Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Squeaky clutch on Toyota Tacomas

plutoniousplutonious Member Posts: 799
edited March 2014 in Toyota
My truck is a 1998 V6 with 5 speed manual transmission. The clutch developed a very loud and annoying squeak when both depressing and releasing the clutch at around 30K miles. A dealer told me this was a common problem and claimed his technicians had put in new clutch bushings. The problem returned a few thousand miles later.

Yesterday, I found there is an official TSB on this problem from the NHTSA (Item #SB6082124 and Bulletin #TC00599). For some absurd reason, the NHTSA won't post the contents of their bulletins without being CHARGED for it.

Has anybody out there successfully fixed this problem, and what did it require? Honestly, I love my truck and it's been flawless except for this problem, which is replacing the pleasure I find rowing my own gears with nothing but pure annoyance.

Comments

• Options
    seeligseelig Member Posts: 590
    pluto- i had the same truck as you, as you well know. my squeak came at 20K and was fixed by shooting some lithium in the pivot.
  • Options
    notalltherenotallthere Member Posts: 2
    my 95 has the same problem.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Let's continue with this, if necessary, in the "Strange noises" discussion that is about 12 items down from this discussion on the master list for this board.

You may want to cut and paste your original post #1 into the Strange Noises discussion so you don't have to retype.

thank you,

Mr. Shiftright
    Host
This discussion has been closed.