Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Key module got wet

tomwantomwan Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in Toyota
I just put my keyless thing thru the wash machine. It still works. Will it continue too?

Comments

• steverstever Posts: 52,462
    edited December 2014
    Maybe. Did you dry it well?

I've washed keyboards before but I let them dry for days before plugging them in again.

If you think the fob may still be damp, bury it in rice for a few days.

If this is your only fob, you should research replacements while this one is still working - you may need a working fob to train a new one to avoid extra expense at the dealer.
  • thanks Stever. it is my spare fob. It was two days ago that it went thru the wash mach. It is still working. I'll immerse it in rice though anyways.
    Since it's the spare, I'd remove the battery and if you can get the rest of it apart, that could help too.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,729
    I ran an Infiniti "smartkey" through the wash, with no issues.. not that I recommend it..

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ok, its several days later, I disassembled the fob and put it in rice for a day and put it back together and it seems fine. Who'd a thunk it?
  • It's mid-February and key is still working just fine. (amazing)
    edited February 2015
    Don't go jinxing it now LOL.

My luck I'd drop it and step on it. :)