Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Pilot Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• Options
    mattchalmersmattchalmers Member Posts: 159
    If you have the dimmer knob (the trip mileage reset knob - rotate clockwise or counterclockwise) set to the brightest setting, the Nav will not dim when you turn on the head lights. Turn the knob two "clicks" counter-clockwise and you will be all set. Bright with the lights off and dimmed with the lights on.
  • Options
    hoshos Member Posts: 31
    mattchalmers provided the solution that I came up with. There are a few things about this car (e-xl + nav) that are strange. 1) Why doesn't this model have power passenger seat adjustments? 2) The car has heated side mirrors but does not have a sensor for turning the headlight on/off automatically based on outside brightness. This way I would not have to manually fiddle with the dimmer switch if I want to use my headlights and keep the nav on the day background mode!!! 3) I expected the highest model of the Pilots to have folding side mirrors(at least as an option). Besides, pilot is the widest SUV in its class. 4)The only way climate control pushes air to the back seat via the middle counsel is when the mode is set to -> for vent, and no other mode. 5) The key/remote_entry module is huge. A folding key would have been a great idea. Nowadays a lot of lesser expensive cars come wired for MP3 and blue tooth. This car did not have these. These little things plus a shabby 14.5 miles per gallon turned me off a little but I still enjoy the smooth and quiet ride of this car.
  • Options
    hoshos Member Posts: 31
    Low tire pressure is not indicated by an explaimation symbol. This yellow symbol you see is because you have turn off the traction control. The key is right next to the interior light control key, and the cruise control key. I made the same mistake and figured out my mistake later on.
  • Options
    boughtalemonboughtalemon Member Posts: 28
    Gymshoe,when you take your car to the dealer, please let me know what they did, if anything and if it helped. They changed my fuel pump again on last Thursday and, knock wood, no noise so far. Honda rep said that it is a "characteristic" of the Pilots (he insisted it's only the 2007, obviously it's the '06 as well)and I told him that they should show this characteristic in the manual or specifications and have the dealers mention it to their clients. He said they cannot put every singe characteristic in the book. I just hope lots of potential Pilot buyers read these messages and change their mind. Who wants a noisy ride?
  • Options
    fx35awdfx35awd Member Posts: 218
    Has anyone upgraded their Honda Pilot wheels and tires up to 18-inch? I am considering it. My 2004 Honda EX-L Navi original tires are worn out pretty much at 45,000 miles. I thought I should upgrade to the 18-inch to get better handling. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Options
    keankean Member Posts: 11
    I also notice a high pitch sound on my 06 pilot and I'd only heard it when Im outside. And when I try to figure out where it is coming from, its from the middle on drivers side because when I walked to passenger side and even to hood I could barely hear it.I will report this to the dealer on my next change oil.
  • Options
    kipkkipk Member Posts: 1,576
    Installing larger wheels/tires may affect accuracy of your speedometer and who knows what other speed sensing devices.. Of course taller wheels and lower profile tires that would equal the same tire circumference of the OEM set up should not affect anything.

Kip
  • Options
    boscoeboscoe Member Posts: 6
    It's really sad how poor the nav system is in the 05 pilot.
    can anyone tell me if there's anyway to upgrade to the MDX version or upgrade the functionality of it somehow. with portable nav systems at $400 now, this $1500 dollar option was as real waste.
    Does the latest map update do anything for functionality?
    HELP
    thanks
  • Options
    yscab1yscab1 Member Posts: 1
    Recently my "D" drive light has been blinking on my 2003 Pilot. When I turn off the car and re-start it, the light goes out. It doesn't happen all the time but wondering what it might mean? Any suggestions?
    Thank you
  • Options
    user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    your manual no doubt addresses this; something related to the transmission or shift control is not right and you need to have it diagnosed.
  • Options
    gmoney2gmoney2 Member Posts: 31
    The blinking "D" indicator is a warning light for the transmission, so you need to get it checked out ASAP. Hopefully it's nothing major, and the problem is caught before any real damage is done. It can be something simple such as not enough transmission fluid, so you may want to check this first. Do you notice anything wrong while driving? A few weeks ago, I had the D incator on my 2003 Pilot start blinking (see my post - message #2232). I ended up having to get a new transmission! Needless to say, I was shocked and very unhappy. My Pilot only had 39k miles on it. Please let me know the outcome of your problem, I am quite curious.
  • Options
    postsposts Member Posts: 5
    Have only had Pilot for 3 weeks, and I had a bad feeling at dealership when I picked up my new 07 pilot, had a major power surge, but left with my pilot. Well 3 weeks later, and lets just say The Pilot stalled out in Dunkin donut pulling out, then after that driveing on the MASS. turnpike, where I almost killed my self trying to stop it with a stalled Engine!!!. The Pilot is at dealership, and they cant find anything wrong with it, nor no stored codes in computer. I have called america honda, and they cant/wont give me a new pilot!!!, The Dealership is BOCH honda in MASS... They would rather make me drive this Pilot with 312 miles on it, and take the chance of me killing my self, or someone else rather than to just replace it with a new one... HELP!!!! This is the 2nd pilot I have bought from BOCH honda, and Now I know they dont care for my family's life's, or anyone elses... I hope someone cares, and can help Thanks The posts....
  • Options
    i don't know how much help someone is going to be able to provide you via the web, but here's some thoughts.

what do you mean by a major power surge? is that some uncontrolled acceleration event?

and stalled... did it stall when you were under power on the MASS Pike or coasting? was the cruise engaged at the time?

and when pulling out of Dunkin Donuts, were you at idle before you pulled out?

when you report a problem like this, you have to be pretty unambiguous with your anecdotal reporting.

actually, don't get upset - but if you get the vehicle back and it does it again, you're really going to have to be more of an active aid in the sleuthing process, and i'll tell you why.

it's possible some portion of the pre-delivery wasn't done to the vehicle. one thing i think they'll probably do for you is something called an idle re-learn procedure where they get the vehicle to re-learn how much air and fuel the vehicle needs to idle properly.

another thing they'll probably do is hook up a diagnostic machine and see if the accelerator pedal foot position commanded is transferred properly to the throttle body valve, and that there is no sticking of that valve...maybe even replace it.

they'll probably be looking at things electrical too. a faulty ignition system component or engine control / management computer... there are probably a number of reasons a vehicle may behave like this.

so, you want there to be SOMETHING that they've actively done to narrow the problem space before you leave with the car...and if you have to bring it back.

so i suggest before picking it up you demand to see documented proof of your problem report but also that they've investigated / diagnosed some of the systems, and done something to reduce the likelyhood of it happening again.

you're claiming a power surge and a stall, and if i were in your position and this were my car, i'd expect them and have them do the idle relearn and replace the throttle body assembly pro-actively.

now to be honest, and i think most readers will agree with me, this is one of those problems that may be fairly hard to replicate and fix, specially if there is no code being thrown or stored by the system. there are some problems like this that regardless of make and model are sort of difficult to track because they are so very infrequent.

there are devices (data recorders) that they can place on the vehicle to constantly record data from various sensors and the engine or transmission control computers from the OBD (on board diagnostics) interface.

if you are being sent on your way with nothing done, firmly demand them to instrument the vehicle for a few weeks using one of these as they need to get a snapshot of what's happening before during and after the event.

if they aren't willing to do it now, have them write up the fact that you are expecting them to do this now before leaving with the car, and also should you have any subsequent problems.

be very calm, rational and positive. i don't think you'll get anywhere good and fast by bad mouthing your dealership...they didn't build the vehicle.

you want to work with them to find and fix the problem. a vehicle which stalls or surges is a safety issue. they shouldn't try to convince you that you don't have a problem. i do not believe that they don't care about people's safety.

i suggest as i wrote before a confident and affirming approach, one that clearly communicates to them that they are dealing with a safety issue which you've experienced two or three times since taking delivery... if they are not in a position to provide a new vehicle to you, you want to see evidence they are pro-actively addressing the issue with documented actions taken, that you suggest certain things be done at a minimum, but also that the vehicle is instrumented to capture subsequent events.

good luck.
  • Options
    Of course they don't care about you. Profit is what they care about. I had less than 300 miles and asked what they would give me for it if I traded it in. 20% less than what I paid was the answer, so I keep driving it.
    I see there are a lot of complaints here about the Pilot. I hope potential Pilot buyers read these and decide to buy some other car, the Pilot is not worth the price you pay.
  • Options
    Profit and tradition of producing safe / reliable transportation aren't inconsistent.

You've been having a problem with a noisy fuel pump. You got it replaced and it is silent now or not?

I sense there's a way to get what you want so you can be satisfied with your purchase (I'm not speaking directly to you or your issue, but having a problem diagnosed and fixed regardless). I think it starts with the correct attitude and approach.

Anyway, do you really think your Pilot isn't a good value?
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, the pilot stalled when I picked up my foor and went to push on the break pedal, in dunkin donuts, as well did the same thing on the MASS turnpike, I was going to STOP at the toll booth, and it just stalled, I had to put it in "N" and start it back up to get it under control. The Honda Dealer has had it for 1 week now, and NOTHING, No codes,ect were stored, and they have been checking everything, Even a big corp tech has been going over the pilot from front to back, and still nothing. I dont care, Their is no way I'am driveing that pilot ever again, I'am not gona risk my daughters life, by saying well what if???. When you take your foot of the GAS pedal, and it stalls out say going down a hill anyone is Screwed!!!, I just dont want that for my family. OOPS the Power surge thing was when we were at BOCH honda, I was sitting in the truck with my sales person setting up the NAV, the truck was running, then all of a sudden it like cut out, lights went dim engin almost stalled,ect, then the truck picked up as normal... I'am done either they need to give a new pilot, or I guess I will have to get the proper people involved and take a class action on them. No one would want a brand new pilot that stalls out when going to break, and they cant fix it... Thank You...
  • Options
    first off, i can tell you are very frustrated by your experiences with the truck and also by virtue of the fact you're using boldface type.

i'd say that based on your descriptions, all three times the unit stopped / stalled when idling. you didn't have what i'd consider a surge or uncontrolled acceleration event based on what you wrote.

therefore, i'm even more inclined to think the thing needs to have the idle-relearn, and have the instrumentation put on the truck. they probably aren't going to solve the issue leaving it idling in the service bay for example.

class action? no, that's what a group of people do when a group of people are having an issue, i think you mean some other legal action.

most people have owned vehicles that have died on them, and most people also have children and wouldn't want to place them knowingly in an unsafe vehicle.

bring your daughter and spouse with you to see the sales rep. who sold you the truck. have him/her bring you directly over to see the service manager. so they've had the truck for a week... speak with them face to face calmly and politely and ask them, knowing that they don't know what's going on with the vehicle, what are they going to do for your family?

then be ready to tell them exactly what you want them to do for you.
  • Options
    I have spoke to them face to face!!!, They said their is nothing wrong with the Pilot, and that they would give me a 7year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty...We have told them, as well as america honda we dont want to take any chances in that Pilot, with it stalling out again it is a safty issue. Believe me I have talked to the GM... of Boch honda, and he doesn't care what so ever... So I guess I will have to buy another one somewhere else take a big hit on the pilot with 312 miles on it, ot Pick up the Pilot and take a chance on it??? No way... But once again thanks for your input. Believe me I have tried to talk to them face to face,ect They just dont care for my famile's life!!!
  • Options
    justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    Did they do anything to your car at all? Did they at least try something like the idle learn? I am sure that they would fix it if they could find out what is causing this. They must be frustrated, too. Ask the general manager to drive it home for a couple days to see if it acts up on him.
  • Options
    jacquelineojacquelineo Member Posts: 1
    Thank you for posting this solution for the door/window noise on the Honda Pilot. I have taken my Pilot to TWO dealerships. The first dealership took the vehicle for a test drive and stated that the noise was just road noise. The second dealership has attempted to repair the problem twice, and they have NOT been able to resolved this issue. I have printed your posting to take to the Honda dealership for third try to fix the noise issue.
  • Options
    They have tried everything I guess, Just tired of all the BS!!!, from BOCH honda. What it comes down to is that We/me and my wife arent willing to take a chance again with the pilot!!! Period... It needs to be exchanged, then we will feel safe in a new pilot, then the dealership can do whatever they want with it. Its all about SAFETY!!!! and at this point I dont want to take any more chances with it stalling out in traffic, or comeing to a STOP... Thanks...
  • Options
    ftccontactftccontact Member Posts: 1
    in spite of the negative comments, i continue to be interested in this vehicle with the option of either and '05 or '06.
    aside from what's already been discussed, any add'l considerations both mechanically or otherwise would be apprecieted.
  • Options
    please don't take this the wrong way, but when you indicate they have tried everything, but in another post you imply they haven't done anything... you're not being specific enough and at the same time sort of contradictory.

i believe you have to give them an opportunity to fix the vehicle.

it's clear you want out, and specifically you want out of this particular pilot.

sorry i couldn't provide you with something useful. good luck.
  • Options
    mattchalmersmattchalmers Member Posts: 159
    In my opinion, the major difference in the two model years is the air bag system. The 05 has bags up front, the 06 has front air bags, side air bags in the front seats and full curtains all the way to the third row of seats.

I think the 06 also introduced a 2wd version.

We have an 06 that we purchased back in September. We have really enjoyed the vehicle. Check out hondapilot.org There are many owners there that will give you an even more detailed explanation of the goods and bads of the Pilot line.
  • Options
    Sometimes things just happen and don't ever happen again.

A year or so ago our 03 Pilot decided it didn't want to start one morning. Battery was strong but it just refused to start. Constant grinding wasn't getting anywhere, but 2-3 second tries did produce some sputtering. It did eventually start with a black smoke cloud.

Never did that again. Don't know if computer registered anything or not. Every once in a while it will surge with a light throttle going up hill. Usually just before the engine has reached full operating temperature. Maybe once a month.

The 03 CR-V has done some silly things "ONE TIME" also.

I can understand the frustration and the fear of having the engine quit. Problem is that you don't know if it will ever do it again or if whatever Make, Brand, or Model you trade for might do the same thing. The ILP is easy to do. Certainly worth a try! You can do that yourself.

I know from working at IBM for 30 years, as an outside service rep, that a board or relay that wasn't properly "seated" can cause all types of problems and never register a code. Your dealer may have "FIXED" the problem without knowing it, if they were checking components.

I would definitely want "HONDA" involved in this.

We all need to keep in mind that this forum deals with problems and solutions. Probably the "Problem and Solution" forums of other type vehicles will reveal shortcomings of those brands as well.

Kip
  • Options
    good point. remember the term bug? didn't it come about with one of the first computing systems where an actual bug flew into the machine and shorted out some circuitry?

people need to know all you need is a hair-line fracture on a printed circuit board trace (connector), or perhaps what they called a cold solder joint (a solder point that didn't receive the proper heat or amount of solder to make a reliable connection), and a very complicated computer system becomes susceptible to vibration, shock, and/or is sensitive to heat or change of temperature.

stalling is generally a no-joy scenario... i've read posts by people in other forums that have had that issue because of fuel pump / gas tank design peculiarities, or throttle body actuators/position sensor problems. a faulty design is one thing, but there is such a thing as a part that falls outside the norm.

with increased system complexity comes the side effect that systems fail (or perhaps work - heh heh) in more complicated and difficult to understand ways by average consumer.

because of computerization, these systems may tend towards becoming more feature rich and functional. problem is, that makes it harder for the average joe, and probably even a seasoned tech to diagnose, specially if the system isn't throwing and storing the appropriate code.

i'd like to see somewhere down the road - systems have a built-in data capture/store function, so that even IF a code isn't thrown, someone can do root cause investigation without specially instrumenting the car. there will probably be special certification for techs to get trained on sleuthing these systems... maybe that's already happened. i do sense we will have to be careful about law enforcement and the insurance companies using this information for fault-determination.

seems we hear again and again, techs writing: "cannot replicate". that really shouldn't be an excuse going forward.

if the system hickups, the system should be smart enough to save away all the necessary pre-, during, and post-event information to give the poor tech a fighting chance.
  • Options
    good point. remember the genesis of the term "computer bug"? didn't it come about with one of the first computing systems where an actual bug (moth?) flew into a machine and shorted out some circuitry that resulted in the machine providing the wrong answer?

people need to know that all one needs is a hair-line fracture on a printed circuit board trace (a connector going from one point to another), or perhaps even what they call a cold solder joint (a solder point that didn't receive the proper heat or amount of solder to make a reliable connection), and a very complicated computer system becomes susceptible to vibration, shock, and/or is sensitive to heat or a change of temperature.

stalling is generally a no-joy scenario... i've read posts by people in other forums that have had that issue because of fuel pump / gas tank design peculiarities, or throttle body actuators/position sensor problems. a faulty design is one thing, but there is such a thing as a part that falls outside the norm.

with increased system complexity comes the side effect that systems fail (or perhaps work - heh heh) in more complicated and difficult to understand ways by average consumer. it's not mechanical anymore. it's electro-mechanical.

because of computerization, these systems may tend towards becoming more feature rich and functional. a side-effect is, that makes it harder and harder for the average person, and perhaps even a seasoned tech to diagnose, specially if the system isn't throwing and storing an unambigiuous / appropriate code.

personally, i'd like to see somewhere down the road - systems include a built-in data capture/store function, so that even IF a code isn't thrown when something happens, someone can still do meaningful root cause sleuthing without specially instrumenting the car after the fact for a subsequent event. there will probably be special certification for techs to get trained on sleuthing these systems and events... maybe that's already happened to some extent. i do sense we would have to be careful about law enforcement and the insurance companies using this information for fault-determination... i see that as a hurdle.

but it seems we hear more frequently of techs writing: "cannot replicate" or "cannot duplicate" and sending people on their way. that really shouldn't be done going forward.

i'd like to see a company like Honda address this issue head-on. i see it could be a feature which is abused, but it could also provide an independant means by which someone with a laptop can become more educated in what is actually happening with their vehicles if they are so inclined.

if a complicated system (like our cars are becomming) hickups, the system should be powerful enough to save away all the necessary pre-, during, and post-event information to give everyone an idea of what happened and support determining why it happened.
  • Options
    if a complicated system (like our cars are becoming) hickups, the system should be powerful enough to save away all the necessary pre-, during, and post-event information to give everyone an idea of what happened and support determining why it happened.

YES! I agree 100%!!

A couple of months ago our 03 Pilot with 21K+ miles started bucking and jumping at around 50 MPH, about the speed/rpm the Torque convertor was attempting to lock up in 5th. I truly felt the TC was self destructing. (I've had a Mazda MPV destroy one)

Got it to the dealer and a full day of searching revealed no problem and no diagnosis, although it was a solid failure that the tech could/did experience.

Late that day a more experienced service writer came in and said it sounded like an EGR valve to him. Said they had some problems back in 04 with some 03 Pilots. Next morning the tech checked the EGR valve and it failed. Replaced it and all was well again. It had worked fine for a lot of miles before failing.

Point is, our too expensive cars should share more of the responsibility.

Kip
  • Options
    there was a TSB issued for the EGR port clogging and possible EGR valve failure for a range of odysseys, perhaps Pilots too, I don't remember. Symptoms as you described.

funny, i wager the people on this site that have been with if for awhile reading many posts on the ODYSSEY (same engine) would have guessed it may be an EGR problem from your description. i certainly did.

on this particular issue, i'm not sure he computerized data capture would have helped. there's only so much the raw data is gonna show... but in the future the tech/geeks that CAN determine what's happening from sparse data... i see it as a specialty.

what would be great IMHO, in addition to having systems smart enough to capture data for RCA / troubleshooting... a computerized database mandated to be maintained by all manufacturers when some tech touches a vehicle. no more silent recalls, unknown TSBs, reflash history uncertainties, etc etc. more and more transparency for everyone to search and use.
  • Options
    mrdeeno3mrdeeno3 Member Posts: 9
    I got our 07 4WD EXL Pilot last 12/21/06. I was excited but decided to drive it only on Friday evening. It felt great, but the next morning (preparing for a long travel), I noticed that when in idle there's a high pitched noise. No dashboard alarm indicates where it is coming from. I thought of probably having a grounded radio/speaker system and so I turned it off, but still the noise did not go away. I thought it was coming from somewhere else (background, etc.) and so I turned off my engine, but then the noise went away. That moment I'm pretty sure it's coming from the electronic system of my Pilot. I wanted to bring it to the dealership, but I felt it's not that bad and so I'll re-schedule next weekend. We drove on the 45mph street (heading to NY) when suddenly a fellow driver signalled me to pull down my window. He said my left rear wheel is really "wobbly". I thought they were just kdding that they are trying to scam me; because I don't feel it while driving. I continued driving for 150miles more until I reached Selden. On our way to church on xmas eve, our relative following us (on the road) noticed that my wheel is wobbly. Then I got really worried. I got it checked up, and the technician immediately noticed I got a "bum tire." You can feel the bubble on the side and the same thing on one of my front tires (although the rear one has a bigger bump), but not felt when driving. I tried to reach my dealer, but i noticed they're on holiday too. I'm hoping tomorrow I could catch them and have someone locally in NY fix it, as I'm kind of worried about our safety on our way back (about 250mi away). Is that possible? IS anyone aware if this tire problem is or should be covered under reg warranty? Definitely it is not a wear and tear issue bec I'm driving it for like 3days only (and I recvd the car with 80mi on it already). I appreciate your comments. This is my first Honda experience. Previous cars I have were from Nissan and I didn't experience such performance issues. I'll get that noise fixed too.
  • Options
    sorry to hear this has happened on your new vehicle. it's not a performance issue obviously.

when someone signals your tires are an issue, you should take heed and pull over. driving an additional distance(150miles???) isn't something anyone should do of course. you should have pulled over right away.

for a brand new vehicle - an issue should be taken care of right away. don't wait any additional time which is unnecessary. bring it right in. you don't need to do this at the purchasing dealer if you are out of town.
  • Options
    I would think that a store that sells the same Brand/type of tire could help also, since the car is new with very few miles.

Worth a try!

Kip
  • Options
    The high pitched noise comes from your fuel pump, you can hear it especially if you are in a garage.
  • Options
    readerreaderreaderreader Member Posts: 253
    I have spoke to them face to face!!!, They said their is nothing wrong with the Pilot, and that they would give me a 7year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper warrenty...We have told them, as well as america honda we dont want to take any chances in that Pilot, with it stalling out again it is a safty issue. Believe me I have talked to the GM... of Boch honda, and he doesn't care what so ever... So I guess I will have to buy another one somewhere else take a big hit on the pilot with 312 miles on it, ot Pick up the Pilot and take a chance on it??? No way... But once again thanks for your input. Believe me I have tried to talk to them face to face,ect They just dont care for my famile's life!!!

Why don't you do Lemon Law?
    You should get a lawyer and force them to buy it back.
    Then take your money and buy something else.
  • Options
    bkuruvillabkuruvilla Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with 06 Pilot. The front passenger side gets completely soaked every time it rains. I took it to the dealer (Willis Honda, Burlington) the first time and they said everything is fixed. 2 Weeks after, it got completely soaked again after a rain. I wasn't even driving the car when this happened. It was parked in my driveway. Got another appointment to have it looked at again. Now the entire carpet is soaked and moldy smell inside the car.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Ok, we've moved the problem MPG posts over to the Real World MPG discussion. Here's the link:

boughtalemon, "Honda Pilot Owners: MPG-Real World Numbers" #188, 26 Dec 2006 5:31 am

Maybe we'll rename this one to Maintenance and Repair since the word "Problems" has its own baggage. :confuse:
  • Options
    justaveragejoejustaveragejoe Member Posts: 268
    You have uber-cyber powers, Steve. I thought that I posted my last message in the wrong discussion.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I knew you'd figure it out right away. You did mention MPG in your post and I didn't want to push my uber-cyber power luck too far and move the last one in the thread back over here. That might have clogged all the series of tubes for good. :shades:
  • Options
    jmac8jmac8 Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone have any experience with their Pilot on a beach? We had a Ford Expedition(I know poor me) and it was easy on and off the beach. We are concerned about our first time out on the beach. Any suggestions/comments.
  • Options
    mgol4mgol4 Member Posts: 7
    I've done it a few times on Long Island and have never been stuck, though I've had a few close calls. Make sure you "air down" (let about half the air out of your tires), don't forget to lock in the VTM, and, of course, don't forget to bring a shovel, tow rope, etc.
  • Options
    johnluujohnluu Member Posts: 1
    I noticed there is some vibration on the brake pedal when the car is idle. The vibration seems come from the engine. Not a lot vibration, but you definitely feel it. Wonder if it is normal?

I drove many other cars and never experienced this kind of problem.

any comments?

thanks a lot
  • Options
    mrdeeno3mrdeeno3 Member Posts: 9
    is this normal with Hondas?? i have not heard that kind of noise from my other nissan cars...
  • Options
    jmac8jmac8 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the info, see you on the beach!
  • Options
    john_terrijohn_terri Member Posts: 1
    We've always been a little frustrated working the nav system in our 2004 pilot so when we started having trouble and couldn't store any personal addresses we thought we were doing something wrong. Finally went to dealer and after they played with it for a bit and couldn't do it either we were told that it was a software problem and needed to purchase a new DVD to have it work again. I don't need/want a new disk, just for the current one to keep working. Details: we enter an address to store but the system just hangs. Doesn't matter what path we take to storing the address, it always hangs. Thanks for any insight.
  • Options
    bkuruvillabkuruvilla Member Posts: 2
    My Windshield was the culprit. This was a replaced windshied, not the original Honda Windshield. I am glad, it wasn't a manufacturing problem.
  • Options
    bp1171bp1171 Member Posts: 3
    I had noticed the same mildewy smell in my '06 Pilot several times after it rained, which hasn't been much in the past year here. But it rained hard yesterday and noticed today that the passenger side is soaked! Took it to the dealer right away. I do like my car as well, have had it a year now. I hope they are able to fix it and no further trouble. Glad to know it's not just my car, though.
  • Options
    darwin95darwin95 Member Posts: 1
    I got a problem with my 5 day old 07 Pilot. Last night I was driving down local road in Conneticut and making right turn. but all of sudden, the steering wheel got locked up and I almost couldn't make the turn. I got the Pilot towed to the dealer today and asked for return. They said they would let me know tomorrow.

anyone have same problem? am I entitled to get return? I was traveling with my freinds family and mine total 8 passenger and I can't believe this has happened.
  • Options
    Hi we need to talk!!!. My 07Pilot did the same thing while driveing on the MASS> turnpike!!!. When takeing my foor off the gas pedal it just stalled, did this 2 times!!!. My 07 pilot was bought at BOCH honda in mass. it has only 312 miles on it. The pilot has been with them for now 2 weeks, and they cant find out anything wrong with it, they said they have had a master tech from honda to look at it and everything. Here is my Number please call me, thanks if its the same thing, then we need to talk, on the phone,ect... Dean... 561-396-8100... They wont give me a new one, and have called america honda, and they wont give a new one, its bacisally like you cant even get a trade in price$$$ either, cause the 07 just came out. Please call me thanks Dean...
  • Options
    Did the engine stall causing you to loose the power steering? Or did the steering wheel lock as though something in the steering column froze?

Kip
  • Options
    austin302austin302 Member Posts: 4
    My 06 EXL Pilot with 9K miles recently developed a vibration in the accelerator pedal when driving in Econo mode (3cyl) on a flat stretch of highway at just under 60 mph (I've felt it above and below 60 mph too). It feels like the motor is running rough. There are no audible clues when this occurs and it's only in the pedal and only in Econo mode. Step on the gas and it goes away. It's at the dealer right now, but I'm sure they'll contend the don't feel it during a road test. Anyone experience or hear of this? Any suggestions?