Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Corolla OTD price

bingroybingroy Member Posts: 4
edited January 2015 in Toyota
Anyone purchased a 2015 Corolla, L Automatic? What was the total OTD price?
I have received quotations that all add up to around $17500 (including taxes, plates/registration, freight and dealer fees).
Most dealers are charging $825 for freight and $600 in dealer processing fees.
What would be a good deal in your opinion? I am thinking around $16000 max.
Note: I have seen discounted price (so called no haggle prices) hovering around $14500 with an additional $1000 for military discount (for which I technically don't qualify). MSRP is around $18500.

Reasons:
L trim with automatic is in lower demand than LE or S trims. Yes, it is boring to drive but I hate CVTs and cannot afford the S/LE Eco trim.
No trade-ins.
Will likely end up paying by certified check. Wont take financing. (Is getting a $16000 in one go an advantage for dealership)?

Should I start around $15500 and work my way up to $16000 or start with $16000 and work my way up to $16500? I am in no hurry to buy but would like the car by mid-Feb.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    bingroy said:

Anyone purchased a 2015 Corolla, L Automatic? What was the total OTD price?
    I have received quotations that all add up to around $17500 (including taxes, plates/registration, freight and dealer fees).
    Most dealers are charging $825 for freight and $600 in dealer processing fees.
    What would be a good deal in your opinion? I am thinking around $16000 max.
    Note: I have seen discounted price (so called no haggle prices) hovering around $14500 with an additional $1000 for military discount (for which I technically don't qualify). MSRP is around $18500.

Reasons:
    L trim with automatic is in lower demand than LE or S trims. Yes, it is boring to drive but I hate CVTs and cannot afford the S/LE Eco trim.
    No trade-ins.
    Will likely end up paying by certified check. Wont take financing. (Is getting a $16000 in one go an advantage for dealership)?

Should I start around $15500 and work my way up to $16000 or start with $16000 and work my way up to $16500? I am in no hurry to buy but would like the car by mid-Feb.

Thanks

What is the breakdown of your OTD offer? I see the logic of giving the dealer one final price, but you need to account for taxes and fees in it. A simple spreadsheet should allow you to line item each component of the deal - offer price for the car, sales tax, tags & license, etc.

If you are in the ballpark the dealer should work with you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks Michaell.

Breakdown (approx numbers)

Sale price = 14600-15500
    Tax = 850-10000
    Dealer fees = 500-700
    freight = 800
    title/registration = 100

Per advice on this forum & Edmunds.com I am going to start with the dealer fees scrapped. That's the cost of dealer doing business!

What about freight? I fail to understand why I should pay for the car being shipped from factory to dealer. That's the cost of dealer doing business as well!

The rest are legit charges, which I can will not contest.

I have seen internet prices "no haggle offers" for sales price going down to $13500, but that was with a military discount.

Further thoughts?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    bingroy said:

Thanks Michaell.

Breakdown (approx numbers)

Sale price = 14600-15500
    Tax = 850-10000
    Dealer fees = 500-700
    freight = 800
    title/registration = 100

Per advice on this forum & Edmunds.com I am going to start with the dealer fees scrapped. That's the cost of dealer doing business!

What about freight? I fail to understand why I should pay for the car being shipped from factory to dealer. That's the cost of dealer doing business as well!

The rest are legit charges, which I can will not contest.

I have seen internet prices "no haggle offers" for sales price going down to $13500, but that was with a military discount.

Further thoughts?

I don't think you can get around the transportation fee .. it's part of the sticker price.

Agree with you on the dealer fee ... adjust your offer for the selling price to offset that cost. Dealer will tell you they can't eliminate it, but you can mitigate it.

And, I truly hope you aren't expecting to pay $10K in tax -- gotta believe that is a typo. This late at night, I can forgive it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Guys I am getting a on the road price of $16.8K from a dealer. Breakdown is as follows

Price 14500
    Tax 870 (state = 6%)
    Destination 825
    MD tags/registration 300
    Dealership LOW 300

TOTAL 16795

Good deal I suppose?
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    bingroy said:

Guys I am getting a on the road price of $16.8K from a dealer. Breakdown is as follows

Price 14500
    Tax 870 (state = 6%)
    Destination 825
    MD tags/registration 300
    Dealership LOW 300

TOTAL 16795

Good deal I suppose?

Is this for the L model ? What's the MSRP?
  • Options
    Yes Corolla L (sorry should have specified). Automatic. Dealer says MSRP 18325. Toyota website says 17500.