Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS Convertible includes discussion of the broken convertible top.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zcalvertzcalvert Posts: 76
    I realize this was a press car before you got it and likely led a rough life... but still, there's no way this should happen on an up-level benz.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Posts: 365
    Did this by chance happen when someone was driving above the rated speed for raising/lowering the top? The only time I've ever seen a modern convertible top fail catastrophically was when a buddy was trying to raise the top in his Boxster at 45mph (yes, he is an idiot).
  • alex4515alex4515 Posts: 29
    I'm picturing this happening like when a clock breaks in the cartoons...springs, bolts, screws, all sorts of stuff flying every which way.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    I was going to say something snarky about how my Miata's top can be raised and lowered in seconds with a single hand, but then I remembered all the times I smashed my thumb while doing that.
  • April fools?
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Posts: 0
    German reliability there right in front of you!