Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2000 Honda Civic Oil Capacity

donkimdonkim Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Honda
I just purchased it and it did not come with an owners manual. I put in 3.5 qts. and the dipstick shows its full, is that all it holds?

Comments

• tc93tc93 Member Posts: 19
    My 2001 Civic holds 3.4 qts. I realize there might be a difference between the 2000 and 2001, bit I suspect that's not the case.
  • donkimdonkim Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback, I drained out over 4 qts. , I suspect the dealer had overfilled it, (bought it from a Nissan dealer) and did not know the correct amount to put in. Anyway, there's Amsoil in it now, next I'm changing the auto trans fluid and filter. Don
  • rfruthrfruth Member Posts: 630
    Mine has the D16Y7 (plain ole 4 banger non V-TEC) engine and the docs say 3.6 quarts with filter, 3.3 quarts without. D16Y5 & Y8s 3.3 with filter, 3.0 without. The engine & transmission type is stamped on the block and is part of the VIN (when decoded) To get the most from your car RTFM (read the fine manual) hey I could be in marketing. Happy New Year !
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Hi Everyone,

Honda Civic problems/questions should be handled in our ongoing Honda Civic discussion. I'd like to invite you over there for further talks.

here's the link:

Honda Civic Problems

thank you

Shifty the Host

This discussion has been closed.