Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

image2014 SLP Panther Camaro Long-Term Road Test

Choose your bad-boy muscle car: Edmunds' black and gold 2014 SLP Panther Camaro, or a flat-black Dodge Challenger.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I am sure I am in the minority, but I am totally over this black-out carp. Enough already. That Challenger looks absolutely horrible in that wrap (most likely).
  • Options
    cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Do you know what flat black looks good on? Absolutely nothing. It was a dumb trend that should have ended a long time ago and IMO, a car painted or wrapped in flat black is a tell tale sign of d-baggery in process.
  • Options
    arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    I don't mind the flat-black look on rugged SUV's. Aside from that, I can't think of too many cars or crossovers that can pull off the flat-black look.
  • Options
    goaterguygoaterguy Member Posts: 64
    @markinnaples,

Or even worse, Plastidip!
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Matte paint finish takes a lot of skill and maintenance to get right. I like the idea of it, but in practice it doesn't always come off so well. I feel like the all-black, from wheels to tint to even taillights thing has been overplayed. Time for matte finishes in different colors. Lambo did a nice matte baby blue if I recall correctly.
  • Options
    donszr1_donszr1_ Member Posts: 7
    When I was a kid matte black was the primer we put over the crummy bondo job we did to mask it!
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Flat black can look good on a really well done rat rod made from a 30's american car. On pretty much anything else it just looks stupid.
  • Options
    aquineas_aquineas_ Member Posts: 6
    I'm not a fan of the matte black, but I also understand that it's en vogue and there are a lot of people that are. I do want to say how remarkable these two cars look from the B-pillar on back.
  • Options
    aquineas_aquineas_ Member Posts: 6
    I'm not a fan of the matte black, but I also understand that it's en vogue and there are a lot of people that are. I do want to say how remarkable these two cars look from the B-pillar on back.
  • Options
    nousernameenousernamee Member Posts: 6
    what was he thinking parking his horribly done v6 challenger next to the panther?
  • Options
    nousernameenousernamee Member Posts: 6
    what was he thinking parking his horribly done v6 challenger next to the panther?
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I personally love matte black but I draw the line at two places 1. Leave the lights alone no tinting or wrapping its not worth the safety risk. 2. Absolutely no wraps if I am going to black out a car its going to be a professionally done paint job same with the wheels.
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I personally love matte black but I draw the line at two places 1. Leave the lights alone no tinting or wrapping its not worth the safety risk. 2. Absolutely no wraps if I am going to black out a car its going to be a professionally done paint job same with the wheels.
  • Options
    henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    Why is there so much fender gap on the camaro?