Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Windshield "mist" in bright sunshine on Lexus ES 350.

neganega Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Lexus
I just purchased a used 2011 ES350. When there is direct sunshine coming through the windshield - usually mornings and early evening, it appears that there is a mist on the glass or fine glitter embedded in the glass. It is very "sparkly"--appears to be the entire windshield . Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Is this just a characteristic of this model?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might have to have it examined by an Auto Glass shop. It could be a number of things, such as simple tree sap....but it could also be wind or sand damage (called divots I think), or it could be a defect in the glass surface IF you have heat-reflective glass on that model (I don't know that for sure).

An auto glass shop could recommend the safest way of attempting to clean the windshield and possibly eliminating most of the problem--but if they find divots from sand blasting, there's not much you can do.