Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Volkswagen Golf R (FAQ)

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Detroit Auto Show: 2015 Volkswagen Golf R (FAQ)

The 2015 Volkswagen Golf R is a high-performance hatchback that will arrive in dealers in early 2015.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• The big (as yet unanswered) question is whether or not the stability and traction control can be fully disabled. I love hot hatches (currently own a Focus ST), and I've heard great things about the GTI and Golf R. As a regular autocrosser, though, fully defeatable stability control is a must, so I've always had to scratch VW hatches off my shopping list.
  • banhughbanhugh Posts: 315
    "How Many Body Styles Are There?
    The 2015 Golf R will be sold as a four-door hatchback only, rather than offering a choice of two or four doors as is the case with the current Golf R."

And yet, the photos right above this statement with the caption "2015 Volkswagen Golf R Picture" show a 2 door car...
  • Normally, this is the part where I would inquire about the future availability of the Scirocco R sports coupe, especially since the Golf R will no longer be available as a 2-door. Instead I think that I would probably be wasting my time. Perhaps Volkswagen will continue to tease us with more road tests of a car that will not be available in the U.S. I would like to think that perhaps the elimination of the 2-door Golf R might be a prelude to the introduction of the Scirocco coupe, but I don't want to get my hopes up, only to be disappointed. Oh well....
  • marcos9marcos9 Posts: 96
    I'd rather have an R wagon - preferably a Passat R wagon. Now that would be cool. I like hot hatches, but for those with a family, it's too damn small.
  • Engine specs look good on paper. AWD should give it a real performance edge over FWD predecessors. Will be interested to see test drive reports. And pictures of the 4-door, not the 2-door which won't even be offered in the US.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    This is a VW - crankshaft hp specs = what's found at the wheels, torque even higher. 330 hp and 340 torque at the crank, if history is any indication. Evo is competition? Golf R is near-luxury HB; Evo is brilliant-performing ham can.
  • Enlightenment can be found in the photo captions, gents...

@genereb - see caption for photo #4
    @banhugh - see caption for photo #1 (the photo you're referencing)
  • but... can you turn the traction/stability control OFF?