Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook Transmission Problem

kenco4kenco4 Posts: 1
edited October 2014 in Saturn
Five months ago I purchased a Saturn with 60,000 miles. Yesterday upon leaving my driveway it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Turned around , put it in the garage & tried to backup, put it in reverse & the vehicle would not move and the tranny made a loud whine. For the past two weeks the tranny made a loud " clunk " when it shifted into second, also on the highway it wouldn't shift into high gear & was running at 2500 rpm. Is this an electronic issue or more ?
I've heard that many others have experienced this same problem.....does GM have a re-call on this ?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 180,054
    kenco4 said:

Five months ago I purchased a Saturn with 60,000 miles. Yesterday upon leaving my driveway it wouldn't shift out of first gear. Turned around , put it in the garage & tried to backup, put it in reverse & the vehicle would not move and the tranny made a loud whine. For the past two weeks the tranny made a loud " clunk " when it shifted into second, also on the highway it wouldn't shift into high gear & was running at 2500 rpm. Is this an electronic issue or more ?
    I've heard that many others have experienced this same problem.....does GM have a re-call on this ?

852 posts in this discussion:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/9018/saturn/outlook/saturn-outlook-transmission-problems#latest

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator