Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    xdcxdc Member Posts: 12
    Dear Blueguy:
    Where did you get your BMW, in San Diego or LA? I am considering getting a328ivery soon since my TL got totaled.
    Enjoy reading your post a lot!

XD
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Always purchased in SD. Haven't bought one recently as I pass on the deals last weekend - figuring the deals would get better. They didn't so far...
  • Options
    donnabgood1donnabgood1 Member Posts: 39
    I spoke with BMW Financial about 2 months ago regarding my leased '07 328i that matures in May 09. I asked if they were negoitating resuiduals on the car? They said "yes" and to call back in March. In the meantime I recieved a letter from the delarship where I leased the car. The residual on the contract is 32500 roughly. Salesman said he would sell the car to me for 31500k (including certification charge of 6/100k and 4.9 financing). Upon speaking to him further on the phone (in a less than 5 min converstation) he came down to 29000 certified or 27500 without certification (where I lose the interest rate and warranty) plus I will be off the hook for the remaining pymts (which as of today is about 1200 worth of pymts). I asked if I waited would the deal get better, say next month. He told me "no" the deals were better last month and that it will proably get worse next month. I wonder if that is true. When I booked the car out it booked wholesale at 27500 so I am wondering if BMW will lower the sales price next month..because now blue book calues are dropping weekly it seems.. has anyone here bought their leased BMW? I really need some advice. I love my car, but have always leased..but after driving a BMW every other car out there seems like a compromise..anyway the fact that in the course of a few min converstation the prices he quoted dropped at 500 a mintue when no real neogotian on my part makes me wonder if there is more room? Has anybody extended their lease from BMW? Is that a viable option? My BMW orginial MSRP was 44250 so 29000 seems like a decent deal after two years..but also a lot of $$ to spend on a car right now in this economy.. please advise..you think I can get a couple more $$ off waiting to pull the trigger next month? It is costing me 400 a month in lease pymts until I decide. Thanks for your input and advice in advance.

Donna
  • Options
    moneyballmoneyball Member Posts: 15
    Yes, BMWFS called me and made that offer. It was NOT the dealer that leased me the car originally.

I looked around at some X3 yesterday. I may go for CPO '06.
  • Options
    NeworUsedNeworUsed Member Posts: 6
    Why would the deals not get better? Its a car and last I checked, the economy won't be getting any better.
  • Options
    Yeah they don't want to take a bath when you return that car. The deals will get better and better.
  • Options
    hemanthhhemanthh Member Posts: 40
    Donna,

Sounds to me like you are getting a good deal. You might get a better deal in may, but you have a deal in hand right now. Do the math and if you an negotiate a bit, you might be able to bring it down a bit more.

BMW is doing better than other brands because of the great finance option. I would take the finance option. Its free money. Try and figure out how business is at the dealer before you go back to the negotiation table.

Make and offer and let them take it. and if they dont you can always wait till May.
  • Options
    kloeppelkloeppel Member Posts: 2
    I am getting ready to purchase a 2006 330I with Sport and Premium package with 44k miles. Price is $21700. This is NOT a CPO vehicle, but I am thinking of getting the 36month/75k 4+ GE extended maintenance plan for $1500 with the car as well. The car is a one owner owned by a doctor and has been well maintained and looks and drives like new.

This seems like a good price based on what I have been seeing on these cars. Opinions? Has anyone ever had the GE extended 3rd party warranty appears to be very cheap compared to the cost of a potential repair on this car.
  • Options
    circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Sounds like a very good price IMHO. Have it checked by an independent BMW mechanic before you buy...then have fun!

Regards,
    OW
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,439
    I'm a bit skeptical on 3rd party warranties. An '06 should still be under factory warranty. The original owner can bring it to the dealer and pay to have it Certified by BMW.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    mattress2mattress2 Member Posts: 7
    Leasing a 2008 335i demo w/3800 mi.,silver/black, auto, prem.,htd seats. 3 yr/10K. $425/mo. plus tax. Nothing down, no sec.dep., no first payment. Owner loyalty money factor helped keep payment down.
    This is the second BMW demo I've leased (from 2 different dealers) - a great deal every time. Definitely worth looking for.
  • Options
    time88time88 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, just want to first say I've been following the forum a couple months and have learned a ton, thanks to everyone...

I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the below deal.

2007 328i Coupe - CPO
    19k miles
    Sport / Premium / Auto / NAV / Metallic Paint (space gray)
    Selling for 31k.

What would a great deal be here? 27k?

Thanks!
  • Options
    27 would be a nice deal.
  • Options
    alexrrt71alexrrt71 Member Posts: 8
    offer this afternoon was 06 325i sedan, 29k miles, premium package, cpo for $26,000 with 0% financing

or an 07 328i sedan, heated seats, 20k miles, cpo for $28,400, with 5.9% financing (i was test driving this car and it overheated, they had the service guys pick us up, and they took the car straight to the shop)

trying to get as cheap as possible without compromising the value of the car i'm getting. this is going to be my first bmw.

please help
  • Options
    That's way too high on the 06 325i. Local SD dealer has the a bunch of them with lower miles and lower pricing. You should be able to get 22-23k for that car cpo.

As for the 07, that's too high too. I've talked to dealers with 335is, 07s, that are willing to part with them for less than 29k.
  • Options
    of the two, take the one with the low rate, as long as the car runs good. You can negotiate other bells and whistles, but no apr is better than apr.
  • Options
    icristi58icristi58 Member Posts: 6
    Posted this question in a different forum but not definite answer yet. Need to decide this month (0.9% financing for 2006 CPO) if buying my car at the end of the lease makes financial sense. 2006 330xi sparkling graphite metallic, black leather, with 22000 miles, sport, premium, navigation, cold weather, comfort access, (has everything except parking sensors). 36 months lease, 12000 miles/year, ending April 29, 2009. What would be an acceptable buyout number? I contacted the dealer already, so BMWFS will probably not going to deal with me at this point, based on other people experiences. Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    How much to buy the car?
  • Options
    icristi58icristi58 Member Posts: 6
    Well, the dealer offered me 28,555.00 plus tax, title, tags. That includes CPO, but not new tires. He said I need to add 800.00 if the tires do not pass inspection and need new ones (RFT's). I asked how much the certification costs, and he said for my car, about 1600.00. I love my car but I am not willing to pay that much. I am trying to find out what a reasonable counter-offer should be. I would like to keep my good relationship with the dealer for potential future business, when the 3 series will have a significant face-lift, hopefully in few years. Somebody mentioned that the CPO for a 3 series is around 1100 not 1600. Any recommendations? Thank you very much.
  • Options
    bmmrgrlbmmrgrl Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I need some advice, I'm being offered a 2008 335 conv. fully loaded. MSRP was at $60,045 and they are offering it to me for $53,075. The sales rep said this was a european delivery car that was ordered but the purchaser returned it or something like that. The car has 65 miles on it.

Options:
    Sporks,
    Premium,
    Cold Weather,
    Nav.
    Ipod adapter
    Comfort Access,
    etc...

Is this a good deal? The guy said the invoice price for a european delivery guy is 57K+ (vs. the U.S invoice price of $55k+) and that he's already giving me 4K under invoice... please help!

Thanks ;)
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    It was ordered for ED, but never picked up from the buyer in Europe?
    Price wise if you cannot do ED yourself then for 2009 model invoice is $54,482 (2008 should have Logic 7 system $875 while 2009 is an option).
    So ED invoice should be less than $53,000 for 2009 model. Counter offer with $52k..
  • Options
    alycat1alycat1 Member Posts: 2
    deciding between both cars. i originally planned on the preowned 525xi but figured i may as may price out a 2009 328xi. Here are the #'s:

2009 328XI- 0.9% at 60 months, BMW makes 1st two payments
    -heated seats
    -power seats
    -ipod adapt
    -auto trans
    MSRP $39700
    can get it for $37,000

2007 525xi- 22,000 miles
    5.8% at 48 months ($2000 approx)
    fully loaded, minus NAV
    $30000

Any input? I have never owned a BMW before and dont know which way I should go. The 5 is obviously beautiful, but wasnt sure if I should spend a little more for a new 3
  • Options
    kirawiikirawii Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, I notice BMW is now offering 0.9% - 2.9% financing promo right now. How often do they run this kind of promotion? I'm thinking about purchasing one like the end of the year.... but also afraid they won't run this promo anymore.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • Options
    This has been on-going for about 5 months.
  • Options
    socal_guysocal_guy Member Posts: 2
    BMW virgin here and leasing my first one...since i dread going through dealerships I'm instead using a broker to lease a silver 2009 328i, premium package and ipod usb adaptor.
    Here's what I was quoted:

Selling price of about $38,500 (didn't get a firm price, but in the mid $37K - $38K)
    Money factor of .0019 (I had read here that MF now is .0015 or .00175, but I heard the broker call someone at BMWFS who gave the .0019 quote)
    15K miles
    57% residual
    security deposit waived (I have excellent credit)
    $2,500 total out of pocket (includes first payment and acquisition fee, which means down payment of $1,200)
    Monthly payment of $572

Can anyone advise if this is a fair deal and if not, what I should negotiate?
    Thanks
  • Options
    alycat1alycat1 Member Posts: 2
    2009 328XI-automatic
    leatherette
    power seats
    heated seats
    ipod adapter
    MSRP is $39645
    offer so far is $37000

anyone know if this is a good deal or what invoice may be? Im in NY/NJ area.
  • Options
    Two things...three...

1. Do not put any money against a cap reduction. Take that $1200 and put it into 3 MSDs. This will drop your money factor by 0.00007 X 3 or 0.00027. The MSDs will be return to you at lease end. For your $1200 you'll get an ROI of about $500 savings. You won't get that kind of return anywhere else. If you can swing it, go for a max of 8 security deposits - this will drop your money factor to first the base and then an additional 0.00049 points. It'll cost you $3200 in security deposits but your savings will be on the order of $1400-1800 over the course of the lease. And you get your $3200 back.

In the instance you showed, a $1200 cap cost reduction is gone forever. If you put $1200 in MSDs, your payment goes to about 541 but at the end you get $1200 back. Net gain for you is $500.

2. Don't listen to him about waved security deposit. If you pay for the SD, BMWFS'll give you the lowest MF available.

3. Be sure you're getting the car at or below invoice. In this economy no metal is moving.

4. Are you sure you will drive 45k miles? Do the math on 10 and 12k leases as you BMW allows you to buy miles near lease-end for 16 cents each. For some people going this route works out cheaper.

Use LeaseGuide.com and the lease calculator there to run your numbers.
  • Options
    Edmunds lists the invoices for the cars...
  • Options
    socal_guysocal_guy Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice blueguy...it's very helpful and validates some of my thinking as well.

1. I have no problems putting as much MSDs as possible to reduce the MF, as a matter of fact, that's my preference. The broker discouraged me against this, which is why I'm inclined to just go to a dealership and work with BMWFS directly. My question is, how reasonable is it for BMW to lease a car with no money down these days?

2. This is helpful to know...the fact that I can choose to pay SD even if it's waived, so that I can take advantage of MSDs.

3. I'm not sure if Edmunds factors in the charge for steptronic auto transmission ($1,260), but either way, I'm seeing a wholesale price of about $37K. How reasonable is it to get the car at/near invoice? How's the dealership going to make money if they can't get above invoice?

4. Good to know about the reduced mile purchase option. Unfortunately, I put about 11K a year just for work, so I though the 15K option would be cheaper.

Thanks again for your help!
  • Options
    1. You can do $0 down but they will usually roll acquisition fees into the lease - that adds about $25 a month to your payment. I would consider dealing with the dealershinp's internet department - get it all arranged online before you set foot.

3. When you build the car, check the box for that auto trans. Edmunds is pretty dead on for invoice pricing. You can get at/below invoice with a desperate dealer - this weekend would be great. They will make it up with 5s when you rate them and on the lease.

4. Check the math. You never know until you run the numbers...
  • Options
    stone3stone3 Member Posts: 9
    Hello,
    I received a quote for the following specs.
    328i sedan 2008
    monaco blue
    premium pkg
    auto
    xenon
    MSRP 39550
    Quote 35500
    I think the quote is too high for 2008 model. Based upon what I found so far, people were getting up to 8k off from MSRP. Do you have any advice on the price? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for all the useful information and help.
    I received the offer of 35K for the following car.
    328i coupe 2008 used (10K miles)
    monaco blue
    Premium pkg
    Heated seat
    Navigation
    Auto
    I checked Kelley's blue book price and I believe it was 35450K assuming excellent condition. What would be a good price to start a negotiation?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    check edmunds - KBB is just plain wrong about pricing - and aim for a price near trade-in value. even if it's cpo. they want to move cars.
  • Options
    Thank you very much. I will check it. After visiting many dealerships, I had an impression that most dealers prefer to sell their cars rather than lease them these days. For 328i 2008 model, I could not get the best deal that I found in edmunds.com so I am planning to wait till this summer when I will probably get the best deal for either new one or used one. The dealers told me that the info that I found from edmunds.com may not be correct and refused to match it. I disagreed with them since I was able to get the deal that I found from edmunds.com for my current car. I found out that dealers around DC area (MD, VA) is giving me harder time than ones around Boston area but I will just keep waiting and see how it goes.
  • Options
    2007coupe2007coupe Member Posts: 3
    Hi i am coming to the end of my 2007 lease at end of march. Its fully loaded (sports and prem packages) The dealer at bmw said he can sell it to me for 22,000 with maintanece and extended warranty coming to about $475 a month. We owe 28,500 to BMWFS for it. it was worth 46,000 and put 6,000 down. How do i make sure i get the best deal without recertification fees and registration,taxes etc.. and warranty costs that are ways for the dealer to make money? What should I ask for? The 0.9 financing is for every model and year except 2007. the dealer said it will be 3.9 in march. is there a way to get the 0.9 financing?
  • Options
    akronohioakronohio Member Posts: 2
    328xi 2008 with 2227 miles

premium package
    cold weather package
    xenon headlights
    ipod usb adapter
    bmw assist

Dealer asking 35,995

Edmunds has dealer sale at 36,000 and trade in at 31,379

Dealer said they are willing to really deal and it is the end of the month so he wants to deal on it

Is 32,000 or 31,000 out of he question?

I just think the market is incredibly soft right now and uncertainty may give me an opportunity for a great deal

I appreciate any thoughts as I read the posts and I am clearly an amatuer at this

Thank you
  • Options
    akronohioakronohio Member Posts: 2
    paid 33000 plus t t &d

I appreciate being able to read all of your thoughts
  • Options
    demarco5demarco5 Member Posts: 2
    is this a good price?

http://princetonbmw.com/Preowned-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=26648757

2007 328i coupe
    16.5k miles
    premium package
    automatic

dealer internet special 29.800
    i got them down to 27.000 should i go for it, or get them lower..

or should i get this one for 26.000???
    http://www.lifequalitybmw.com/Certified-Preowned.aspx?InventoryId=26917855
  • Options
    gemini4ugemini4u Member Posts: 1
    i'm a newbie and my sis in NY(zip11364) is starting her hunt to BUY a
    2009 BMW 335 cic with :
    premium package
    6 speed streptronic
    cold weather package

MSRP per edmunds: $55,400 with invoice of $51,050 and TMV of 53,256

what will be the best price to offer?? please help...
  • Options
    lygplygp Member Posts: 1
    I ordered it through BWM of Mountain View (CA) last December. So far I'm pretty happy about it.

I wonder why there aren't more people taking advantage of factory orders. The deal I got is as good as, if not better, than most deals posted here. I locked in the promotional rate (0.9% APR) at the time of order. Now that BMW has a better deal (0.9% APR plus 2 months payments waived) I'm also eligible for the new deal.

After we ordered, my wife had a change of mind of the exterior color, so we went back and changed it. Then I decided I really want the xdrive, and we went back and changed it again. The internet/euro delivery manager at BMW Mountain View was very nice and accommodating. Each time we didn't have to renegotiate at all - we just added the invoice price of the option to our negotiated price.

Moreover, with factory order you only pay for the options you need. This car is going to be my wife's commute car. She doesn't listen to iPod so we skipped the iPod adaptor. She wanted comfort access and park distance control, but I don't want her to get confused by the iDrive. There is no way to find one with CA and PDC but not navigation. With factory order you can get the precise option combination.

I guess the dealers have the incentive to sell the cars on the lot first, so they normally don't advise you to do factory order. But if you don't have to have the car immediately, it's probably worth considering. In my case the sales guy told us the car would arrive at first week of March, and it arrived at exactly that time.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    katedeskatedes Member Posts: 7
    Do you mind if I ask how much you got your car for? Thanks.
  • Options
    htownpimp786htownpimp786 Member Posts: 80
    I was trying to understand the market for buying a car right now in terms of pricing!

I am looking at purchasing a 2009 BMW 328i sedan in Houston, TX.

I was told by the dealership I visited that any 3 series sedan can be had for 3% OVER invoice. He said on average there is a 7% mark-up on those vehicles and he would let me take my pick at anything they have for 3% over invoice.

Is that reasonable? I have seen others on the forum say that they are getting cars at invoice or below for the 2009 models? What should I be looking at paying for this car?

I was looking to finance and take advantage of the 0.9% for 60 months with them paying for the first 2 car payments!

Please HELP! =)
  • Options
    1. he's a liar
    2. you can get invoice - shop the internet
    3. Unless you MUST have a new car, considering looking into 2006 and 2007 CPO (certified pre-owned) models as you'll get the same car with a 50% discount. 50% is a big chunk of savings. And think about the way that new 328 will fall in 2-3 years if 2007s are going for 55% of MSRP.
  • Options
    bbrown7bbrown7 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '09 328i in Atlanta. After internet shopping, paid approx 3% over invoice, and probably could have gotten him a bit lower. Deal included 0.9% finance and two payments.
  • Options
    Why won't a 328 work for a baby? I just moved to a 3 series 4 door expressly because we had a baby. He fits with tons of room, my wifecan sit in the front or back and the trunk easily swallows his gear, plus whatever we need.

Heck, we used my car for a costco run last weekend. Kids are small and contrary to current belief you don't need much to travel with them (small snap'n'go like stolller, small diaper bag and his infant seat/base).
  • Options
    darryl_bmwdarryl_bmw Member Posts: 4
    :) Can someone please give me the latest residual values for the 2009 335i convertible? I am looking for 12k miles/36 months and am looking to do ED in late June. I am currently leasing a 330i so will be eligbile for loyalty cash/rates. Can someone tell me if I am eligible for the loyalty cash on this car? How about the financing deals (pay for up to 2 months)? Anyone have the latest residuals and MF rates (for Chicago and for Florida, where I am based)? I head that they improved the March rates just recently ... is this true? Should I look for about ED wholesale +1500 dealer profit?
  • Options
    beamer44beamer44 Member Posts: 17
    This is my quote on a 2009 328i convertible-MSRP=$44,550-Invoive=$40,985-Invoice prices include=Leather=$1410-Automatic=$1260-Heated seats=$455-Navigation=$1910-Bluetooth=$685-Net Invoice total=$47,205-Destination charge=$825-Gas guzzler Tax=$250-Maco=$250-Training/servive fee=$180-Total suggested price=$48,460-plus $500 of my money=$48,960-Electronic fee=$25-Doc. fee=$151.65-Taxes=$4,545.13-Transfer plates=$80-Grand Total is($53,761.7).Is this a good deal? Also do I have to pay Maco-$250-Training-$180 & Electronic fee-$25 for communicating on the internet? Thanks for you time and input,Michael
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    how much below MSRP?
  • Options
    laurieslauries Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking at a used BMW 328i that had been a dealer loaner. It has just about 7500 miles. Titanium silver with grey leather interior. Premium package and iPod connectivity. Internet price is $31,880 which looks pretty good when you surf around the net. All the dealers in the Houston area are priced within a couple of thousand for the same type. So...looks like a good price but I'm certainly not going to say "Yea baby" and walk out the door. Would offering $29K be too low? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    I'd offer no more than $27K. Seriously. My Louisville dealer has two 2008 328i loaners-
    Here's one, and here's the other. I'd bet you that I could pick up either one for no more than $28K- easy.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive