Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected]om by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com editor James Riswick fondly looks back at the long-term Jaguar XF.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    #2 surprised me, but you have a very good point. This car has been remarkably reliable by LT fleet standards. Well done Jag.
  • wizard8873wizard8873 Posts: 20
    Curious as to how well it would hold up on an extended long term test. I can only imagine the cost to repair all those vents and the gear selector
  • shepskishepski Posts: 45
    LEFT-FOOT BRAKING?!?!?
  • lvgtilvgti Posts: 8
    SHEPSKI- - - I've been left-foot braking for 45 years. It works for me, no problems & I never ride the pedal.
  • agentorangeagentorange Posts: 893
    "...so impossible to not exploit. " Yes, you're not exactly known for throttle restraint at IL. Reason #7 is one reason I did not buy an XF. What you call theatre I call chintz that will break. My dealer has repaired quite a few of the Warp Adjusters, and non-deploying A/C vents does not work for me in Las Vegas. I would select them "Open" from the menus and they would stay that way.
  • emajoremajor Posts: 332
    This is a far more interesting car than the Audi/BMW, but 22K miles is barely halfway through a lease period and in no way signifies a reliable car. Reason #1 made me cringe. Overused!!