Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you shopping for a new car and having a hard time finding what you want or did you recently buy a car but had to settle for something different than what you originally wanted? A reporter wants to speak with you; please reach out to [email protected] by 10/22 for more info.

Detroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,125
edited September 2014 in General

imageDetroit Electric Recharged With 2014 SP:01

After an absence of more than 70 years, the automaker Detroit Electric has been revived and will begin sales of its limited-edition 2014 SP:01 battery-electric sports car this August.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• rayzorrayzor Posts: 61
    Wow, this would be an exciting new sports car if this was the year 2005. The looks is dated, the performance; not bad, the range just ok but the asking price, seriously!?!
  • Hmm... Looks a lot like my Tesla Roadster that I've had for four years now. This is somehow "new"?
  • ks55ks55 Posts: 8
    ......or I could buy a used Lotus Elise or Exige for less than 50k and pocket the difference.......Hmmmm.....135k or 50k ? Let me think for just a minute......Ok, Ok, I have my answer..........It is 50k for a used Lotus. Survey says...........Correct.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Posts: 156
    Tesla already built this car years ago, but just to lay the foundation for the Model S. If Detroit Electric intends to do the same, they better have a great idea waiting in the wings. And, hey, maybe there are those who missed out on the Tesla roadster and will get a second chance.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Posts: 827
    "the plant will have an annual capacity of 2,500 vehicles", "Production of the SP:01 will be limited to 999 units", "...not yet sure how much of a federal tax credit will apply". This all sounds really well thought out. They're also more than a little late to putting batteries in Lotuses. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one.