Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

We plan on driving our 2013 Tesla Model S where it's cold and snowy this winter, so we bought some snow tires.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• gslippygslippy Posts: 514
    "But our hand was forced in the case of the Model S because nobody makes a 245/35R21 all-season tire." This, plus the high price, plus the sensitivity of a 35-series tire to road imperfections, certainly makes the 19-inch seem more attractive.
  • Hopefully you won't have to drive with a bubble in the sidewall.

LOL.
  • If you were not Edmunds.com, a rental car would have been the cheaper and more practical option.
  • nicadnicad Posts: 3
    Great that you will be venturing into winter with the Tesla. I have always found those Pirellis are a great compromise when you are on dry roads. Keep piling the miles on.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Winter tires in 35-section size. You're out of your minds. You could have spent another grand and gotten dedicated 19-inch wheels and tires. 45 series tires are not the best choice for winter tires, but they are light years better than 35 series. I understand you want to try this trip, but...with these ultra-low-profile tires, a car with a short refueling radius that becomes significantly shorter the worse the winter weather you encounter...you're putting a square peg into a round hole here.
  • Interested to see how much power loss you guys get in the cold? I know anything I have that runs on batteries always loses charge faster in the cold so I assume the Tesla would be the same, right?