Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

All the Power It Needs - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited December 2014 in Audi
imageAll the Power It Needs - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

With 220-horsepower and all-wheel drive, our 2015 Audi A3 feels quick and agile at all times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I don't know, I don't think I could own an Audi after hearing about the horrors of the Engine Sludge issues. Paying $4,000 to $8,000 for something that isn't your fault is NOT something that would settle well with me.
  • @kirkhilles1,

I was one of the poor saps who had that happen. I had an A6 many years ago that was nothing but trouble from beginning to end. Spending $3k to clean out engine sludge was the final straw. I swore off Audis after that. Having said that, Audi has changed dramatically since those days. I would be willing to give another one of their products a chance now.
  • @kirkhiles1, are you talking about the direct injection intake valve buildup? Lease or sell before the powertrain warranty expires.
  • rysterryster Posts: 570
    A guy where I work just got a 2015 S3. The exhaust note on that car is fabulous.
  • would be interesting to see a back to back comparison with the jetta GLI on the track what is notable is the a3 gets quattro i can't think of many small premium sedans that offer four wheel drive besides the CLA
  • As much as I love the A3, I still don't know if I could buy one over a GTI. True, there are those that simply cannot stand hatchbacks, but with the GTI, you can get a car that's pretty similar to the A3 for a bit less. True, you don't get AWD (unless you step up to the Golf R, which you could still make a case for) or some of the higher-tech features (LED headlights, 4G LTE, etc.), but you get a very similar drivetrain, a lot of higher-end features and a premium feeling car, albeit one that may not have quite as much prestige.
  • I own a 2013 GTI and because of the price difference I didn't even consider the A3.