Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

All the Power It Needs - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited December 2014 in Audi
imageAll the Power It Needs - 2015 Audi A3 Long-Term Road Test

With 220-horsepower and all-wheel drive, our 2015 Audi A3 feels quick and agile at all times.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I don't know, I don't think I could own an Audi after hearing about the horrors of the Engine Sludge issues. Paying $4,000 to $8,000 for something that isn't your fault is NOT something that would settle well with me.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @kirkhilles1,

I was one of the poor saps who had that happen. I had an A6 many years ago that was nothing but trouble from beginning to end. Spending $3k to clean out engine sludge was the final straw. I swore off Audis after that. Having said that, Audi has changed dramatically since those days. I would be willing to give another one of their products a chance now.
  • Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    @kirkhiles1, are you talking about the direct injection intake valve buildup? Lease or sell before the powertrain warranty expires.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    A guy where I work just got a 2015 S3. The exhaust note on that car is fabulous.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    would be interesting to see a back to back comparison with the jetta GLI on the track what is notable is the a3 gets quattro i can't think of many small premium sedans that offer four wheel drive besides the CLA
  • Options
    chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    As much as I love the A3, I still don't know if I could buy one over a GTI. True, there are those that simply cannot stand hatchbacks, but with the GTI, you can get a car that's pretty similar to the A3 for a bit less. True, you don't get AWD (unless you step up to the Golf R, which you could still make a case for) or some of the higher-tech features (LED headlights, 4G LTE, etc.), but you get a very similar drivetrain, a lot of higher-end features and a premium feeling car, albeit one that may not have quite as much prestige.
  • Options
    sinna46sinna46 Member Posts: 9
    I own a 2013 GTI and because of the price difference I didn't even consider the A3.