Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Certified Elite 328d lease question

posidon42posidon42 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2015 in BMW
Looking to get some information on what sort of money factor and residual is in place for this model. I know there are some incentives, but I think I found a decent deal and wondered what I might get. It is a certified elite 328d which was a service loaner. The math from what I've found seems to indicate that I should just buy it; especially since the 0.9% apr is available through BMW.

328d x-drive; premium and cold weather packages with navigation. Asking price is $34,992. The dealer is quoting me a 61% residual w/ 12k miles and a 0.0017 MF. Seems a bit off to me from what I've seen on here.
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    posidon42 said:

Looking to get some information on what sort of money factor and residual is in place for this model. I know there are some incentives, but I think I found a decent deal and wondered what I might get. It is a certified elite 328d which was a service loaner. The math from what I've found seems to indicate that I should just buy it; especially since the 0.9% apr is available through BMW.

328d x-drive; premium and cold weather packages with navigation. Asking price is $34,992. The dealer is quoting me a 61% residual w/ 12k miles and a 0.0017 MF. Seems a bit off to me from what I've seen on here.

.00130 MF and 62% residual, assuming it qualifies for the new car program.

They are marking up the money factor the maximum.

Residuals have to be adjusted for mileage, though... Subtract $0.20/mi.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• posidon42posidon42 Member Posts: 3
    Great. So what should the residual be compared to? Is it 62% of their asking price minus the mileage?
    posidon42 said:

Great. So what should the residual be compared to? Is it 62% of their asking price minus the mileage?

62% of MSRP minus the mileage charge.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• posidon42posidon42 Member Posts: 3
    I thought the residual was based off the cap cost, not the MSRP. If this is the case, how should I calculate a fair lease for a certified 2014?
    posidon42 said:

I thought the residual was based off the cap cost, not the MSRP. If this is the case, how should I calculate a fair lease for a certified 2014?

No. .. residual is always based off of MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator