the winter), I think we're both going to need a new one, and I'm not really sure where to start looking."

You need new and an AWD.
    Toyota Matrix AWD hatchback $18,280
    Subaru Impreza AWD sedan 2.5i $18,295

These are the only sub 20K AWD you can find.
  • Options
    I need to purchase a used vehicle, but I don't know what to particularly watch out for at the dealerships. I have viewed and reviewed the markets and lots physically and via internet, mostly Cars.com and Carmax for sales ads &#150; any other suggestions?

I want a used sedan in the $12,000-15,000 range. Where should I draw the line on mileage? 50,000? What mileage is the peak for a promising vehicle? I need about 2 years out of this used car.

If I'm purchasing a car used the depreciation will just give me a better price to purchase and it won&#146;t affect me right?

A few friends tell me to steer clear of Mazdas, Mazda6 especially. Is there any reason for me to stay away from the Mazda lineup? [I own 2 mazdas and have had good experience with them - it wasn't the absolute supreme best but it wasn't a bad experience at all ... in any case I wouldn&#146;t mind owning a different brand now.]

ANY ASSISTANCE GIVEN IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!
  • Options
    georgev1georgev1 Member Posts: 14
    Driving a 94 MB 350SD Turbodiesel. 227 K miles, the car is awesome.
    But it's time for some new wheels, my business 'owes' me one.
    E320 CDI - Lexus LS or BMW 5 series??

What would YOU do?

Geo
  • Options
    I think you should wait for 2007 LS, which has much better design and better upgrade. Or, you can go with my top choice GS450h. It is GS430 with a hybrid system. You get V8 performance with V6 fuel efficiency. If I am going to spend more than $60k on a car, I would definitely go with Lexus.

BTW, even the current LS430 is ranked better than BMW 7 series ;)
  • Options
    I'd take a serious look at the Mazda3 and 6. The Mazda6 in particular is a lot of car for the money because they're being heavily discounted. The 3 is a helluva car (I just bought one, so I'm biased) but it's a lot of fun and I managed to get one for $16k new. My best friend has a Mazda6 (with V6) and it's a lot of fun, too.

The Honda Civic is also a very good car, though not as much fun to drive or as sporty looking as the Mazdas.

I agree with you that the Fusion is a great looking car and the reviewers have given it very high marks for handling/fun-to-drive factor. If you're not buying for six months or so, I'd think it would be a pretty safe bet. It would be almost a year into production and (one would hope) any major issues would be ironed out.

Two more I'd consider, since you mention that a coupe is okay, would be the Scion tC. Another very good looking car with strong performance.

The Nissan Altima is also a good deal and it's a great driving car with plenty of power even in 4-cylinder form. They can be had for $2500 to $3000 off sticker at the moment. Six months from now, they'll probably have even deeper discounts.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    1stly, even though you didn't say it, "used" is the way to go. With the S40 & TSX, those cars have been out for a few years and should be available at a good price. I would also suggest you research Mitsubishi. I forget what their small car is, but I know the Galant is a good car of average quality. Best of all is that they are terrible at holding their value. A 2 or 3-year old one should be had at great savings. The only exceptions to this might be the Eclipse and their Evo.

The small Mitsu is the Lancer and, at least in top of line Ralliart trim, it's a fun little car. The only downside is it doesn't do well in the crash ratings (one of the worst in it's class). The good news is that they can be bought for thousands off sticker. But they still cost nearly as much as a Civic or Mazda3 and depreciate worse than any other Japanese car line.

The Galant is a pretty good driver, too. I test drove a Galant GTS a while back, but it stickered for $27k! Even at the $22k they were offering it for, you could still buy a lot of Honda, Mazda or even (dull) Toyota.
  • Options
    1. Try carsdirect.com
    2. In terms of mileage, I use 15,000 miles/year. So, any used car that is beyond 15,000 miles/year means you have more wear and tear on the car.
    In terms of the peak mileage, for Japanese cars, I go with 100,000 miles. However, for BMW, I go with even 300,000 miles.
    3. If I understand you question right. Are you saying because the new cars depreciate most in first couple years, so the depreciation on the used car you purchased will not goes down as much as the new cars? I would say that is correct. In other words if you decide to sell your car, then you should not lose too much values in two years on the premises that the car is in good condition.
    4. I would only stay with Japanese cars for either used or pre-certified cars, meaning you should purchased from either Honda and Acura, or Toyota and Lexus only. Sorry, no Nissan and Infiniti.
  • Options
    autonomousautonomous Member Posts: 1,769
    ... moving to a colder climate and doing a lot more driving probably in worse conditions (especially in the winter), I think we're both going to need a new one, and I'm not really sure where to start looking."

In Canada, Mazda3 sedans are popular; they are reliable (as attested to by Consumer Reports) and relatively inexpensive to buy and operate. Have you considered buying two similar models from the same dealer? This may get you a better discount and may simplify maintenance. The Mazda3 has two distinctive models. For winter driving a good set of snow tires is recommended; AWD is useful for going offroad. The Toyota Matrix is another excellent choice. Best wishes for 2006!
  • Options
    georgev1georgev1 Member Posts: 14
    Thank you for your reply-and for being so "right-on" re: waiting on the 07LS! Maybe a 2 yr lease on a hot lil Beemer?
    That is one of the courses I am STRONGLY considering.
    I drove the LS, twice. It is smooth, it is quiet and it is fast - in a fussy sort of way.
    Wonderful fit and finish, quality materials, cool rear view camera- this car is sweet!
    Dealer offered me an 05 430LS Silver/Ecru Custom Pkg for $55K or an 05 LS Blue/Cashmere Modern for $54K - then he made a mistake...
    As I was open about maybe wanting something quick and fun like a BMW he said "You are a lot YOUNGER than many of the LS customers!?!?" hmmmmm. Now I am 51 and maybe I need to "get it out of my system" and go for the M5 or 550i or even a little 330ic ragtop.
    Thus, my dilema.
    I DO appreciate your answer,
    Geo
  • Options
    giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    Actually, the post is directed to ftrain not.

Anyways, it surprises me that the Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan is price at MSRP $18,300 only. You could get a $1.5K year end rebate if you get one now.
    If I had to choose a Mazda 3s vs Subaru Impreza 2.5i, I' would take the Subaru.
    I'm bias of course but I just love that Impreza driven by Peter Solberg at WRC.
  • Options
    uhuh1uhuh1 Member Posts: 18
    My issue is that I wonder navigation on '03 TL Type-S does tell me what to do like 'making left turn at 0.3mile ahead with its voice. Does this model have function of helping me with its own voice?

I just visited a dealershop to but a used '03 TL Type-S with Navigation/Onstar. But a salesperson told me that Navigation system of this model doesn't tell me how to get to a place with its voice. It is so weird. If it can't let me know the direction with its voice, I can't understand that why it is called navigation system. She told me that I can just refer to the point where I stands and I can refer to the direction with my eyes. I think there was some misunderstanding between her and me. Can you let me know? Thank you.
  • Options
    Hi and welcome - you really only need to post a question in one discussion rather than several. Since the purpose of this discussion is helping folks decide what sedan to buy, I'm going to ask that anyone who can offer you suggestions respond to your post at the following link instead of here - uhuh1, "Acura TL" #8176, 31 Dec 2005 5:12 pm.
  • Options
    uhuh1uhuh1 Member Posts: 18
    Hey, How are you doing? I hope to share my opinion if I purchase a car. It might be first car after coming in USA. You got it for question resulted from my urgence. Thanks.
  • Options
    norbert1norbert1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know of an 2006 $35,000 plus sedan availible in cloth seats preferably a bench seat?
  • Options
    m3sguym3sguy Member Posts: 1
    I have owned my 05 Mazda 3 S for 6 months now and I LOVE it! I drove the 02 Mazda Millenia and traded it for the 3 and I don't have any regrets. Is's FUN to drive and it's quite peppy. I got all 4 packages on mine and the price was just to good to pass up. I drive the rally white 4 door s sedan with the sidesills, xenons, rear spoiler, 17in rims, etc. It looks like a baby beamer to me! Anyone who owns ones will most likey agree. I personally do not prefer the hatchback. I have never been a hatchback type guy!
  • Options
    Also check out autofinder.com.

Proe, why not Nissan/Infiniti? THey're Japanese.

I'd also check out Mitsubishi & Mazda - their reliability is average, but they don't hold value well, so you get good resale deals.
  • Options
    Proe, why not Nissan/Infiniti? THey're Japanese.

I don't know. Maybe just my impression, meaning if someone asks me the question of which automakers would I consider for used cars. I would not think of Nissan/Infiniti :)
    Also, Nissan/Infiniti gears toward performance more than Honda/Acura and Toyota/Lexus, and we all know that means more wear and tear, and may be a lot more abuses ;)