Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Patience and packing tape: what it takes to remove dog hair from our 2013 Scion FR-S's seats.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Lint roller!
  • cjasiscjasis Posts: 274
    Agree with Alex4515.... we've had very good luck using a cheap lint roller.
  • Shop Vac works best for me.
  • fordson1fordson1 Posts: 1,512
    I agree, that's BS. Any upholstery shampoo directions tell you to vacuum off any loose dirt (like dog hair) before using the shampoo.

Tip: take a plant mister or any spray bottle that will atomize and give it a couple of shots before using the shop vac on it, doing a couple square feet at a time. The water mist won't get it wet, but it will kill the static charge that holds the hair onto the material.
  • I smell laziness. Plus a little bit of dog funk
  • A hand-held lint removal brush is sometimes faster than tape.
  • I pay a flat monthly fee to wash my car as often as I like (usually about once a week). They actually do a good job vacuuming but they want an extra $10 a month to do the doors. Screw that. Instead, I have a packing tape gun for waxing dog hair (very effective for removing evidence of dog occupancy from rental cars!), a bottle of Meguiar's interior detailer and some shop towels.

I have a machine washable dog hammock for the back seat, bolster-covering covers for the front seats and a seatbelt harness/zipline for the furry passenger. Together, they do a pretty respectable job of keeping the car presentable.