Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Where to buy AC/Delco Ultraguard Oil filter

Hi.

It used to be that Pepboys sold the Ultraguard oil filters, and they had an exclusive on them, but now all the pepboys in my area stopped selling them. I cannot order them from any other auto parts store, and the dealership wants me to order them in a case, or 6 to a box at 14.50 or so per filter.

I like these filters, and was paying 8 dollars or so at Pepboys.

Does anyone know of a place online to buy them?

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• ocelot1ocelot1 Posts: 101
    I've been able to only find them at the local GM dealer, 11.25 each. I used the AcDelco web site to find the part # and then went to the dealer and ordered it.Tony
  • I found another dealer that will charge me about the same price as you are quoting (11.25 or so) and did not tell me that I needed a minimum order.

They have not come in yet, so I won't know for sure umntil I have them in my hand!
  • zr2randozr2rando Posts: 391
    check this page for some pics..

http://www.cau-llc.com/acdelco.htm

good luck on the price/quantity, PepBoys quit carrying them around here, they were about $8 listed on the shelf, but the shelf was empty of course!

• According to a very recent posting on the Corvette Forum, AC has dropped the Duraguard filter due to lack of demand.
    I guess the $8 each cost was too much for the average DIYer.
  • There has been an update on the above information. According to the same sources that I previously quoted, the Duraguard filter will remain available in the PF44 size to fit the Corvette, as there is considerable demand for that number only.
    According to some, the Mobil 1 filter is manufactured by the same people as the AC Duraguard, just not quite as high a quality level.
  • adc100adc100 Posts: 1,521
    Champion Labs as I recall. Probably little difference since both have synthetic fibers and single pass efficiency of 98%.
  • Yes, that was the info that I read
  • The Duraguard filter is sold at Wal-mart, K-mart, dealers, and many other places. It is their base level filter. I would be surprised it they would stop making them. They cost less than $3 at Wal-mart. Do you mean the DURAGUARD SILVER or the ULTRAGUARD GOLD instead of the regular Duraguard?
  • I guess we got caught up in the "names" and meant the ultraguard gold, or ultraguard ,for short
  • mbbenzmbbenz Posts: 47
    instead if the Ultraguard is discontinued. Its cheaper as well.
This discussion has been closed.