2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,137
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

I made countless laps up the freeway in our long-term 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI in July 2013. This car is ridiculously comfortable.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• pantherman5pantherman5 Member Posts: 12
    After doing extensive researches and reading long-term reviews from Edmunds and About.com, I also became an owner of a 2013 Passat TDI SEL. Thank you for providing these great long term reviews.

Coming from an E46 sedan, there are things to get used to - steering and braking.

I'm not too crazy with this electro-mechanical steering system. I feel completely disconnected from the road. However, it is one smooth steering wheel to turn, I have to say.

As for brake, it is not too bad, just that the pedal travel isn't linear with braking force, similar with what the author describes. Perhaps I need more time to get used to this brake.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    What's so bad about the paint on your house. Not seeing an issue in the top picture, but then I have been described as "decoratively blind".
  • karbuffkarbuff Member Posts: 34
    First thing that came to mind when I saw the house was Michael J Fox opening the garage and seeing a brand new 1985 toyota pick up just waxed by Biff. Congrats though.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    good descriptions, thanks Erin, and good luck with the new house. I bet you will be making good use of the new Silverado and Santa Fe during the next year