Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

New RAM 1500 Quality

2»

Comments

• Options
    02ramman02ramman Member Posts: 62
    Have an 02 ram QC and there appears to be no room behind rear seat and the back of the cab. Might be able to take the seat out and find some room, but it looks tight with them installed. Hope this helps
    Steve
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Usual install is under the rear seats. Only thing that will fit behind the seats are the amps. Especially 12" subs. A lot of speaker manufacturers have custom boxes for under the rear seats.
  • Options
    eleets00eleets00 Member Posts: 27
    for responding. I've left several messages on the Ford for advice & no responses. Thanks for being helpful...
  • Options
    akjbmwakjbmw Member Posts: 231
    I am watching to see the quality from the perspective of no or at least few failures and how Dodge deals with them.
    There are folks in the GM camp that have had failures that GM is not fixing.
    The length of the warrantee means nothing if they don't honor it.
    Yes, I drive a Chevy. I shopped for a Ford, and was surprised to buy a Chevy. It was beyond warrantee so I am not in that boat.
    I am reading your experiences to see if my next truck will be a Dodge.
    Got a friend with a Dodge Truck that sits in his driveway waiting for the lease to end. Something about the brakes wearing out in less than 5K miles and the local dealer thinks it's normal.
    I want to know about the new truck quality and reliability.
    Thanks
  • Options
    tartan1tartan1 Member Posts: 2
    akjbmw:
    I have driven my 2000 Dodge Ram 4x4 QC 24K miles and been extremely happy with it. I have owned a Ranger, and two Toyota pickups and the I like the Ram the best. No problems (knock on wood) yet. However, I would go for a Ram Offroadster with the beefed up shocks and bigger tires. I have hit the axel just going over curbs and dropping stuff off at the landfill. I may end up putting larger tires on it eventually to get around this. I think I should mention the cab comfort in regards to the seats. I have had 3 back surgeries and found the seats to be unparralleled in truck comfort. They are really supportive for my back. The truck rides nice as well. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    penrosepenrose Member Posts: 31
    Recently my 2002 Ram 1500 has been showing zero oil pressure for a couple seconds causing my check gauge light to come on. This only lasts a second or two then the pressure goes back up and the light and warning tone go off. My concern is that it only does this when you slow down to under 15mph, when the oil pressure is at its lowest. Only have 5700 miles on the 4.7. Have an appointment on Monday with dealer.
  • Options
    02ramman02ramman Member Posts: 62
    Penrose,

There is a TSB out for this. It is an update to the PCM. The zero oil pressure will set of your check gauges light. The update will slow down the updates from the oil pressure sensor, eliminating the drop to zero and the check gauges light. Your actual engine oil pressure is fine. Good luck at the dealer!
    02ramman
  • Options
    penrosepenrose Member Posts: 31
    02ramman,
    Thank you for the information. My 5 star dealer knew nothing about this and could not duplicate it, during the two days they had my truck. I will bring back this information to the dealer. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.