Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently bought/leased a new car online and requested a home delivery due to coronavirus? A reporter would like to speak to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 4/2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2015 Ford F-150 Earns Up to 22 MPG Combined; Pickup Bound for Dealers Now | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited November 2014 in Ford
image2015 Ford F-150 Earns Up to 22 MPG Combined; Pickup Bound for Dealers Now | Edmunds.com

Ford today revealed official fuel economy figures for the 2015 F-150 pickup truck, the most-anticipated stat for the all-new, aluminum-bodied new generation of the country's best-selling vehicle. The drastically light-weighted new F-150's fuel economy solidly beats its full-size competitors, but isn't as radical an improvement as some might have hoped.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 19/26 mpg is seriously impressive for a full-size 325-hp pick-up; that would have beaten a Malibu V6 (17/26 mpg) just two years ago.

Also, efficiency and fuel economy are different things. F-150 2.7 is more efficient than Ram EcoDiesel when you consider that diesel fuel has 15% more BTUs per gallon than gasoline.
  • The ecoboost never delivers in real world mpgs though. People also complain they lose power over the years.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 14,223
    edited November 2014
    My wife and I both have 2.0 ecoboost engines. Her AWD Escape averages less than the EPA average, but she drives in high traffic conditions. My Fusion averages well over the EPA average, but I drive in less stop and go. Our commutes are basically the same.
    2019 Lincoln MKZ Reserve 1, 2017 Ford F-150 Limited
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,403
    I do miss having a pickup. While the mileage of the F-150 is really good for a truck, I don't know if "car mileage" is possible to achieve in a pickup while retaining the power/performance you expect or need in a truck
  • 19/26 is very good, but Chrysler is getting 18/25 in the RAM with it's base V6
    We were told by Ford that switching to aluminum was essential for fuel economy. Maybe with an 8-speed, Ford can achieve 20/27 on RWD. That would be impressive. Also why not a base 2.3 liter ecoboost 4 with stop/start, 270hp and 8-speed? Ford should be able to get 21/28.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 5,257
    What is Ford doing to protect the body from corrosion? Historically aluminum components have a habit of delaminating and essentially turning to dust especially in the rust belt.