Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Choose your bad-boy muscle car: Edmunds' black and gold 2014 SLP Panther Camaro, or a flat-black Dodge Challenger.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I am sure I am in the minority, but I am totally over this black-out carp. Enough already. That Challenger looks absolutely horrible in that wrap (most likely).
  • cjasiscjasis Posts: 274
    Do you know what flat black looks good on? Absolutely nothing. It was a dumb trend that should have ended a long time ago and IMO, a car painted or wrapped in flat black is a tell tale sign of d-baggery in process.
  • I don't mind the flat-black look on rugged SUV's. Aside from that, I can't think of too many cars or crossovers that can pull off the flat-black look.
  • @markinnaples,

Or even worse, Plastidip!
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    Matte paint finish takes a lot of skill and maintenance to get right. I like the idea of it, but in practice it doesn't always come off so well. I feel like the all-black, from wheels to tint to even taillights thing has been overplayed. Time for matte finishes in different colors. Lambo did a nice matte baby blue if I recall correctly.
  • When I was a kid matte black was the primer we put over the crummy bondo job we did to mask it!
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Posts: 1,021
    Flat black can look good on a really well done rat rod made from a 30's american car. On pretty much anything else it just looks stupid.
  • I'm not a fan of the matte black, but I also understand that it's en vogue and there are a lot of people that are. I do want to say how remarkable these two cars look from the B-pillar on back.
  • I'm not a fan of the matte black, but I also understand that it's en vogue and there are a lot of people that are. I do want to say how remarkable these two cars look from the B-pillar on back.
  • what was he thinking parking his horribly done v6 challenger next to the panther?
  • what was he thinking parking his horribly done v6 challenger next to the panther?
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    I personally love matte black but I draw the line at two places 1. Leave the lights alone no tinting or wrapping its not worth the safety risk. 2. Absolutely no wraps if I am going to black out a car its going to be a professionally done paint job same with the wheels.
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    I personally love matte black but I draw the line at two places 1. Leave the lights alone no tinting or wrapping its not worth the safety risk. 2. Absolutely no wraps if I am going to black out a car its going to be a professionally done paint job same with the wheels.
  • Why is there so much fender gap on the camaro?