Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you currently drive a 2019 Ford Ranger and live in Michigan?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Good price for a 2015 Lexus IS 250 Balloon Option?

brady15brady15 Posts: 3
edited December 2014 in Lexus
I was quoted the following price for a fully loaded (Navigation, luxury package, etc.) 2015 IS 250 AWD, for 36 months and 12k miles (balloon option):

- MSRP of $44,493
- Cap cost: $41,919
- Residual: 65%
- 2.4%
- $565/mo.

Is that a good price? Thanks very much.
Tagged:

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited December 2014
    ???? I thought balloon payments were only for purchasing a car, not leasing.

Anyway, as a lease, this seems high by about $100-125/mo to me but let's wait for the leasing experts to jump in. No front money? What are the fees?
  • Thanks for your response, Mr. Shiftright. The quoted price of $565/mo. assumed no money down and nothing due at signing. I don't remember the total amount of the taxes and fees, but I think they were in the neighborhood of $5-6k, and they are rolled into the monthly payments. A balloon option operates similar to a lease, but yes, it's technically a purchase. They are common here in Chicago b/c they allow you to avoid an 8% usage tax that the city imposes on leases.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    OK. This is new to me, sorry. So at the end of 36 months you cough up a balloon payment and then you own the car? Have i got that right?
  • At the end of 36 months you have the option - but not the obligation - to purchase the car for the balloon payment (which I understand to be the same as the residual amount).