Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Can I get out of my lease or get a different Jeep if already having manufacturer issues after 2 week

ekasekas Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in Jeep
I signed a lease on a New 2015 Jeep Cherokee. After no more than two weeks, I started experiencing problems with the breaks.

When I would begin to break, the RPMs would shoot up and my car would start to accelerate (while foot on the break) and caused me to almost rear end multiple cars.

I brought it to the dealer right away and they claim to have never seen this issue before. Took them 5 days to determine what "might" be wrong, and they said the parts that they need to fix it were expected to arrive a little more that a week and a half after that.

Still don't have my car back..... what do I do? am I protected in any way?

Answers

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    A lot depends on the dealer.

Can You Return the Car You Just Bought?

Did they give you a loaner? If not, I'd ask for one.
  • ekasekas Posts: 3
    yes i have one
  • ekasekas Posts: 3
    can i get a new car? this is so dangerous. this was a manufacturer flaw.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,221
    ekas said:

can i get a new car? this is so dangerous. this was a manufacturer flaw.

Leasing is no different than buying.... you have to give them a chance to fix it.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator