Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com editor James Riswick fondly looks back at the long-term Jaguar XF.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    #2 surprised me, but you have a very good point. This car has been remarkably reliable by LT fleet standards. Well done Jag.
  • Options
    wizard8873wizard8873 Member Posts: 20
    Curious as to how well it would hold up on an extended long term test. I can only imagine the cost to repair all those vents and the gear selector
  • Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    LEFT-FOOT BRAKING?!?!?
  • Options
    lvgtilvgti Member Posts: 8
    SHEPSKI- - - I've been left-foot braking for 45 years. It works for me, no problems & I never ride the pedal.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "...so impossible to not exploit. " Yes, you're not exactly known for throttle restraint at IL. Reason #7 is one reason I did not buy an XF. What you call theatre I call chintz that will break. My dealer has repaired quite a few of the Warp Adjusters, and non-deploying A/C vents does not work for me in Las Vegas. I would select them "Open" from the menus and they would stay that way.
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    This is a far more interesting car than the Audi/BMW, but 22K miles is barely halfway through a lease period and in no way signifies a reliable car. Reason #1 made me cringe. Overused!!