Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster had its convertible top repaired, but this is what happened when we picked it up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    So this is the second battery...the first one was killed by a map light in a little over an hour and the second was killed by the ignition being left on? There is a low-level short somewhere in there or the starter is on its way out and drawing too much power.
  • greenponygreenpony Chicago, ILPosts: 531
    These new cars with all their fancy battery-draining electronics... My wife's Optima sternly warns her not to use accessory mode because it apparently drains the battery quickly.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    And as before I am amazed that a $100k+ 2012 luxury car lacks the battery rundown protection feature found in my $16k 1996 Pontiac Sunfire.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Should it have battery rundown protection? Sure. But the car is not failing to start after a map light is left on for an hour and change due to not having battery rundown protection.
  • cost for the fix?