Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Confused about service traction action and check engine on the display.

badbiznizzbadbiznizz Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 2009 Chevy impala with over 100,000 miles. lt that shows service traction action and check engine on the display. Today I was driving down the freeway and engine disabled check throttle displayed soon after my car shut off (in traffic) on a freeway with my grandkids. I waited for 2 min, the car started. Ive read several post concerning these same issues.What is this and what can I do to get this taken care of? Anyone Please!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 116,823

I have a 2009 Chevy impala with over 100,000 miles. lt that shows service traction action and check engine on the display. Today I was driving down the freeway and engine disabled check throttle displayed soon after my car shut off (in traffic) on a freeway with my grandkids. I waited for 2 min, the car started. Ive read several post concerning these same issues.What is this and what can I do to get this taken care of? Anyone Please!

Your car's computer is telling you that a sensor has detected a malfunction in the driveline, and that you need to have it serviced by a technician, right away.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator