Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    Pop,

In post #1328 you said... But I have found an 08 that fits the criteria, it don't even have the dealer add ons that they try to put on it, the price is around $26780 but $22,000 is going to be the purchase price, which i know for a fact is very reasonable.

That is where i am getting my information. You said $22,000 is going to be the purchase price.... :confuse:

The one thing about talking about purchase prices are we are only talking about 1 piece of a 3 piece puzzle. 1) Ok you got $xxxx amount of price for the new car.....

2) Was there a trade and what was the amount of that vehicle. If there was, maybe the dealer held back on the trade???????

3) Was there financing and what was bought at financing????????????

All these are factors in a car deal...........

Just because you got $1200 below invoice doesn't mean the dealer wasn't holding $1500 on your trade................ :surprise:

And Finance could have made $3000 on the back end of a deal.......... :P

So sometimes when people post these numbers you never hear the whole deal...

Good luck and happy shopping..................

GP
  • Options
    pop88pop88 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks GP. I see where you're coming from. Thanks for the luck and hopefully it will be a good shopping experience.
  • Options
    kmb1179kmb1179 Member Posts: 6
    Congratualtions!!! Is the state you live in Taxachussetts?

LOL! Nope, Mississippi, on the Gulf Coast.

I am sooo enjoying this car. Wish I could have gotten the Connection Package, but we just couldn't get right on the price, so I got the SL instead, which has everything that I absolutely had to have. The Connection Package was just stuff I wanted for fun.

I went from a Ford Expedition to this Altima, so it is a whole new driving experience for me. And I'm loving it.

Love love love the CVT and even though it's a 4 cyclinder, it has just enough pep for me. But then again, after the Expedition, anything has pep. I swear, in the Expedition, it laughed at me when I hit the gas!
  • Options
    Enjoy the ride! Have you tried the CVT in manual mode yet?
  • Options
    kmb1179kmb1179 Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I've tried the manual mode. I don't really get that whole concept, though. Just not sure of the point of having an automatic that you can drive like a manual.

I guess I just think that if I wanted a manual, I would have bought one.

What exactly is the point of manual mode?
  • Options
    Some people say they use it i guess cause it has engine braking i think...and some just use it cause they want to hear shift points. Thats just my thoughts-some people like it, others just get a manual anyways.
  • Options
    dhauerdhauer Member Posts: 16
    My name is Daniel and I am the Internet Sales Manager at a Nissan store near metro Detroit. We are a bit slow this morning so I decided to read some of these forums. I'm very surprised by the level of education some of you have and at the same time I'm laughing till it hurts at some of these posts. An example of this is the person who said the MSRP of the Altima they looked at was $26780 and they had a price of $22,000. Without question this is extremely unrealistic and someone is lying to someone. Just for kicks I pulled a 08 3.5SE with an MSRP of $26140. Invoice on this car is $24128 with no rebates. If we were desparate to sell an Altima to hit a goal from Nissan we might be willing to suck the holdback out of this car and let it go for around $23500. Now for example if this was an 2007 Altima you would have a $1000 rebate on the car taking the price down to $22500 +++. The only problem with this is that unless you happened to walk across the dumbest sales manager in town nobody is going to suck the holdback out of an 07 Altima just to get it over the curb. This is the car you can leave in the newspaper to bring all kinds of people in just because you can post some ridiculous numbers and actually back them up when someone comes in. The goal after you get the people in the door is to flip the customer to an 08 MY and move on. So if you in fact did run in to a complete moron sales manager who told you he would sell you an Altima 07 or 08 that has an MSRP of 26k + for 22k you should have signed for everything on the spot in case the acid wore off and they came to thier senses. Anyway have fun shopping, hope you find a good honest dealer, and try not to let them rip your heads off. Always remember that they do this everyday and you only do it every few years.
  • Options
    I really want to move on from that post cause its really getting old and pointless now. Just to make it clear, THE DEALER DIDNT THROW THAT 22K, I WAS GOING TO BRING THAT NUMBER. I haven't even spoken to any dealer at all. And also as I mentioned in previous post, 22K is really just a figure. it could be 23 or 23,500. I was just saying about an idea that i had thats all.

I appreciate many feedbacks that yall posted, you guys posted on whats reasonable and unreasonable. Thats why Imma just throw it out the window and just try to get the best deal possible.

Thankyou for everyones input.

Hopefully this would be the last of that particular topic...
  • Options
    And when I say "that post", I mean the 1 I originally started. Just wanted to make that clear just in case you got confused.

Your post was very convient and understandable and needed really. Thanks for posting. Its good to hear from someone that actually does the sales.
  • Options
    What exactly is the point of manual mode?

Originally it is supposed to give you a more sporty feeling. I am not sure which manufacturer came out with it first, but everyone is doing it. Once one manufacturer does it they all seem to do it . In other words keeping up with the Jones...

It is uneccesary in the CVT because the CVT is always in a power band to give optimum acceleration and pick up. I doubt you will ever need to use this feature. I know i wouldn't.

But congratulations once again.

GP
  • Options
    Thanks for posting. Its good to hear from someone that actually does the sales.

Ahh... hello...

I work for a Nissan store in Boston... Why do you think I tried to get you the correct information a few posts ago.

Danny welcome... You should check out stories from the front lines... you can find it in Negotiations..

GP
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Now, with all the respect, i have seen unbelievable prices all over the forums and i don't believe that "all of them are lying," because it won't make any sense either. I do believe we should all pay invoice price, since if any dealer goes for "300-500 over invoice, or 500 beloww MRSP," what's the point of this website or negotiating, since even the less experienced buyer will buy for 500 off the sticker price and since btw the invoice and mrsp there is only 1000-12000 avg in difference, there is no point in your remarks. I have seen dealers going for invoice and way below invoice, even without me even trying and with all the respect, that's including nissan. the only 2 major brands toyota and honda will give you a hard time, but you can get them at the very least at invoice. So as to how they make all those deals so often i am not sure, i guess they take the hit of the dealer holdback as long as they can get that volume $$$ they get from the manufacture. Your thoughts are welcome
  • Options
    greenpea68, I aint forgot you, your post was one of the ones that cleared it up for me.
  • Options
    Your thoughts are welcome

OK... it always nice to hear from a consumers point of view... ;)

I am really hoping you had a typo when you said...

since even the less experienced buyer will buy for 500 off the sticker price and since btw the invoice and mrsp there is only 1000-12000 avg in difference,

$1000- $12,000 is a big sweing in differance of vehicles. Average Mark up in $18,000 car $1000............. Avergae Mark Up in a $100,000 car $12,000

GP
  • Options
    mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    I was a typo, but my point was that if you go for a for instance 500 above invoice ahhh, you are just half way through. What i have also seen is that dealer "wave the dest fee, or will only charge a couple of hundreds for the same (i am not really sure is the dealer pays what it says on the internet for the"dest fee." in any event the issue is that now in days with internet, dealers have not an easy job to rip off our pockets. back in the days dealers were charging others 500 above mrsp (illegal in NJ) or giving you a 26% on interest rate (i am not making up, thi happened to a couple of family members and a person we know).
  • Options
    was a typo, but my point was that if you go for a for instance 500 above invoice ahhh, you are just half way through. What i have also seen is that dealer "wave the dest fee, or will only charge a couple of hundreds for the same (i am not really sure is the dealer pays what it says on the internet for the"dest fee." in any event the issue is that now in days with internet, dealers have not an easy job to rip off our pockets.

OK

GP
  • Options
    apprehensiveapprehensive Member Posts: 14
    GreenPea, Daniel, anyone

Interested in getting into an altima 36mo 12k mi/yr,

I want the lowest no frills model, even if it's a manual tran. Seatbelts would be nice ;)

Nissan has been pushing the 39 mo lease lately. Is this to sell the ext warranty stuff?

I'm reading to negotiate the price then have the dealer work numbers, how do I know they aren't changing mf or adding any other bs? I'd like to go 0 down (except I guess the first payment/acq/sec (in other words no cap cost reduc?)
    What an I looking at for monthly payment? My wife and I own a home, turning in camry lease, excellent credit.
    Thanks very much, also I live in Merrimack NH (southern, clos to Boston area)
  • Options
    anilpunjabianilpunjabi Member Posts: 61
    Ok guys just b/c ur getting as invoice does not mean you are actually getting the dealer's invoice. I will give you a simple example - Medicine. If you were to buy a bottle of advil at a mom and pop and it were to cost 5 dolars i bet the big cvs or grocer would sell it to you for 4 dollars. why? It is all about scales fo economy and purchaser leverage. I bought my altima for 500 under invoice. However I also bought it from the biggest nissan seller in PA - so since he sells so many cars he has bargaining power on purchasing the care from Nissan. Take this as an example and realty. Ok lets take the 2008 altima 3.5 se stickering at 32895. The cost of manufacturing at the factory is more along the lines of 15k. They sell it to the dealer at "invoice". However if your dealer is huge there invoice price is less than the price that a small nissan dealer will get. So even though we got ours for 29,575 - the dealer still made an easy 1k off of it - they need to make money to survive. It is also the same reason why wallmart can sell you that bottle of advil for 3 dollars - they just have so much leverage.
  • Options
    What an I looking at for monthly payment? My wife and I own a home, turning in camry lease, excellent credit.
    Thanks very much, also I live in Merrimack NH (southern, clos to Boston area)

When are you turning your lease in... Also if your are turning it in next year sometime what do you pay now? The reason I ask that question is to figure in any remaining payments...

The thing about the 39 months payment are just to lower your payments... Nissan doesn't do it to make you get a warranty....

GP
  • Options
    p1asmidp1asmid Member Posts: 1
    hi
    i got this deal and am wondering if it is a good deal. 2008 2.5 S w/ auto tranny (CVT) and no other options for $19,600 w/ 2.9% APR for 60 months. that is not including tax and tags. It says in Edmunds that the invoice for this car is 19,963. what do you all think?
  • Options
    apprehensiveapprehensive Member Posts: 14
    Happy T-giving.

I'm turning in the camry Apr 7. my payments are $175/mo. I'm assuming the best bet is to ride out the lease as the car is pristine and the miles are right where they should be.
    Thanks
  • Options
    karsickkarsick Member Posts: 312
    This being late November, what would be a reasonable low offer on a leftover 2007 (new) Altima 2.5S with a manual 6spd (with no extras)? :confuse:

There is supposedly a $1000 rebate (I hear that from several dealers I've talked to) that expires this weekend.

Thank you.
  • Options
    bitpohbitpoh Member Posts: 9
    The best quote I have gotten so far on a 2007 Altima 2.5s CVT with ABS (no other options) is $20,751 OTD. Is that a good price, or am I better off paying a little more for a 2008 equivalent?
  • Options
    radtomradtom Member Posts: 12
    See my post #1306 in this section. It will show you what we paid for a 2008 with CVT and some small options. ABS was included with the regular price of the car. We were $19,500 (round numbers) OTB including a $1,750 trade allowance. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    dphomedphome Member Posts: 1
    Found this quote recently here in NH. This 07 does not have ABS, but it seemed to be a pretty good first quote.

http://www.berlincity.com/index.asp?i=vehicle&dealer=BCF&stock=7B3036

-DP
  • Options
    willison00willison00 Member Posts: 4
    keikoe55 - sorry I'm just now responding - since I picked up my Altima on 11/17 I haven't been back on this website - anyway - the Houston dealer is Tom Peacock Nissan in Houston on I-45 North - the only add ons were the floor mats and splash guards - and yes - I did get it for $21,000 OTD - it was actually a very pleasant experience - they had me in and out the door in less than 45 minutes - good luck to you
  • Options
    keikoe55keikoe55 Member Posts: 24
    willison00-Thank you for your reply, did they offer you any good deal on the finance? have a great Holiday season.
  • Options
    Replying to: bitpoh (Nov 27, 2007 4:54 pm)

Found this quote recently here in NH. This 07 does not have ABS, but it seemed to be a pretty good first quote.

That price will include a $500 college grad reabate ;)

GP
  • Options
    Radtom, dphome and greapea68, thanks for your input. If I am reading your posts correctly, it would seem like the quote I got was reasonable, but not really a steal as I was led to believe. I may hold out for a little longer and see if it gets any better. Else I will just focus on a 2008.
  • Options
    speedr6speedr6 Member Posts: 4
    I'm about to purchase a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S with CVT including
    - Convenience package
    - Splash guard
    - Floor and Trunk Mats
    Out the door price 22,077 with 2.9% apr for 60mo
    Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    keikoe55keikoe55 Member Posts: 24
    2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S with CVT including
    - Convenience package
    - Splash guard
    - Floor and Trunk Mats
    Out the door price 22,077

their invoice should be $21072, really depends what state you at to considet a good deal or not( figure out the tax and fees.)
  • Options
    I'm in FL. The sales tax is 6.5 so for the invoice price, the tax would be 1,370. I'm not yet sure how much the dealer fees are but adding the taxes alone it's 22,442. I'm guessing the dealer fees and tag would add up to be additional 500. Basically i'm getting approx $1000 off invoice.
  • Options
    karsickkarsick Member Posts: 312
    Just need clarification....

Does the phrase "Out the Door Price" typically include sales tax???? (I assume NOT since some states don't even have a sales tax)

To me, "Out the Door Price" refers to the car price + "doc fees" + "destination fee".

Am I correct? :confuse:
  • Options
    alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Out the door means the total cost of the vehicle to drive it off the lot.
  • Options
    gabenlukegabenluke Member Posts: 5
    I live in N. Illinois and have got my decision down to the final 2. An '08 Altima SL 2.5 fully loaded w/o nav for $25,500 at 2.9% for 60 months (plus tax & lic) vs a Certified Used '06 Acura TL w/o nav for $26,500 at 4.9% for 60 months (plus T & L). Like both vehicles and would be happy with either. Looking for the best "bang for my buck". Any comments would be appreciated. :confuse:
  • Options
    Out the door price i quoted included sales tax as well as all the other fees.
    Options
    Convenience package
    Splash Guard
    Floor and Trunk Mats
    Out the door price - $22,077
  • Options
    nissan11nissan11 Member Posts: 5
    I am trying to buy a Nissan 08. Altima. I think you got a good deal. I am also in FL. Where in Fl did you buy from? City, company, agent please
  • Options
    I bought it from Reed Nissan in Orlando. I went to their website and filled out their inquiry form and when the agent contacted me i quoted him 22,000 OTD and he agreed after checking with his manager. I can't post the agen't name here but if you give me your email i can send you more info.
  • Options
    boxr_fanboxr_fan Member Posts: 2
    I live about 50 miles south of Chicago and got a quote from a dealer in Peru for an 08 Altima SL 2.5 with floor/trunk mats, aluminum kick plates, emergency aid package, splash guards, and moonroof wind deflector for $23,800 (not including taxes, title, & plates). Basically, it's fully loaded w/o nav. I'm seriously considering buying one.

The salesman was easy to work with. I just bought a Titon from him and would have to say it was about as easy as going to the store to buy a candy bar. BTW, this dealer will ship the car to your door, so you can buy w/o going to the dealership. I wanted to personally meet him before buying the Titon, but will probably just call him up and have them deliver the Altima if I decide to buy.
  • Options
    stinger5stinger5 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everybody,
    I bought 2008 Altima for $ 20880.00 out of the door not a penny more.Please tell me how do you like this price.(Dealer in Miami Fl) Including floor mats splash guards and trunk carpet.
  • Options
    Stinger5 I think you did very well! Congratulations! I got one myself today, though not as good a deal as yours: $21,190 (Northern California) OTD.
  • Options
    nadaflorilornadaflorilor Member Posts: 2
    just got an 08 blue, tan int, sl with conv pcg.20000 the car,tax,apr 2,9.and all the fees total 23.660.
    3500 down and 333/month...is this a deal or no?
    what do yoy think ?
    thank you.
  • Options
    sunilcarbuysunilcarbuy Member Posts: 1
    thanks for this info.

I'm looking for a Altima 3.5 SE
    +Sport Package S01 $

I'm going to the dealers this week/weekend.
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5S, with the CVT. No other options.

How much should I expect to pay? Would a target price of $19,000 even before taxes, doc fees, registration, etc be reasonable?

And would it be possible to add the Convenience Package and be able to buy the car for $20,000 or less before TTL?

And if my expected prices aren't reasonable, then what are reasonable prices with and without the Convenience Packages? Would going to a leftover 2007 model help with price?

I plan on taking the 1.9% APR financing in lieu of the $750 cash back, and I am located in Nashville, Tennessee.
  • Options
    fallsguyfallsguy Member Posts: 5
    In west suburban Chicago, I thought I did well to get a 2008 2.5S with CVT and no other options except the rocker panel covers and first aid kit and trunk floor mat for $20,000 before TTL. I also took the 1.9% financing. The only thing that irked me was the VIN etching that was hard coded on the sales contract for $259. They try to tell you it saves you on insurance , which I found to be total BS. I am happy with the car, but the VIN etching scam still makes me sour on the deal. Dealer was Glendale Nissan in Glendale Heights, Illinois
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Thanks; I was curious because each of the 3 area Nashville dealers I have contacted have all quoted prices in the $20,700-$20,900 range, which isn't very far from my $20,000 maximum (before taxes). I figure I could try to get them down to $19,500 or so..
  • Options
    Check my post # 1308 We bought a similar car for $19,507 plus tax etc. No rebate available to us at that time as we did not qualify for the college rebate. A leftover 2007 might save you some money, but since ABS is standard on the 08 and not the 07 you might end up being better off with an 08. We love the car. Hope this is helpful
  • Options
    Whoops, my post was 1306 not 1308. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    willison00willison00 Member Posts: 4
    keikoe55 - I got 2.9% for 60 months - you have a great Holiday season too
  • Options
    niandersnianders Member Posts: 2
    Hello all,

Since this site was helpful to me in purchasing my car last week I thought I should share that I ended up getting the base model 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5(dark slate-charcoal interior) w/ mats, splash guards, and a set of jumper cables.
    $18,995 + tax + registration=$20,800. Paid cash. Stockton, California

Thank you to all who posted in this forum