Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Where to buy AC/Delco Ultraguard Oil filter

sierrabuddsierrabudd Member Posts: 15
Hi.

It used to be that Pepboys sold the Ultraguard oil filters, and they had an exclusive on them, but now all the pepboys in my area stopped selling them. I cannot order them from any other auto parts store, and the dealership wants me to order them in a case, or 6 to a box at 14.50 or so per filter.

I like these filters, and was paying 8 dollars or so at Pepboys.

Does anyone know of a place online to buy them?

Thanks,

Bruce

Comments

• Options
    bretfrazbretfraz Member Posts: 2,021
  • Options
    ocelot1ocelot1 Member Posts: 101
    I've been able to only find them at the local GM dealer, 11.25 each. I used the AcDelco web site to find the part # and then went to the dealer and ordered it.Tony
  • Options
    sierrabuddsierrabudd Member Posts: 15
    I found another dealer that will charge me about the same price as you are quoting (11.25 or so) and did not tell me that I needed a minimum order.

They have not come in yet, so I won't know for sure umntil I have them in my hand!
  • Options
    zr2randozr2rando Member Posts: 391
    check this page for some pics..

http://www.cau-llc.com/acdelco.htm

good luck on the price/quantity, PepBoys quit carrying them around here, they were about $8 listed on the shelf, but the shelf was empty of course!

• Options
    leadfoot4leadfoot4 Member Posts: 593
    According to a very recent posting on the Corvette Forum, AC has dropped the Duraguard filter due to lack of demand.
    I guess the $8 each cost was too much for the average DIYer.
  • Options
    There has been an update on the above information. According to the same sources that I previously quoted, the Duraguard filter will remain available in the PF44 size to fit the Corvette, as there is considerable demand for that number only.
    According to some, the Mobil 1 filter is manufactured by the same people as the AC Duraguard, just not quite as high a quality level.
  • Options
    adc100adc100 Member Posts: 1,521
    Champion Labs as I recall. Probably little difference since both have synthetic fibers and single pass efficiency of 98%.
  • Options
    Yes, that was the info that I read
  • Options
    stealth1969stealth1969 Member Posts: 162
    The Duraguard filter is sold at Wal-mart, K-mart, dealers, and many other places. It is their base level filter. I would be surprised it they would stop making them. They cost less than $3 at Wal-mart. Do you mean the DURAGUARD SILVER or the ULTRAGUARD GOLD instead of the regular Duraguard?
  • Options
    I guess we got caught up in the "names" and meant the ultraguard gold, or ultraguard ,for short
  • Options
    mbbenzmbbenz Member Posts: 47
    instead if the Ultraguard is discontinued. Its cheaper as well.
This discussion has been closed.