Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

About to buy a MDX

rosefox911rosefox911 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2015 in Acura
Hello,

I owned a fully loaded 2014 Honda EX-L with Navigation. Sadly it was totaled last week. I am in the market for a new car. So far, the best car I have driven (and I have tried a LOT of them) is the Acura MDX.

I love how it drives, I love how it looks. i did have some questions.

1. I know the car requires premium. Gas is cheap right now but it could jump up again. The car salesman told me I could do half Plus, and half Premium. Is this true?

2. Does the 2012 Come with keyless entry? Some say they do.

3. Any suggestions on a remote starter?

4. I noticed that the major change in the 2014 redesign was that it added a second screen, one that you could touch. I assume there is no way to get that on a 2012, right? I like the 2012 body much better than the 2014, but I do like that second monitor, it makes the car looks much more modern.

Thanks for your time! I plan to make the purchase this week, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318

Hello,

I owned a fully loaded 2014 Honda EX-L with Navigation. Sadly it was totaled last week. I am in the market for a new car. So far, the best car I have driven (and I have tried a LOT of them) is the Acura MDX.

I love how it drives, I love how it looks. i did have some questions.

1. I know the car requires premium. Gas is cheap right now but it could jump up again. The car salesman told me I could do half Plus, and half Premium. Is this true?

2. Does the 2012 Come with keyless entry? Some say they do.

3. Any suggestions on a remote starter?

4. I noticed that the major change in the 2014 redesign was that it added a second screen, one that you could touch. I assume there is no way to get that on a 2012, right? I like the 2012 body much better than the 2014, but I do like that second monitor, it makes the car looks much more modern.

Thanks for your time! I plan to make the purchase this week, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1. If the MDX has a 16 gallon gas tank, and assuming .30 more per gallon for premium than regular unleaded, you are looking at an extra $5 per tank. Worth it for the piece of mind, in my opinion.

2. Use the "make / model / year" pulldowns at the top of the page to get information on the 2012 MDX - it should link to a page that tells you if keyless entry is available or not

3. Lots of aftermarket kits available .. I'm sure a bit of on-line research will give you some good suggestions.

4. I don't think the in-car entertainment systems from the 2014 model can be retrofitted into a 2012, but as the saying goes "with enough money, anything is possible".

Good luck with your search.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4