Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

We review the fuel economy in our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe for February.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    Well, that's not very impressive - mostly highway miles but still can't even reach the combined figure - and 20 mpg is a very reachable combined figure for this class of vehicle, I would say.
  • legacygtlegacygt Posts: 599
    @fordson1: You may not be impressed by the efficiency of the Santa Fe but you can't say 20 mpg is "very reachable" for this class. Edmunds had a long term Explorer with an underpowered ecoboost engine and front wheel drive and that car just crac
  • s197gts197gt Posts: 486
    I think the average for this vehicle on Fuelly's website is 20mpg. for a vehicle that is driven by a bunch of people who don't own it and get free gas... I think 19.4 is pretty darn good.

Fuelly's averages are pretty reliable from what I have seen. That website is what I used to research our CX-9's real world mpg before purchasing it. IIRC it was 18mpg and that is what we have been averaging with a good mix of city/highway.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Posts: 827
    @legacygt: I don't necessarily agree on the value of these vehicles. Now, if we're comparing to Sequoia, Suburban, and Expedition owners who like a bigger vehicle and need/want six or seven passenger capacity or the cargo space, but don't need the towing
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    Hey, looks like somebody's doing some wheeling! You're at about 2 on the 10 point scale there. Where did you go?
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    @legacygt - fair enough, but I'm looking at a curb weight of 4068 lb. for this vehicle - I'm thinking the minivans and the Explorer were all like 500 lbs. heavier, and all were taller and wider=more frontal area. And I would hope Hyndai's AWD system woul