Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Rodeo headlights stopped working.

dfarrdfarr Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Isuzu
my low beam's just stop working. i have had fuses, bulb's, and relay checked all is working, high beam's and all other lights are working what could be wrong 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

Comments

• pfstapppfstapp Member Posts: 2
    Having same problem on 1998 Passport
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    The circuit works by feeding power to each of the lamps through their respective fuses, and then control the ground circuits for them with the multi-function switch. The Red/Black wire is the ground circuit for the high beam and since they work that confirms the entire circuit through the multi-function switch and it's ground. The Yellow/Red controls the ground circuit for the low beam lamp operation. That circuit has to be open between the headlights and the multi-function switch ground connection. Normal voltage drop testing routines should lead directly to the failure, and basically either the switch has failed or the wire is broken between the splice for the low beams and the switch assembly.
  • Missa74Missa74 Member Posts: 1
    My headlights completely quit on my 1998 rodeo sport. Still have tail lights and running lights. Switch? Maybr? Help!!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Check the post above yours for some hints.