Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Confused about service traction action and check engine on the display.

badbiznizzbadbiznizz Member Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Chevrolet
I have a 2009 Chevy impala with over 100,000 miles. lt that shows service traction action and check engine on the display. Today I was driving down the freeway and engine disabled check throttle displayed soon after my car shut off (in traffic) on a freeway with my grandkids. I waited for 2 min, the car started. Ive read several post concerning these same issues.What is this and what can I do to get this taken care of? Anyone Please!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 239,007

I have a 2009 Chevy impala with over 100,000 miles. lt that shows service traction action and check engine on the display. Today I was driving down the freeway and engine disabled check throttle displayed soon after my car shut off (in traffic) on a freeway with my grandkids. I waited for 2 min, the car started. Ive read several post concerning these same issues.What is this and what can I do to get this taken care of? Anyone Please!

Your car's computer is telling you that a sensor has detected a malfunction in the driveline, and that you need to have it serviced by a technician, right away.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator